Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Firefox 3
    #8533651 -

Firefox 3

anyone been using this during the test period?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Scratcher]
    #8533663 -

I have been.  I like some of the new features, especially being able to close firefox and save my tabs.


--------------------
Back and out of the Army!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Scratcher]
    #8533684 -

Scratcher said:
Firefox 3

anyone been using this during the test period?



Good stuff so far. Doesn't seem heavier either.


--------------------
If y0u want s0meting gr0wn right, y0u g0tta gr0w it y0urself!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Neobean]
    #8533764 -

i like most of the changes, the browser seems more streamlined. i've been reading that it might be a good idea to hold off on installing it for security reasons but i'm not really worried about that. One thing that i dont like is that a couple of my extensions aren't compatible until they release a new version: torrent finder toolbar and mediaplayerconnectivity No big deal, i'm sure they'll be updated in the next few days.


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Scratcher]
    #8534605 -

It's :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Tangerines]
    #8534624 -

I'm not liking the new address bar.
I type an "S", SHROOM pops up huge as hell.
And same with other letters and porn sites.
not cool.


--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: King Koopa]
    #8534683 -

Type "about:robots" in  the  toolbar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Tangerines]
    #8534699 -

:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Gandhi]
    #8534767 -

Gandhi said:
i like most of the changes, the browser seems more streamlined. i've been reading that it might be a good idea to hold off on installing it for security reasons but i'm not really worried about that. One thing that i dont like is that a couple of my extensions aren't compatible until they release a new version: torrent finder toolbar and mediaplayerconnectivity No big deal, i'm sure they'll be updated in the next few days.




You can force override them to make them compatible.  At least you could with the release candidates.

Also, make sure to install noscript and the security should be fine.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8534805 -

awww firefox the program passed down from god himself. Firefox rocks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Sage.Phish]
    #8534849 -

I'm diggin' it...


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #8920574 -

So, I just started using Firefox 3 (even though I was on the 'dl on release day' list) and its fucking :awesome:  It just melds so well with all the add-ons.

I have spellbound, define, and foxy tunes.  Spellbound and define make Firefox just as good as Microsoft word for making me look like I know what I'm doing when my fingers hit the keyboard.  Foxy tunes is just as amazing as always it just amazes me how intuitive it is.  I was listening to iTunes and clicked the info button and found a link to a Pandora station of what I was listening to, I just about busted a nut.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Idiot]
    #8920610 -

chrome is way faster than FF and IE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Atheist]
    #8920643 -

Atheist said:
chrome is way faster than FF and IE



http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-steps-to-regain-your-privacy-in-google-chrome/

Quote:
As I have mentioned in my previous article about Chrome, every installation of Chrome receives a unique ID number, which is submitted to Google, for example when the browser is updated or when the program crashes. In order to present personalized suggestions while the user is typing into the Omnibox, Google relies on an outside database. To feed the database and make these personalized suggestions possible, all entries are logged in combination with the user’s IP address.

Although Google claims that the ID and logs from the Omnibox are stored anonymously and are not being used to create user profiles that may reveal browsing habits and personal interests, doubts remain. As a matter of fact, users do not have any control over what the gathered information is really being used for. Trust is good, control is better.



I'd gladly take slower page loads.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firefox 3 [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8920793 -

Quote:
I'm not liking the new address bar.
I type an "S", SHROOM pops up huge as hell.
And same with other letters and porn sites.
not cool.



That can be disabled..  I found it way irritating myself, so I used the Google and found a way to disable it.

Otherwise, it's pretty badass.


--------------------


I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Introducing...the Shroomery forum search engine for Firefox Vvellum 2,075 11 11/18/06 11:00 AM
by Vvellum
* Shroomery forum Firefox extension
( 1 2 3 all )
shobimono 4,557 42 06/14/06 05:44 PM
by drtyfrnk
* FireFox
( 1 2 3 all )
Jared 6,946 55 04/05/04 11:14 PM
by ivi
* Losing faith in Firefox
( 1 2 3 all )
Thin White Duke 6,449 54 06/14/05 12:05 AM
by Vvellum
* Firefox or Chrome?
( 1 2 all )
13.step 3,367 34 01/30/11 07:16 AM
by 13.step
* F*CK FIREFOX! Bi0TeK 1,811 19 06/23/05 11:45 PM
by Boomstick
* Cool Firefox Extensionz ShroomismM 473 6 11/27/09 06:47 PM
by Shroomism
* Firefox?
( 1 2 all )
Shroom_Herder 3,838 28 01/19/05 07:03 PM
by Phychotron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
762 topic views. 4 members, 27 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.