Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: snapperhead]
    #8878504 -

Azures contain up to 1.78% psilocybin, .38% psilocin, and .35 baeocystin.

Libs contain .2%-2.37% psilocybin, and .21 baeocystin.

Cyans contain up to .30%-1.69% psilocybin, .28%-.51% psilocin, and .02%-.03% baeocystin.

Weilii contain up to .61% psilocybin, .27% psilocin, .05% baeocystin, and .32% tryptophan.

With weilii there was only one test done on one collection so its not as accurate as the other two, hopefully more work will be done with this species, i would love to see how potent some of them can be. Also weilii contain tryptophan and that is the only species in the book i have that contains it, i wonder what the effects of it are on the human brain/body when having an experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: snapperhead]
    #8878550 -

My book is correct its all the work done by Gaston guzman, Paul stamets, gartz, reid, smith, and eicker as well as a few other mycologist that specialize in the genus psilocybe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8878846 -



--------------------
One step at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Echo7]
    #8878857 -

he knows that i think he said libs are more potent than cyans


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #8878913 -

ehtdaedlufetarg said:
he knows that i think he said libs are more potent than cyans



He did say that libs are more potent than cyans.  I've had libs once and cyans many times, and from that experience plus almost everything I've read (except what he just posted) they are significantly more potent.

I realize I probably seem intensely argumentative here, but really I'm just trying to sort this out.  If he's right then he's right, but I've never heard of semis outdoing woodlovers before.


--------------------
One step at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Echo7]
    #8879052 -

Im just stating what some of the best mycologists in the world have said;)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Echo7]
    #8879068 -

EchoEclipse71 said:
There's a lot of data to suggest what you say is wrong.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info9.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml


I like guzman, paul stamets info...guzman is the best in the world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8880307 -

weiliiiiiii said:
Azures and libs are waaaay more potent than cyans, i have the charts in a book.



Lol. Cyans are by far the most potent psychoactive mushroom in the PNW. 1.5g dried = level 5 trip

This means like one or two caps wet, depending on substrate and size of mushroom.

And I can't freaking wait for the season, either. I've found a few lookalikes already but they didnt check out.

Also, whens the right time to look in and around woodchips? I thought cyans are first spotted in like grass at the beginning of their season, then they find their way into wood mulch?

I've tripped off cyans before, and cubensis. IMO, cyans are even more potent than cubes. I heard with libs you need to pick quite a bit more. Same with stunzii and azures..


--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Edited by tyler_0_durden (09/05/08 12:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8880325 -

sad


--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain
       



     
Hotter than the left sink handle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: uriahchase]
    #8880548 -

i dunno about having to eat alot of azures to trip. i ate about 2 grams of those things and had a level 3-4 trip:eek::eek:. most potent hallucinogenic mushroom in the world.:mushroom2::mushroom2:


--------------------
I'd rather be a human than a person

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: notorius gib]
    #8880554 -

I'll be up in the PNW the middle of October through the end.  :smile:  I might stay up there depending on if I can find a place to rent or a place to stay while looking.  I've got money saved up to move out of this place...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8880660 -

weiliiiiiii said:
Azures contain up to 1.78% psilocybin, .38% psilocin, and .35 baeocystin.

Libs contain .2%-2.37% psilocybin, and .21 baeocystin.

Cyans contain up to .30%-1.69% psilocybin, .28%-.51% psilocin, and .02%-.03% baeocystin.

Weilii contain up to .61% psilocybin, .27% psilocin, .05% baeocystin, and .32% tryptophan.

With weilii there was only one test done on one collection so its not as accurate as the other two, hopefully more work will be done with this species, i would love to see how potent some of them can be. Also weilii contain tryptophan and that is the only species in the book i have that contains it, i wonder what the effects of it are on the human brain/body when having an experience.



Guzman rocks but you have to read the statistics carefully.  Libs are pretty small and the percentage may vary with specimens/populations.  As someone pointed out, you have to pick a lot more libs than Azures to get to the same place.  If it comes down to my gun is bigger than your gun, the PNW knocks Georgia's dick in the dirt.  Way more many actives species and far more mushrooms.  I suppose that upsets some people who have some kind of pride in their region, but really, does it matter?  Coming from an area that has very few actives I appreciate every mushroom I find, even the small non-active ones.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8881262 -

Senor_Hongos said:
weiliiiiiii said:
Azures contain up to 1.78% psilocybin, .38% psilocin, and .35 baeocystin.

Libs contain .2%-2.37% psilocybin, and .21 baeocystin.

Cyans contain up to .30%-1.69% psilocybin, .28%-.51% psilocin, and .02%-.03% baeocystin.

Weilii contain up to .61% psilocybin, .27% psilocin, .05% baeocystin, and .32% tryptophan.

With weilii there was only one test done on one collection so its not as accurate as the other two, hopefully more work will be done with this species, i would love to see how potent some of them can be. Also weilii contain tryptophan and that is the only species in the book i have that contains it, i wonder what the effects of it are on the human brain/body when having an experience.



Guzman rocks but you have to read the statistics carefully.  Libs are pretty small and the percentage may vary with specimens/populations.  As someone pointed out, you have to pick a lot more libs than Azures to get to the same place.  If it comes down to my gun is bigger than your gun, the PNW knocks Georgia's dick in the dirt.  Way more many actives species and far more mushrooms.  I suppose that upsets some people who have some kind of pride in their region, but really, does it matter?  Coming from an area that has very few actives I appreciate every mushroom I find, even the small non-active ones.



I never said GEORGIA PRIDE cuz i know PNW has way more potent species than GA so to assume i said that is lame:smirk:

But what you said senor goes both ways, all wild mushrooms vary in potency due to exposure to the elements. One patch could send you into space another patch might not.

Being that libs are small doesnt matter, a gram is a gram doesnt matter how many mushrooms it takes to make it a gram only if it weighs correctly.

But still Libs have a higher average percentage of psilocybin.

...And yes senor i love all mushrooms i would have figured you would have known this about me by now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8881280 -

weiliiiiiii said:
Im just stating what some of the best mycologists in the world have said;)



yes i believe that info is corect aswell. Azures are insanley potent when fresh. I am not sayin cyans are weak by anymeans they are very strong aswell

Edited by fliped (09/05/08 09:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8881329 -

:lol:

Woah, big fella.  When I said "if" it comes down to Georgia pride and I wasn't meaning you.  You know why. :wink:  I also know you revere all mushrooms.  My comment about myself was referring to something you and I have in common.  I was just giving my reasons for it.

The rest of it is obvious to anyone that knows mushrooms.  Yes, libs, on average, have more bang for the buck.  You just have to pick more of them and they grow singly.  Sometimes a only a single specimen is found.  Azures grow cespitose to gregarious, so finding them usually means finding more.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8881477 -

Hell yes, I can't wait for this season. Hopefully it's a good one. Pray to the mushroom god's! :mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::slomo:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: PsilocybinMind]
    #8881529 -

Has anyone else  in the NW oregon area noticed the significant temp drop in the past like week or two. i dont ever remember it being quite this dramatic.(imagination??)  plus more mushies seem to pop up every day! not very wet yet though so i always go out at 8 am after the dew has fallen overnight and some sprinklers are on.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Echo7]
    #8882020 -

I'm new here on the boards, but I'm from the PNW myself. I live close by to a 3000-acre logging area that has plenty of alders everywhere. I've never gone cyan hunting and I'm excited to go check out the logging area. Hopefully my first season hunting these mushrooms is a good one.

Also is there anything else that would be worth remembering to look for when I'm out in an environment like that?


--------------------
The truth is always hidden in plain sight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: Chronick]
    #8882183 -

i felt the temp drop. it was overnight too. i woke up and went outside and it was definately not that summer warmth i was feeling two or three weeks ago. that fall cold used to remind  me of school when i was younger. so i hated fall naturally. but since i've become interested in mushrooms, i welcome the fall cold. it gives me butterflies in my tummy:grin:
oh and by the way has anyone found baeos in the portland area?? i've heard rumors some people say they're poppin and others say you gotta be closer to the coast.  no matter what i'll be huntin like a madman this season.


--------------------
I'd rather be a human than a person

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW Cyan season right around the corner! [Re: notorius gib]
    #8882239 -

when you're talking dry weight i was always under the impression that Azures were king.

I've only tried Libs and Cubes, and Liberty caps ALWAYS blow the cubes away, they're like double the strength.


--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cyan season over maybe? krashnburnzzzz 2,592 10 01/19/04 02:40 PM
by fungulus
* pnw cyans!!
( 1 2 all )
Psilygirl 3,250 22 09/30/04 12:04 AM
by Delirium_in_BC
* PNW Cyan hunters how ya doin? Roger_Barrett 1,752 4 12/29/02 03:20 AM
by cardboard
* Is Cyan Season Over? OJ 1,895 9 11/26/01 12:09 PM
by Datrutankdogg69
* A Question for PNW Cyan/Azure hunters Floyd_ 1,202 3 10/27/05 11:13 AM
by Floyd_
* how long to mushroom season? OJ 2,766 3 08/31/01 01:18 PM
by Levi7
* Fall 2005 PNW finds
( 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 )
Gumby 51,645 456 01/16/06 03:23 PM
by shroomydan
* Greetz to the PNW crew! New Season upon us! Roger_Barrett 2,110 5 10/12/03 08:10 PM
by azurescen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
44,441 topic views. 1 members, 12 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.