Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
Anyone been to Amsterdam?
    #875915 - 09/11/02 12:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My friend and I are making our first pilgramage to Amsterdam in February and could use some knowledge from the members here.

I would like to get some info from personal experiences about where to go and anything else that would be cool to do.

Thanks in advance. :cool: 

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: Terrarium_Guy]
    #875934 - 09/11/02 12:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hello! i went to amsterdam a month ago. try not to stay less than 3 days!
PM me for any info you want:-)
you MUST buy copelandia mushrooms and of course visit some coffeeshops like "bulldog" and others. if you'll PM me or icq me at 3293220 i can give you any information you might want
cu

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #876193 - 09/11/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Visit Rusland. It's across the street from the Radisson SAS. It was the first registered coffee shop in Amsterdam, and it has a nice, laid-back vibe. The weed selection is good, and the fresh squeezed orange juice is even better! If you're in a wierd mood, you might want to check out Casa Rosso for a live sex show, and if not, it's still interesting to walk down the street for a little "window" shopping amongst the red lights.

About every fifteen steps in the red light district, you will be harrassed by an African or a Jamaican who is going to whisper "cocaine" or "ecstasy" to you. Ignore them. These drugs are not tolerated in the Netherlands and more times than not, it's weak or bunk. In other words, stick to what you can get over the counter.

When you're ready to score shrooms, find a shop labeled as a "smart shop." They will usually have a variety of psilocybin containing products. Go with the cyans or the cubes. I was able to buy them both fresh and dry.

The Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum are not to be missed as well. While you're in the area, check out Vondel park, too. I visited the Van Gogh museum tripping and even though it was a bit crowded and confusing at first, it was nice to be able to look at Vincent's paintings in person under the influence.

Have fun and dress warm. It was cold as hell in May and it will only be that much colder in Feb.

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisible905
Stranger

Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #877083 - 09/11/02 06:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Can you easily get LSD in amsterdam?

Offlinegenaro_iacsi
Stranger
    #877154 - 09/11/02 07:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was there also, but it wasn't so cool as I expected. Take care.. :smile:

Offlinef8L
Triumph

#878577 - 09/11/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I just got back from spending 8 weeks in Utrecht, about 30 minutes from Amsterdam... Some of my friend shroomed and went to the Rijks museum and had a great time... Me and 15 friends shroomed at Vandel park- great experience...

If you are looking to do other things, I HIGHLY recommend going to the Heineken bruery-- $7 bucks gets you 3 drinks and a self-guided tour around the place, awesome!

You'll find tons of coffeeshops, just depends what you are into... Be prepared to roll your own joints, I wouldn't advise buying pre-rolled as they are filled to the brim with tobacco.

Other things to do: go to The Grasshopper-- great HipHop / American type club in the heart of downtown Amsterdam (near the Red Light district)..

I didn't have much of a problem with people coming up to me offering coke/ecstasy, but DO not buy from these people... They will either sell you total crap or take you into an alley and mug you.

It's a very chill country, you should travel outside Amsterdam if possible. Its a fuckin blast!

InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
    #878970 - 09/11/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys. :cool: Keep those great stories coming! 

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: 905]
    #879507 - 09/12/02 01:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Can you easily get LSD in amsterdam?

Only on the street and the street dealers are notorious. If they ask you to "meet me in the alley" expect to get kicked into unconsciousness and your money and clothes removed from your body.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
    #881194 - 09/12/02 11:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

this tread by wiccan seeker is a must read if you're goin' to the netherlands:

click here

have fun!

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#881208 - 09/12/02 11:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was there a year or two ago with my parents :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Invisible905
Stranger

Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: T0aD]
    #881226 - 09/12/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Did you ditch your parents and party?

Edited by 905 (09/13/02 12:00 AM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #881245 - 09/12/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Did you ditch you parents and party?

LMAO, Toad was probably 11 or 12 back then... hahahaha

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #881298 - 09/13/02 12:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

exactly :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
    #882090 - 09/13/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ugh.
Don't go to the Bulldog. It's really no fun.

They have all the decor and atmosphere of a McDonald's. There are much better shops.
If you find a travel book marketed towards students then they'll have reviews of dozens of the shops. At least my book had that.

I liked it at the Rookie's and Abraxas and Global Chillage and there were a couple other good ones out of the way I don't remember as well... Spend lots of time your first few days walking around, take the tram to the other end and walk back, things like that, it's a good time.

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

Offlinepaddo
Oh shit i realydid it this time
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #883422 - 09/14/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Imo Dutchflower, 2e kamer and Home grown fantasees, are the best cofeeshops here in Amsterdam, i am a regular in DutchFlowers...so maby ill see you there? :wink:

as for smartshops, there isnt realy a bad or a good one all sell the same good quality shroomy's (fresh!)..

Paddo 

Offlinedsunn
The 107thsmurf(the blacksmurf)
Loc: new york
Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: paddo]
    #885298 - 09/16/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

a place called rembrandt----find this shop and you will find the place with the shrooms in honey----figure out a wy to ship these as they will come in handy. also the shop next to rembrandt, not exactly labeled a "smart shop" but they will have golden teachers which are not as common as EQ's and Thai. if you like hary potter, you may like to try the philosophers stones which are also known as the sorcerors stone etc. Truth is---if you trip first or second day you arrive there--you may need to either take a break for a day or two to rebuild a tolerance or double dose and get as far out as you ever have been-=---------buy some colored sunglasses and zone out--have fun i was there febuary of 2001--it was rainy but all the more reasons to buy the swim goggles that people wear as sunglasses. enjoy

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #906920 - 09/25/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was in Amsterdam for a week last September (BEFORE the 9/11 episode) and it was great. All the books, tour guides, tips etc. are nice but the way to really do it is on your own hoofing it. I would NOT rent a bike or a car -- Europeans flat out are non-driving bastards.

Walk all around the Red Light District -- may take you a day or 2 and stop and see what interests you.

I thought that 99% of the hookers were mediocre at best. Some were really fat, some were men dressed up as chicks. I did hook up with a hooker and it was really lame. I was better off jacking off.

The "live sex shows" are a disappointment. The "actors" have a demeanor as though they were tired dish washers at a shitty restaurant. They just did their busines for 15 minutes and then got off the stage. You never hear them make a sound or come at all. It may be worth seeing it once but then you realize it is not so great.

All of the bars/coffeshops in A-dam play shitty ass music )techno, disco, hip-hop) EXCEPT for this place called I think "Rock Planet" -- kinda a mixture between Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe. They play metal music and videos. I stayed in there most of the time.

The only drugs you can buy legally are weed, hash, shrooms, and some lame shit you see being sold as "legal" in High Times magazine. There is an excellent "smart shop" (shroom store) right next to Rock Planet and it is fabulous. People on the street will offer coke or Ecstacy but it is NEVER a good idea to do business with them. They are only out to rip you off. I never dealt with them except for when I told them to "fuck off" so they would stop pestering me. If you look/act/yell like a mean bastard they won't fuck with you.

Hope this helps. A-dam kicks ass!!!!

Invisiblejjojoba
x
Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #908162 - 09/25/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> The only drugs you can buy legally are weed, hash, shrooms, and some lame
> shit you see being sold as "legal" in High Times magazine. There is an
> excellent "smart shop" (shroom store) right next to Rock Planet and it is
> fabulous. People on the street will offer coke or Ecstacy but it is NEVER a good
> idea to do business with them. They are only out to rip you off. I never dealt with > them except for when I told them to "fuck off" so they would stop pestering me. > If you look/act/yell like a mean bastard they won't fuck with you.

Exactly.

I was persistent about getting ecstacy and on two different trips made about a dozen purchases there. I had a 50% ripoff rate with those thugs. With what I've learned, I think I could get it down to 20 or 30%. Even the dealers that are willing to risk carrying real drugs will work unbelievably hard to swindle you. A legitimate transaction often requires you heading off into an unpopulated alley to avoid being seen by the local police. Very, very risky and a completely different experience than buying legal drugs from the shops.

The mushrooms were easy to find, cheap, and plenty potent. Go to any of the larger smart shops. Some places sell nameless generic "magic mushroom" powder, and its probably going to be a good trip. Other shops will have specific strains, so that conceivablyyou could fine-tune your experience.

Don't buy the crummy crap like Canne, Herbal X-tacy, ephedra, etc. There will be some description promising things like "ecstacy-like euphoria", "hallucinogenic", "heightened sensitivy", "intense sexuality". Blah! Unless you've got money to waste or are willing to have some Pulp Fiction-style episodes with dealers, stick to the Amsterdam tried and true. Get pot. Get mushrooms. Get laid.

-E

OfflineArisEve
My Chronic

Loc: Use a GPS if ya wanna kno...
Re: Anyone been to Amsterdam? [Re: Xlea321]
    #908446 - 09/25/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've been in the Marine core for 4 years and I'm a 5th degree black belt in the marine core martial arts... I'd like to see any afro american even look at me the wrong way... I'll break his hip and dislocate every joint in his body before he has a chance to say I'm sorry.  :laugh:

--------------------
Simple pleasures in life are only to momentarily distract you from the obviousness of lifes reality...

-ArisEve

Invisiblejjojoba
x
    #908597 - 09/25/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No. Illegal drugs generally available are coke, speed, and ecstacy. Other stuff is harder to find. Also, you can ask an Amsterdam dealer, "do you have acid?" and he is 95% sure going to say he has it or can get it for you, even if he doesn't know what it is. He'll take you on a goose chase looking for some buddy in his network that might have it, all the while trying to pitch you on something else in the inventory.

The sad thing is that this is probably the only way you might score the stuff. Like maybe there is one dealer in twenty that has access to LSD. Lacking any inside knowledge, you'd need to fuck around forever with the other guys until you found Man #20.

-E

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates