Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
I am proud to be an american
    #1375778 - 03/14/03 09:55 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I am proud to be an american. Everything is not perfect in america, but it is the best place in the world to live. And those people that complain about america so much need to move somewhere else where they would be more happy. No one is making them stay here. But all in all i am proud to be an american.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1375811 - 03/14/03 10:09 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Nothing wrong with being proud of your country, but I've never understood the "love it or leave it" mentality. If someone is dis-satisfied with their government, then what is wrong with trying to change it for the better instead of just quitting and leaving?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1375814 - 03/14/03 10:09 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Amen.

I am proud to live in a country where The Shroomery can exist.
This place exists in open defiance of authority.
Do not take your freedoms for granted.

I was with you until:
And those people that complain about america so much need to move somewhere else where they would be more happy

If you really cared about America you would do everything in your power to preserve the values and principles that it stands for. It's the people who care the most about America that are always complaining.

God Bless America

OfflineSuperSpun

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1375834 - 03/14/03 10:15 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I totally agree with both of you. I did not mean that if you disagree with the government than you need to leave. That is not what i meant at all. What i mean is all the people that do not apreceate the freedom they have in america need to, because their is alot of country's where you dont have that kind of freedom.

--------------------

Edited by SuperSpun (03/14/03 10:49 AM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1375869 - 03/14/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Good for you!! :smile:

Personally though i would never even visit america...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1375909 - 03/14/03 10:44 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Personally though i would never even visit america... 

thank god.. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1376041 - 03/14/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

You think your free? Try "freely" smoking a joint out in public. Try not renewing your drivers licence and see how "free" you feel the next time you get pulled over.

It's the old boiling a frog analogy-
If you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will hop right out, but if you put the frog in cool water and slowly bring the temp up you will have a cooked frog. Any decent pot smoker out there knows that we have been having our rights taken away slowly over time. THere are countries that have much more in the way of freedom and I would leave the US in a heartbeat if I could get into those other countries, namely Canada. BC is unreal as far as beauty goes and the people rock.

Sorry, I can't get into the whole idea of the imaginary lines that some believe separate the people of this planet. I am a traveler on this earth. I cannot get caught up in displaced patriotism and nationalism.....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Edited by upupup (03/14/03 11:26 AM)

OfflineSuperSpun

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: upupup]
    #1376105 - 03/14/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

dude, how many places can you smoke weed freely, how many places can you drive without being authorized to drive? I am not saying that america is perfect, i am just saying that it is the best pace in the world/

--------------------

Offlineupupup
guardian

#1376119 - 03/14/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

i am just saying that it is the best pace in the world/

Based on what? Environment? Personal freedoms? Personal wealth (whatever wealth means)? Justice?

My driving example sucked to be sure but that is because I see it as a right and not a privalege. It goes along with the rights for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

As far as smoking weed goes there are several contries as we all know where it's at least decriminalized. Here we still have zero tolerance and mandatory federal sentencing.......

--------------------

OfflineSuperSpun

#1376127 - 03/14/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Dude if you like those places where it is better than america, then why dont you just go and live there

--------------------

Offlineupupup
guardian

#1376132 - 03/14/03 11:59 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I totally agree with both of you. I did not mean that if you disagree with the government than you need to leave.

Backtracking aren't you?

As I have said before and will say agian, I would move to BC yesterday if it were possible. I looked at trying to do that years ago but alas, I don't have the coffers or the education that would entice the Canadian officials into letting me stay.....

--------------------

OfflineSuperSpun

#1376180 - 03/14/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

i love you man

--------------------

Anonymous

#1376302 - 03/14/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Because I disagree with what our GOV'T is doing, i would have to leave the country? Please don't mistake the common man from men who crave power and work to keep it. I feel sorry for you if you base your own philosophy on what our government tells you. If your not working towards change and a better earth, then why even try at all?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1376401 - 03/14/03 02:25 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Dude if you like those places where it is better than America, then why don't you just go and live there

I understand what you're trying to say. Many here complain how rotten the US is and how the Govt. is oppressive and just about everything else is terrible, Bush sucks, everyone lies, the rich suck, the poor are stepped on..yadda yadda yadda. They back it up by saying that they don't vote, attend peace vigils and wish they could move to Canada. With that said I'm not a "love it or leave it" kind of person but would anyone really want to live in a society that they "perceive" to be this way? If i felt this way i would lobby, get into politics, vote for people that will actually change or move to somewhere where it's better like...*ahem* Canada. I say to these people that it's not a love it or leave it statement rather a if it sucks sooooo bad why are you killing yourself living here?

as a side note i also notice that this is said by people that are still living with their parents and haven't experienced REAL life yet where NOTHING is fair no matter how much you whine and complain.

Is it wrong that i don't feel oppressed, love my life, see problems within my country but vote to change them, love my job, love my home, my community and my country? It seems there are a lot of miserable people out there.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/14/03 02:29 PM)

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1376564 - 03/14/03 03:41 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

While I am sure your not refering to me specifically let me just say that I vote, attend and organize peace endevours though I would support a war in the right context, am the father of 4 children, am pro gun, anti abortion but in favor of the right to choose, and live on my own land which I am developing into a self sufficent farm where I hope to enrich the lives of my community by providing them with wholesome food so in a certain respect I am very involved politically.

That being said, if misery is found in my tone it is because of the difficulty I encounter to create those things and the struggle I have to go through to create this exsistence while I watch the greedy, bloated, white, elitists steal the future of my children and all our personal freedoms.....There is nothing like seeing my childrens future being stolen from them and the helplessness I feel in doing anything about it.....

AND I am saying I DON'T want to live in a country that is oppressive and just about everything else is terrible, Bush sucks, everyone lies, the rich suck, the poor are stepped on and that is why I am taking the actions that I do......

--------------------

Anonymous

#1376861 - 03/14/03 06:24 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I'm proud to be a Native American.

Epelo.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: ]
    #1376999 - 03/14/03 07:54 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Whoa, are you really Native American!?

Its really too bad what happend to the poor native americans... :frown: It is weird to think that the Europeans just raped their land and killed them. :frown:

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1377047 - 03/14/03 08:33 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

your views are extremely narrow minded. i have a feeling you haven't traveled much. try living abroad for a while, it will give you a different perspective of america.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: angryshroom]
    #1377048 - 03/14/03 08:34 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Yes angry, I am Cherokee.

I studied with the Lakota for about a year.

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1377339 - 03/15/03 02:22 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

They back it up by saying that they don't vote,

If voteing could change anything, it would be illegal.

you can't run away from your problems. You could move to another country, but soon the imperalistic asshole would catch up with you, you need to be on the front lines if you wanna fight for change.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Edited by RadioActiveSlug (03/15/03 02:25 AM)

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1377378 - 03/15/03 02:54 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

You can only percieve freedom in a glass prison for so long. Gonna hit that wall someday soon. I hope it leaves a mark on you too.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: ]
    #1377892 - 03/15/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

I'm proud to be a Native American.

:ooo: :ooo: :ooo:

I've been in USA twice and Canada once. What I really liked is the multiethnic & multicultural feeling. I didn't feel like a stranger there, even my english was not the worst that can be heard on the streets.  :tongue:
Europe is much more xenophobic. 

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: zeronio]
    #1378041 - 03/15/03 09:25 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

True, I have travelled to both Europe and Asia, and I have to say for the most part, they are as ignorant about us as we are about them.

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1378101 - 03/15/03 10:00 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

i am just saying that it is the best pace in the world

In which countries have you lived? What experiences living in other countries do you compare to make such a statement?

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1378525 - 03/15/03 01:34 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

if you REALLY are "proud" then read this
www.corpwatch.org!!!!!

oh and by the way AMERICA is NOTHING LIKE IT WAS .............

Lincon hated the banks , so did jefferson
most americans dont realize how BAD things got "turned around"

example
4 out of 5 of the "intolerable acts" that caused the american revolution have been repaeted in the name of "free trade"(which by the way IS NOT free!!!)

anyway "real" americans HATE the federal reserve and the billderbergs

JFK\Lincon\WW1\ww2\ and the great depression = the bilderbergs , the federal reserve , the Trilateral commision

DO SOME READING ON THESE THINGS
if your so
american
I am more ameriacan than most americans
AND I A FROM CANADA!!!!!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: rhizo]
    #1380411 - 03/16/03 07:38 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I've traveled to Europe and Canada, countries which people like you consider "truely free countries."

While I was in Germany, I stayed with a family. The boyfriend of the house's owner had just been laid off because his union didn't know when to quit. He was replaced by a compliant robot. But no matter, he said, he wouldn't even have to look for a new job. The government would support him until he found a good job within a few miles of his home.

I ask anyone who lives in Europe, do you know how much tax you are paying? Probably not... every item for sale has the final price listed, not the price before tax. For all I know, that 1Euro beer I bought could ahve been 75% sales tax.

In Germany and in Austria, I also ran into some friendly cops. No, they didn't care about drug use. All they wanted was for me to pay a fine for illegal parking (I was parked legally) in one case, loitering in the other. Both of the tickets they attempted to issue said nothing of the sort... the excuse? It's a special fine, newly instituted. Oh but thank god the police weren't arresting me for committing a crime - that would be tyranny!

And my friend's dad moved to America a few years ago from Canada because he outgrew his market (nuclear engineer specializing in electricricty). He rose to the top, and could go no further.

I am pretty goddamn happy to live in America, and I would never think of living anywhere else. Here I can rely on police to enforce the law, I get to keep more than half of my paycheck. I can grow my wealth and be comforted in the fact that unions are not going to run a company into the dirt - there is a reason why so many corporations from around the world come to America to do business.

Not only that, but I am allowed to own firearms, drive with few restrictions (to upupup who said, "Try not renewing your dirvers license and see how "free" you feel the next time you get pulled over" - try this in any other country as well, breaking the law has fucking consequences, and America's driving laws are some of the most relaxed in the western world), and camp in the Rocky Mountains, miles upon miles away from human contact.

Decriminalization of pot is not what defines freedom, but that seems to be the only basis for the argument that Europe is more free than the US.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: Anonymous]
    #1380436 - 03/16/03 07:46 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

No country is perfect, and that includes Germany, as well as America. I agree that living in America is a pretty good deal. But I sure as hell wouldn't mind living the rest of my life in the Netherlands, either. What I dislike the most about America isn't the way we live--it's the complete and utter arrogance exhibited by the government and flag-waving, SUV-driving, blind patriots. Now, to be fair, France can be pretty arrogant too. But I can't think of any other country that bullies the rest of the world like we do(probably because no other country could get away with it).

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: silversoul7]
    #1380456 - 03/16/03 07:55 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Self-defense and the defense of those in need is hardly bullying.

Edited by stonedfish (03/16/03 07:56 AM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1380506 - 03/16/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Self-defense and the defense of those in need is hardly bullying.

I'm not just talking about war. I'm talking about the way we push people around. In particular, look at Latin America. We depose leaders and install new ones as we see fit. Of course this COULD be considered self-defence if that includes defending our economic interests.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1380601 - 03/16/03 08:49 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

The boyfriend of the house's owner had just been laid off because his union didn't know when to quit. He was replaced by a compliant robot. But no matter, he said, he wouldn't even have to look for a new job. The government would support him until he found a good job within a few miles of his home.

Isn't that cool? :laugh:
What about there... if your company decides to replace you by a compliant robot you'll get no support from the government?
I don't think that there is a big difference in the amount of tax that we pay. It's more where the tax money goes. Either every citizen benefits from it or it goes for example for anti ballistic missiles, which means directly into the pockets of the rich.
BTW things are not that simple in Europe, every country has a different system. The so called "new europe" or the ex-communist countries more or less adopted the american style of capitalism.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1380665 - 03/16/03 09:17 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

That was a good post and no i wasn't referring to you specifically.

with that said i'm referring to those that just hate everything about this country in general, they say it sucks here and we're "insert adjective here" yadda yadda yadda...

I guess i can only speak for myself when i say that if i hated this country so bad that it makes me miserable i'd move to somewhere where i would be happy

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#1380941 - 03/16/03 10:50 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

america is america. some people like the way we do things here, and some people don't. for some people, there are certainly better places in the world to live. for you socialists, sweden is a far better place to live. if you don't mind handing over half your paycheck to the government, prefer to live in a place where guns are illegal, and value relaxed drug laws, there are probably many places in europe that are more suited to you than here. it's all about what's important to you. i don't think that one could say that america is the best place in the world to live... one could say, "for me... america is the best place in the world to live"... but this is all very subjective. arguing over this is like arguing over whether it's better to live in a rural area or in a city.

i'd like america alot more if we had no drug\prostitution\gambling\obscenity laws, no welfare, extremely relaxed gun laws, and a someone other than bush running things. i think i'll stay though. for now, anyway, it's not terrible... we'll just have to see how big big brother gets.

being an american however, is no source of pride for me.

Anonymous

Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: zeronio]
    #1381430 - 03/16/03 01:31 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

There is no need to replace workers with complient (albeit expensive) robots if the employees are grateful for their jobs.

And I'd rather have my tax money go to our defense system than given out to some alcoholic who lost his job because *surprise* he showed up to work drunk one too many times. Besides, defense spending helps people who work for companies such as Lockheed Martin. I guarantee you, the engineer who designs new jet fighter ejection systems is not rich. But he has a job thanks to government spending - the bum is still jobless.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
    #1381543 - 03/16/03 02:22 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

I've traveled to Europe and Canada, countries which people like you consider "truely free countries."

people like me? truly free countries? you're reaching here.

Quote:

I am pretty goddamn happy to live in America, and I would never think of living anywhere else.

of course you wouldn't. "people like you" couldn't handle it. "I ain't eatin this shit! I want a goddamn hamburger and fries! Where's my gun? Too many damn colored folks runnin 'round these parts!"

Quote:

I can grow my wealth

...but you can't grow yer weed, which brings me to my next point.

Quote:

Decriminalization of pot is not what defines freedom

it's not? what defines freedom? locking people up for the rest of their lives for growing a plant? I guess you support John Walters and his so-called war on drugs.

Quote:

Oh but thank god the police weren't arresting me for committing a crime - that would be tyranny!"

I think if it were up to you everybody guilty of a minor infraction would be locked up for 20-30 years...wait, it's already that way in the US.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1381572 - 03/16/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I can't handle what shit? I eat food, like people around the world. Burgers and fries only amke up a small part of my diet.

And apparently you missed all my other points. I know people who grow weed, mushrooms, make other drugs. But they don't sell it and have clean records. That shit is illegal almost everywhere else in the world. I truely feel sorry for you if your life revolves around drugs so much that, when deprived of them, you feel like you aren't free.

This is the last time I'll respond to you if the only arguments you can come up with are stereotypes generalizations. Get a life, get an education, and learn when to shut up.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1381972 - 03/16/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

of course you wouldn't. "people like you" couldn't handle it. "I ain't eatin this shit! I want a goddamn hamburger and fries! Where's my gun? Too many damn colored folks runnin 'round these parts!"

LOL!

:grin: :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
    #1382148 - 03/16/03 07:46 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

I truely feel sorry for you if your life revolves around drugs so much that, when deprived of them, you feel like you aren't free.

Ok, a few things. Contrary to what you'd like to believe(it would be so much easier for your simple mind), many drugs aren't just "feel good" recreational substances. Humans have evolved using many consciousness-expanding entheogenic plants and fungi for thousands of years. It's quite probable that these entheogens actually accelerated our evolution of consciousness. So now you feel it is ok to remove these from the equation and thus evolve against nature rather than with it. I choose to evolve with nature, but I think it's easier in your mind to think of me as a diseased addict who can't live without his fix. Users and propagators of these enlightening tools are being persecuted(social stigma of drug use created by the government & media), concentrated in work camps(prisons), and well we all know the next stage. Extermination of a whole group of free thinking individuals, boy that'd be good for big brother.

Quote:

I know people who grow weed, mushrooms, make other drugs. But they don't sell it and have clean records. That shit is illegal almost everywhere else in the world.

I'm not saying you can't get away with it, but if you get caught then see ya bye bye, goin to the federal pen for 10-20. As for that stuff(not sure what you're referring to, but I'll assume it's weed) it's legal and quasi-legal in a shitload of places around the world. The places it is illegal is because America imposed its morality(christian coalition retards) on weeker nations. Take a look at Thailand, to get US aid they've killed over a 1000 suspected drug dealers in the past three weeks paramilitary style. Oh yeah, America's a great country.

Quote:

get an education

if you could spell "truly" then i might take you seriously

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1382202 - 03/16/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

Kind of like if you could spell "weaker"?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1382269 - 03/16/03 10:32 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

i'm not telling people to go get an education.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1382298 - 03/16/03 10:53 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

that's apparant...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
    #1382314 - 03/16/03 11:08 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

you mean "apparent"?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1382327 - 03/16/03 11:30 PM (21 years, 18 days ago)

exactly....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1382666 - 03/17/03 03:38 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

The places it is illegal is because America imposed its morality(christian coalition retards) on weeker nations. Take a look at Thailand, to get US aid they've killed over a 1000 suspected drug dealers in the past three weeks paramilitary style.

Excellent point rhizo.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1382747 - 03/17/03 04:14 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

The places it is illegal is because America imposed its morality

ofcourse it was america's fault, what isn't?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#1382842 - 03/17/03 04:52 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I think Alex has been cloned and poked with a stick as a fetus, because you seem to be a much more aggressive fool.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1382902 - 03/17/03 05:18 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I truely feel sorry for you if your life revolves around drugs so much that, when deprived of them, you feel like you aren't free.

My life doesn't revolve around drugs, but knowing that I can be sent to prison with murderers and rapists for being in the company of a certain plant makes me feel that I'm not free.

I truly feel sorry for anyone here who doesn't yet see the injustice. If you can't see it, you don't know the meaning of freedom... Oh, but I'm sure you all are perfectly happy with your supersized burgers and fries and mass packaged celluloid culture.

be free.

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1382925 - 03/17/03 05:26 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I heard the Actors Union in Hollywood is willing to set up a black list for all actors who express 'unacceptable' ideas (in other words stand up against a war in iraq like Clooney and Sheen) in order to deny them the right to work...

i don't want to be the cocky European who says america is this or that, but i was really shocked hearing the news (considering the supposed freedom of speech and all?? ) and i have to say this: in the post-WWII Europe this could NEVER EVER happen...

ps. it reminded my also very much of the communist-witchhunts america had during the cold war.....

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: I am proud to be an american [Re: quemo]
    #1383124 - 03/17/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

quemo writes:

I heard the Actors Union in Hollywood is willing to set up a black list for all actors who express 'unacceptable' ideas (in other words stand up against a war in iraq like Clooney and Sheen) in order to deny them the right to work...

You must have heard wrong then, because unions are good things. A union would never deprive someone of their means of livelihood ... everyone knows that only paper tiger reactionary Capitalist running dogs do that.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
    #1384552 - 03/17/03 01:29 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

i guess in your vocabulary protesters/activists=aggressive fools

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom