Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hint at sublingual DMT activity
    #8966973 -

Saturday I used a razor blade to load some DMT into my oil pipe.  I licked the residual powder off the blade, and by the time I reached my bedroom (where I was going to smoke) I noticed I was feeling a bit weird.

Being a relative newcomer to DMT, I thought at first it was just pre-toke jitters...but when I tried to assess what I was feeling carefully and objectively, it felt like an "alert" as Alex Shulgun would say.  Not normal, but too subtle an effect to characterize.

Also, I have some "jungle-spice" which is this honey-thick and honey colored oil which is essentially solid in the freezer, but will flow when warmed.  I'm thinking of smoking a tiny amount of it, and was also thinking of soaking a 3mm x 3mm square of toilet paper in it and placing it sublingually to see if it is active.

I won't be able to try either of these things until next week-end, but will report back on results.

BTW, I managed 2 decent hits on Saturday (I'm a non-smoker) and, well...it was indescribable.  I meditated on the come-down afterwards and that was amazing, too.

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8966992 -

yeah dmt is some amazing stuff

but

dmt does not dissolve in water so it couldnt work unless it was not freebase

i know snorting does work when its converted to salt form but sunlingual i couldnt say

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: retrospect]
    #8967566 -

interesting, i cant wait to hear teh results of this experiment next week.

btw... NB, did you go to CoSM this weekend?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: retrospect]
    #8967663 -

retrospect said:
but dmt does not dissolve in water so it couldnt work unless it was not freebase



Two things:
1.) DMT is slightly soluble in water, especially in warm water
2.) The freebase may (or may not) be better for crossing the oral mucosa than a salt, since charged molecules are unable to pass the lipid bilayer.

Quote:
i know snorting does work when its converted to salt form



You've made some DMT fumarate and tried it? Or know someone who has? (the fumarate is the only salt I'm aware of that can be obtained as a solid)

I've only read successful insufflation attempts with the freebase (which burns like hell in the nose).  I know some folks at the DMT-Nexus were attempting to make DMT fumarate to test out the hypothesis that insufflating a salt would be more effective, but no substantial progress had been made last time I checked the thread (and now the Nexus appears to have been shut down by LEO :undecided:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8968263 -

Quote:
Entropymancer said:(and now the Nexus appears to have been shut down by LEO :undecided:)




WHHHAAA?!?!!

dude...r u serious?! :confused:


--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: piracetam]
    #8968464 -

It's been down for several days now, and a lot of members were recieving suspicious PMs asking for/advertising hookups for scheduled drugs in the last couple weeks.  There was also a thread about RainbowSerpent snitching out a fellow member, and another thread about a snitch that appeared to have been deleted very quickly.  All of this started happening about the same time that people advocated that members stop using the term "SWIM".

Considering Dutch law, it's very possible that the ubiquitous use of the term "SWIM" may have been all that was keeping the site legal.

I'm still hoping that it's just hardware/server/hosting issues, but things aren't looking so good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8969534 -

Entropymancer said:
retrospect said:
but dmt does not dissolve in water so it couldnt work unless it was not freebase



Two things:
1.) DMT is slightly soluble in water, especially in warm water
2.) The freebase may (or may not) be better for crossing the oral mucosa than a salt, since charged molecules are unable to pass the lipid bilayer.

Quote:
i know snorting does work when its converted to salt form



You've made some DMT fumarate and tried it? Or know someone who has? (the fumarate is the only salt I'm aware of that can be obtained as a solid)

I've only read successful insufflation attempts with the freebase (which burns like hell in the nose).  I know some folks at the DMT-Nexus were attempting to make DMT fumarate to test out the hypothesis that insufflating a salt would be more effective, but no substantial progress had been made last time I checked the thread (and now the Nexus appears to have been shut down by LEO :undecided:)



ahh ok i was unaware freebase was soluble in water at all. yeah i read about a guy on the nexus who managed to get it into hcl form, i believe, and he snorted it but said the whole trip his nose was burning. maybe i just remember wrong and he snorted freebase :S

anyway im very interested to hear how this goes then

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: retrospect]
    #8969582 -

Actually I recently found a post by a Nexus refugee who filled me in on the fumarate experimentation.

Quote:
After the nexus discussions it emerged that dmt-fumarate is very easy to make, as a matter of fact it is a very simple 3-step process;

1) saturate acetone with fumaric acid
2) dissolve dmt in some acetone
3) add an amount of fumaric-acid saturated acetone in the acetone-dissolved dmt. Too much is no problem.

dmt-fumarate forms. this is totally insoluble in acetone and precipitates out instantly. Precipitates can be dried at RT (SWIM's FOAF prefers an oven) to give solid beautiful dmt-fumarate.

150mg insufflated do not produce much burnihg (just the uncomfortable sensation of having all this quantity up the nose). The effect takes 3-5 min and for SWIM's FOAF lasts for 45-50min. Very pleasant and not too intense.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8970229 -

wow looks like ima have to try that one day!!!

that sucks about the nexus being down. i hope its only temporary!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: retrospect]
    #8971642 -

retrospect said:
that sucks about the nexus being down. i hope its only temporary!



Just tried the nexus.  Still down.

While all this information on whether DMT is soluble enough to pass thru lipid layers etc. is important, I think exerimental investigations on route of administration should be explored more fully irrespective of what would be predicted by theory.

If DMT passes through colonic mucosa (as we seem to have been told and presently believe) there is at least a chance the sublingual route would be efficatious as well.  AFAIK, there is a much better blood supply under the tongue, and a shorter, more direct circulatory conduit to the brain.  The oral mucosa is probably thinner as well.

W/R/T circulation to the brain - there is a "triangle of death" between the nose and the corners of the mouth in which an untreated (or worse, squeezed or manipulated)  infection can lead to brain abscess due to the directness of the circulation.  Taken together, I think these facts warrant a test.

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8972418 -

I agree, the sublingual route might well be more efficacious than intrarectal, and probably warrants investigation.  It appears from preliminary indications that none of these routes are anywhere near as potent as vaporizing, but they do seem to provide an interesting timeline, shorter than oral MAOI+DMT but longer than the brief blast-off of DMT.

Another thing to note about the fumarate salt is that it is much more stable than the freebase, so it would probably be advantageous to convert any spice intended for longterm storage into this form.

And regarding the Nexus: We've heard back from the Traveler, apparently the Nexus was hit with a tricky virus, but he anticipates the forum will be back up sometime this weekend.  :laugh:

:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8997028 -

Twenty minutes ago (7:25 am local time) I soaked a 4mm x 4mm piece of paper towel in my supply of jungle juice with a forcep, and placed it sublingually on a completely empty stomach.  I have absolutely no idea what this dosage would be, but I would describe it as tiny for an oral dose, but efficatious for smoking.

No meaningful burn, but intense plastic taste!  I was able to avoid the need to swallow saliva for 6 minutes.  Swallowing greatly incresed the plastic taste and plastic breath.  At T +20 minutes I chewed and swallowed the square of paper towel.

It is now 25 minutes, and no apparent effect whatsoever.  I plan on ordering some traditional aya material, and will try this again some day with a mild MAOI.

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8999435 -

Are you referring to ayahuasca when you say "jungle juice"? Just curious..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: ayahuasquero]
    #8999657 -

DMT Nexus got hit by a virus. Should be up again soon. FYI.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: ayahuasquero]
    #9000557 -

ayahuasquero said:
Are you referring to ayahuasca when you say "jungle juice"? Just curious..



no, read entropymancers post on the nexus when it gets back up, its very informative
(its the link in his sig)


--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hint at sublingual DMT activity [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #9014793 -

Just checked.  DMT Nexus is back up and running.

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DMT
( 1 2 all )
Jenherself 8,683 27 08/27/17 11:18 AM
by Blabble40
* Is Syrian Rue orally active MAOI..?? egodeathflux 494 6 03/03/18 01:06 PM
by egodeathflux
* DMT freebase to DMT fumarate; Another pictorial how-to by Nature Boy
( 1 2 3 all )
Nature Boy 24,725 58 01/13/15 07:48 PM
by glimpee
* Potentiating your LSD, Mushroom, or DMT experience with smoked MAOI lonebuddha 16,218 4 08/31/10 12:32 AM
by Eternity
* IV DMT Revisited
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
chinacat72 46,267 146 07/04/19 11:47 AM
by Shenmue
* DMT Fumarate transdermal application /w DMSO? tektonic 2,473 6 08/15/09 12:59 PM
by oxalic32
* Legality of DMT. whatever123 3,823 12 04/27/05 07:07 PM
by Annapurna1
* DMT? what does it do and where is it found? Muppetz 2,511 12 09/10/05 05:08 PM
by gnrm23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
11,664 topic views. 0 members, 51 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.