Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Multicultural Bulls**t
    #1586344 - 05/28/03 09:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

First of all, I do not ascribe my belief system to any white supremacist organizations. I am myself a minority of a caucasian persuasion.
I'm quite sick of having my children inundated with this "multicultural" propaganda.
We, or should I say the others, are made to look like the enemy who has wronged all the other groups. If one is white, one is made to endure black history month, hispanic heritage month, and asian heritage month. We don't have a Jewish/Semitic or Arab history month. With a constant barrage within our school system, my children feel as if they are looked at in a negative light, reversing the discrimination. The schools where I live are very much mixed.
I just feel that the school board wastes tooooo much time on this subject and not enough concern with basic reading, writing and arithmetic.
Liberal bullshit!  :shocked:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #1586479 - 05/28/03 10:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is true. There are reasons why American children's test scores are below the average of developed nations, you have highlighted one of them. Other (related) problems are the emphasis on not hurting students' self esteem instead of making sure they learn the subject matter, the lowering of standards so that no students may be left behind and social promotions.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Evolving]
    #1586555 - 05/28/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you would probably feel different if you were a minority, whose race had been oppressed by the majority race for hundreds of years. i.e. blacks and hispanics.

disclaimer: if you wish to argue the facts of oppression, prepare to be publicly deconstructed.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/28/03 11:24 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1586714 - 05/29/03 12:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I fail to see how exposing children to other cultures is bad for them....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1586819 - 05/29/03 12:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

you would probably feel different if you were a minority, whose race had been oppressed by the majority race for hundreds of years. i.e. blacks and hispanics.

You know nothing of me, my opinion is based on the facts of the dismal performance of our educational system.

Quote:

disclaimer: if you wish to argue the facts of oppression...

Prior oppression of some people's ancestors by some of other people's ancestors is no excuse for bad public policy which affects those which had nothing to do with the oppression.  Let's try a simple hypothetical to illustrate my point: If your great grandfather beat up somebody who was the same race as my great grandfather every day at school does that give me the right to beat you up?  On a lesser note, would it give me a right to sabotoge your education?  I say no.  I have no desire to inflict punishment upon you for something that you had no part in, for something of which I am not a victim.

Quote:

... prepare to be publicly deconstructed.

ROFLOL :tongue:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (05/29/03 12:50 AM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1586902 - 05/29/03 12:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great replies evolving!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Murex]
    #1587058 - 05/29/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Cracker: What the hell you mean I owe you?
Darkie: We was slaves to the white man for four hundred yeas...
Cracker: Well Lemme ask you...are jews white?
Darkie: Yea..they is
Cracker: Where the hell is egypt?
Darkie: Thats easy, its on the contenent of Africa...
Cracker: Who the hell lives in Africa?
Darkie: Africans
Cracker: What the hell color are the Africans?
Darkie: Every body knows theys black people in Africa?
Cracker: So that means that the Egyptians were black, right.?
Darkie: Well, yeah I rekkon they was.
Cracker: Well since the Egyptians were black and Jews are White and the jews were slaves in egypt for 1000 years what does this mean?
Darkie: I dont know, what does it mean?
Cracker: It meas shut the hell up and get back to work! You owe me 600 more years!

Go to the school and explain that your children feel like a minority, that every one has a history month and get to celebrate being of ethnic origin and that you dont feel its right, there is no caucasion history month, not even a day, nor is there an american indian history month...That no child should feel like an outsider around his peers and that unless the schools and that by allowing these travisties to continue that its promoting racism and racial segregation, is sepparates children into different categories determining one to be better that the other.

Faculty will laugh at you...then you hit the school board with the same tactic, system wide policy should be inforced, encourage other parents including black, hispanic and asain to attend and be sure to invite the media....if they reject it....call your lawyer...you just established grounds for a large lawsuit.

Edited by Prisoner#1 (05/29/03 01:54 AM)

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1587079 - 05/29/03 02:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

our "multicultural" education system actually ends up segregating people because the smart kids don't want to be stuck in the normal classes, they have to go so damn slow so that "no child is left behind".. so they join the AP courses. how many black kids do you see in AP courses?!?! we end up having a multi-tiered system. the exact opposite of what was intended. so we have the smart kids (which are actually the normal kids) and we subject the other 90% to special ed status!!! our retarded education sytem produces a whole bunch of fucking retards. your tax dollars at work.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1587084 - 05/29/03 02:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

As a person of Slavic ancestory, I would like to present some interesting bits of information about the word 'slave.'

ETYMOLOGY:
Middle English sclave, from Old French esclave, from Medieval Latin sclvus, from Sclvus, Slav (from the widespread enslavement of captured Slavs in the early Middle Ages). See Slav.

WORD HISTORY:
The derivation of the word slave encapsulates a bit of European history and explains why the two words slaves and Slavs are so similar; they are, in fact, historically identical. The word slave first appears in English around 1290, spelled sclave. The spelling is based on Old French esclave from Medieval Latin sclavus, ?Slav, slave,? first recorded around 800. Sclavus comes from Byzantine Greek sklabos (pronounced skl?vs) ?Slav,? which appears around 580. Sklavos approximates the Slavs' own name for themselves, the Slovnci, surviving in English Slovene and Slovenian. The spelling of English slave, closer to its original Slavic form, first appears in English in 1538. Slavs became slaves around the beginning of the ninth century when the Holy Roman Empire tried to stabilize a German-Slav frontier. By the 12th century stabilization had given way to wars of expansion and extermination that did not end until the Poles crushed the Teutonic Knights at Grunwald in 1410. ?As far as the Slavs' own self-designation goes, its meaning is, understandably, better than ?slave?; it comes from the Indo-European root *kleu?, whose basic meaning is ?to hear? and occurs in many derivatives meaning ?renown, fame.? The Slavs are thus ?the famous people.? Slavic names ending in ?slav incorporate the same word, such as Czech Bohu-slav, ?God's fame,? Russian Msti-slav, ?vengeful fame,? and Polish Stani-slaw, ?famous for withstanding (enemies).?

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1587085 - 05/29/03 02:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah and fuck affirmative action!!

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1587389 - 05/29/03 04:00 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

As a person of Slavic ancestory, I would like to present some interesting bits of information about the word 'slave.'

are we here to argue symantics and articulation or are we here to laugh at me for for being such a retarded freak....
....if thats thee way you wanna be...caucasians are from Estonia and Chechnya, more specificly the caucusus, a mountan range, it's a diverse population mix of people from many different language groups...many include these, Circasian (Adygbze): Adyge proper , Cherkess , Kabardian, Bagulal, Botlikh, Godoberi, Chamalal, Qarata, Tindi, Abkhaz, Abaza, Chechen, Georgian (kartvelian), Ingush, Dido Khwarshi, Qapuchi, Hunzib, Ingush, Bats, Avar, Turkic, Azeri, Karachay, Balkar, Noghay, Kumyk, Armenian, Iranian, Ossetian, Tati, Talish...but thatss just a few....

so I'd just like to say....if you are descended from western european people.... you arent even a caucasian....posers...
oh....almost forgot your link Shahsevan mafrash

hope you enjoy the stay...

Edited by Prisoner#1 (05/29/03 04:19 AM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1587442 - 05/29/03 04:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

evolving- i was actually replying to bullfrog, sorry about the miscommunication.

I like how you say "Prior oppression", its like you actually think oppression has stopped. thats funny.

and I think you are missing the point of black history month....its not about negative punishment, its about positivity, and I think white children learning positive things about black history is p-o-s-t-i-v-e. it dissuades ignorance and racism.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1588319 - 05/29/03 11:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

are we here to argue symantics and articulation or are we here to laugh at me for for being such a retarded freak....

:confused: ???  Neither, I was just offering some information that I thought was interesting, seeing as many people want to blame others for something or offer them special privledges and accomodation merely because of their race (not directed at you).  Shouldn't I be entitled to certain things from Germans for what they did to my people?  Shouldn't there should be a Slavic history month?  Shouldn't I be entitled to affirmative action over Germans as well?

--------------------

Edited by Evolving (05/29/03 11:51 AM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1588365 - 05/29/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

evolving- i was actually replying to bullfrog, sorry about the miscommunication.

No problem.

Quote:

I like how you say "Prior oppression", its like you actually think oppression has stopped. thats funny.

I never stated oppression had stopped. There is no systemic oppression of blacks any more in this country. You will ALWAYS have some individuals who will want to favor people of some ethnic backgrounds over others. However, we currently have institutionalized racism in this country today. It's called affirmative action and it is unjust, as my prior hypothetical was designed to illustrate.

Quote:

and I think you are missing the point of black history month....its not about negative punishment, its about positivity, and I think white children learning positive things about black history is p-o-s-t-i-v-e. it dissuades ignorance and racism.

How can you dissuade ignorance when your children graduate from high school unable to read? I think you are missing the point, children are being promoted in schools without mastering subjects, they are graduating functionally illiterate, the U.S. is near the bottom in quality of public education, but spends the most or nearly the most. We are doing ALL children a great disservice by neglecting the basics of what schools are about. Instead, resources and education time are being squandered pushing the PC agenda. The multiculturalists denigrate Western civilization and blame it for all the woes of the world, they teach N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E stereotypes about people of European descent and promote R-A-C-I-S-M against them. One need look no further than the opinions frequently expressed (bereft of reason, with terrible grammer and spelling) on this website to see that the publicly funded brainwashing is working and the 'education' isn't.

--------------------

Edited by Evolving (05/29/03 12:11 PM)

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1588889 - 05/29/03 03:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Go to the school and explain that your children feel like a minority, that every one has a history month and get to celebrate being of ethnic origin and that you dont feel its right, there is no caucasion history month, not even a day, nor is there an american indian history month...That no child should feel like an outsider around his peers and that unless the schools and that by allowing these travisties to continue that its promoting racism and racial segregation, is sepparates children into different categories determining one to be better that the other.

Caucasian history month...day? Every day is Caucasian history day. That's like saying why is there no 'heterosexual pride' parade in San Francisco, it's because heterosexuality pervades every aspect of life, it's in your face, on TV, in the newspapers every day. What's wrong with minorities learning about their culture and heritage? What's wrong with white people learning about that too?

If a teacher is somehow making children feel guilty, or segregated, then they need to be dealt with, but I don't see what's wrong with trying to teach children about other cultures besided their own.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Edame]
    #1589237 - 05/29/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

As a child going through elementary school, and even high school it always seemed very stupid.  I never had anything against other cultures, but i really didn't give much of a fuck either....unless they were passing around good ethnic food! :grin:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1590365 - 05/29/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

evolving: okay, I admit, i dont know much about the american school system, but we also have black history month in canada, and our version has never promoted racist stereotypes of europeans.

but if kids are graduating with out the ability to read, then that is severely fucked up.

but I do think the "western world" is responsible for many woes of the world....not all....but alot.

--------------------

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#1590701 - 05/29/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Atom,
Well, to be honest, I was brought up Jewish myself. But wasting the school hours teaching about the holocaust to the point that even a jew would vomit, is also a waste, IMHO.  Much of the multi-cultural agenda should be taught at home.

A good example is my 6 year old being taught about Martin Luther King. Now, you tell me what a 6 year knows about racism-Not a fucking thing. By teaching him about, promotes it! Tell a kid not to stick his finger in a light socket, if you catch my drift. Everyone suffers from some sort of discrimination. It's up to parents to straighten kids out, not my fucking tax money. Another clear case of adults who want the school system to raise their kids for them. The sheer lack of responsibity exhibited in todays world is truly nauseating.  :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1590748 - 05/29/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

A good example is my 6 year old being taught about Martin Luther King. Now, you tell me what a 6 year knows about racism-Not a fucking thing. By teaching him about, promotes it! Tell a kid not to stick his finger in a light socket, if you catch my drift. Everyone suffers from some sort of discrimination. It's up to parents to straighten kids out, not my fucking tax money. Another clear case of adults who want the school system to raise their kids for them. The sheer lack of responsibity exhibited in todays world is truly nauseating.  :frown:

The problem is a lot of parents, whether intentionally or accidentally, teach their kids to be racist, rather than warning them against it.

The argument you make is kind of like people saying that kids shouldn't learn about sex in school because parents should teach their kids about it at home.  Well, some parents are too busy or too scared to do this, so their kids don't learn about safe sex and before you know it, we see a rise in teenage pregnancy, and more and more teenage mothers go on welfare, and so society pays an even bigger price than the price of educating these kids in the first place.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Multicultural Bulls**t [Re: silversoul7]
    #1591670 - 05/30/03 01:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"yo mutha fucka! I beez fiteen and i ain't down wif you be saying shit on me like dat! imma pop a cap in yo ass after I listens to me some eminem and fiddy cent!"

heh :-)

Well, I'm sure my opinion is not going to surprise anyone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2284783.stm  Check that out before I begin :smile:

I think that the "multiculturalism" in America, such as the praising of interracial relationships (MTV for example), is going to lead to a nation, then a world, where their is no true diversity. We will all have "evened out" to a hue of brown, much like when you mix black paint with water and stir, it eventually all becomes one color.    I prefer living in a world where I can see people with blue eyes, people with red hair, people with green eyes, people with brown eyes.    I also think that the race that beget Socrates, Plato, Virgil, Homer, Aristotle, Galileo, da Vinci, Bach, Stephen Hawkings, Dr Hoffman, A. Wasson, Leary, Ford etceteras ad infinitim should probably be concerned about how they are being overnumbered.  I think that all of the multiculturalism in America is what is lowering our test scores overall.  Teachers are having to go slow enough that "everyone" can understand (which, by the scores, too far are) and kids aren't getting the education they deserve.

I also think that kids are being forced (african-american history month, woman history month, fag history month, hindu-asian-chinese cultural day) to view other cultures as superior to their own cultures.  I can't think of many people my age or younger that really listen to and understand classical music, but I'm sure most of them could tell me who sings "in tha club". I doubt that many people younger than myself, not through their own fault but through the fault of our education system, have read, memorized, and studied Shakespeare to the degree that they've been exposed to Martin Loofer King Jr.  I don't think that the national art museum gets as many visitors from school busses as the Holocaust Memorial Museum.  I think that the social perception of "white" people is somewhat aloof (bad dancers, for example), and black people are portrayed as "super cool". I guess to sum it up, every race is being taught how to be "proud" of their "Accomplishments", but the race that has, far and away, done more, isn't.  I'm a little upset by that.  I'm upset that my kids will one day be spending an entire month in history class leraning about "african American" history. I'm upset that my kids (they even had this when I was in school) can take "African American History", and learn the accomplishments of black people from African on into America, but they couldn't take, say, a Nordic History class (personally, I am part nordic, and I'd be very happy to see my kids in a class learning about that, but heaven forbid we learn our OWN history).

Well, I'm sure this will at least draw some attention, I hope i've made some people think.  Or should I say, "yo yo yo Rap massa JR hopin I gotz mad peeps up in this piece thiz-inking", so i'll be understood.

Bah, I had to throw this in.  Watch a few movies (new movies) or tv shows and see just how often the bad guys have Southern or German accents.  Notice how they aren't afraid to portray white people as bad, but heaven forbid they do it about a black person.  also one last thing, think of two types of jokes you could tell in just about any workplaec and get away with... Blonde jokes and polish jokes.  Well duh, It's fun to make fun of white people! and everyone ones that people of Nordic background are just stupid! I wish I could beeez-a smaat like dem fine black peoples.

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract

General Interest >> Political Discussion