Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
republicans=anti-progress
    #889361 - 09/17/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Is it just me or do republicans seem like they have a stick up their ass. they seem like they were beaten as a child. they fear the unknown and the fear progress and change.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: republicans=anti-progress [Re: 1stimer]
    #889414 - 09/17/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

This is not even an attempt at reasonable discussion. This is hurling insults and comments about questionable parenting.

Why did you even post this? Crawl back under your bridge! No one here is falling for your bait!

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineMortMtroN
journeyman
Re: republicans=anti-progress [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #889541 - 09/17/02 07:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

what is the difference between republicans and democrats.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: republicans=anti-progress [Re: MortMtroN]
    #889783 - 09/17/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Think of the country as a car heading over a cliff, with the politician as the driver.

The Democrat heads straight for the abyss with the accelerator pressed to the floor. The Republican heads stright for the abyss at the speed limit.

pinky

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: republicans=anti-progress [Re: Phred]
    #890737 - 09/18/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dumbocrats are for the status quo also. the whole 2 party system is a cancer to democracy and free thought. I think that anyone that associates themselves with a party feels naked in their own philosophy and needs to associate with someone elses to feel like some sort of a club. We should all be content with our own ideology and not have to define it as something.

out of the democrats and republicans i see the republicans as the most fascist. Republicans hate gays, hate abortion but are pro gun go figure. everyone says that republicans are for small government but they aren't. they build up government institutions that benefit the security of the government while desecrating institutions that benefit the public. so in that sense republicans are for HUGE government. they are for sensoring lyrics in songs, sensoring tv, imposing religion (christianity) on the masses. They say they are for states rights but look at the medical marijuana laws. the republicans dont support states rights there. They are for deregulating big business all the while consumers and stock holders get screwed.

Democrats just let it happen. democrats dont really think for themselves. they just look at what the republicans are doing and say they will do the opposite just to be different, which isn't a bad idea. democrats are for huge government spending.

democrats dont seem to be as full of hate as republicans however. republicans are imperialistic and hate the world.

I used to be a hard core republican. I was raised that way. my favorite president was reagan. i talk from experience. not just mine but from conversing with fellow republicans. you cant tell me i dont know what i am talking about. i hit the nail right on the head. sorry.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #891069 - 09/18/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you cant tell me i dont know what i am talking about. i hit the nail right on the head. sorry.

Ummm... in case you didn't catch the point of my "heading for disaster"analogy, I agree with you 100%. Both parties suck. Hugely. Both routinely ignore the Constitution they are sworn to uphold. Both parties want control over every aspect of your life. If I were an American, I would never vote for either party.

Ever.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: republicans=anti-progress [Re: Phred]
    #891258 - 09/18/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Someone once said something along the lines of, 'the right is too stupid to realize when a problem needs a brand new solution, and the left is too stupid to realize when a problem needs the same old solution'.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #891278 - 09/18/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

...and 1sttimer, your post seems laden with silly meaningless rhetoric and ignorant stereotypes.

I mean, look at this, this hardly even makes sense "Democrats just let it happen. democrats dont really think for themselves. they just look at what the republicans are doing and say they will do the opposite just to be different, which isn't a bad idea."

The problem with both parties boils down to this: there's no more idealists. They're run like corporations, but instead of trying to earn money, they're earning votes... and money.

It sure can be said you don't really know what you're talking about. Everyone thinks they're "hitting the nail on the head". Politics aren't about good and evil. Life isn't like a Disney cartoon where the evil folks live in dark castles and try to destroy the friendly townfolk. Everyone thinks... no, they KNOW they're the good ones. Everyone is positive they're working to rid the world of the pain and stupidity, and that their way is the best way. The republicans KNOW that they're doing this. So do the Democrats. So does Al Qaeda. To have any understanding of politics, you have to understand this.

Oh, and one more thing, Democrats are more about censoring lyrics and movies than republicans. Just look at Tipper Gore. Also, it was Janet Reno (a democrat, remember?) that overruled the medical marijuana ruling in California.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order