Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6451342 - 01/12/07 08:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

That has to be a typo. $3.25 for 2.5kg of fresh cubes? Doesn't sound possible.

I've been taught to dot every thousandfold to make big numbers accessible.

Therefore $3.250 is three thousand and two hundred and fifty dollars.
Really, the extra zero ought to've told you that.

What's more accessible:

or
?

I'm sticking to the european notation of $3.333,33 because you americans are silly in many other ways with your pounds, ounces, yards pints and other things that have no basis in reality whatsoever.

America: adopt the SI System or die.

0'C = freezing point of water
100'C = boiling point of water
Lifting one kilo for a full one meter at sealevel expends 10 joules.
A pendulum on a rope of one meter makes a full swing in exactly one second.

That's a bit more logical than taking someone's foot as the measure of how big things are.
And its aluminium not aluminum dammit :hissyfit:

:grin:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: Asante]
    #6454009 - 01/13/07 12:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sticky Water: He has alot of crazy experiments he does. He is a cool guy to know, lots of knowlege i get is passed on from him.

He recently asked me to make him a screen name on the shroomery so he can defend himself personaly and maybe explain it better.

The book we usued to do THC isomerisation is called:

Marijuana Chemestry
by: Michael Starks

It gives every kind of extraction possibilites and synthesis too!

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: Asante]
    #6455038 - 01/13/07 11:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

What's more accessible:

or
?

I'm sticking to the european notation of $3.333,33 because you americans are silly in many other ways with your pounds, ounces, yards pints and other things that have no basis in reality whatsoever.

America: adopt the SI System or die.

0'C = freezing point of water
100'C = boiling point of water
Lifting one kilo for a full one meter at sealevel expends 10 joules.
A pendulum on a rope of one meter makes a full swing in exactly one second.

That's a bit more logical than taking someone's foot as the measure of how big things are.
And its aluminium not aluminum dammit :hissyfit:

:grin:

:congrats:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineFloop
Stranger
Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6455409 - 01/13/07 02:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Hash Oil since the 1970s has been Lijst 1 (Schedule 1) in Holland, but hash and weed are OK.

Quote:

I didn't know they can sell shrooms in amsterdam, is that true, or DID they used to?

Yup you can buy mushrooms in Amsterdam, either as a growkit or fresh mushrooms, but not dried ones.

I'd like to elaborate on this. You CAN buy dried shrooms in many Dutch smartshops. You just have to ask for them, if they don't have them go to the next shop. I've only used dried shrooms since the ban.

Quote:

Floop said:
It's also illegal to sell weed/hash brownies and cakes.
There are a few hundred people in Amsterdam a year who get overwhelmed by the effects, and call an ambulance:)
I geuss the hash oil is illegal for the same reasons.

This is not true. You can still buy hash brownies, cakes, tea, even milkshakes in some coffeeshops.
It is true that some people get overwhelmed by the effects, mostly tourists.

dried shrooms and hash brownies are in fact illegal. However, that doesnt stop certain coffeeshops and smartshops from selling them. Its not strictly enforced

--------------------
"The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is impenatrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties - this knowledge, this feeling ... that is the core of the true religious sent iment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself amoung profoundly religious men."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineNalim
aka. Nast
Trans-female User Gallery

#6455458 - 01/13/07 02:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Have been wanting to post that for some time!

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: Nalim]
    #6455690 - 01/13/07 03:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I do believe that any mushroom or marijuana that is "extracted" or "processed" to increase potency while decreasing mass, is illegal in Holland... And dried mushrooms just had received the axe a year or two ago.

I'm assuming that's why hash oil was deemed illegal in the 70's... imagine a zombie nation, that's what it would be if it were legal :P

anyways, .02

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: liamtheloser]
    #6455963 - 01/13/07 05:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liamtheloser:
I do believe that any mushroom or marijuana that is "extracted" or "processed" to increase potency while decreasing mass, is illegal in Holland...

Hash is a processed to increase potency while decreasing mass.

Is hash illegal???????

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: liamtheloser]
    #6456247 - 01/13/07 07:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liamtheloser said:
I'm assuming that's why hash oil was deemed illegal in the 70's... imagine a zombie nation, that's what it would be if it were legal :P

You're joking, right?

Nations where drugs are legalized have the most responsible habits regarding them.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6456303 - 01/13/07 07:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Let me ask you this? How often do you hear of people getting stabbed in Cafe's or getting into fights, or driving home to high and causing accidents. When you now compar this to bars that serve alcohol. I think that the word Bar fight has it's own meaning in Holywood thees days.

Whoos ever heard of a cafe fight?

Yet we put on hard alcohol TV commercials in the USA(ever since George W Bush)

And then Anti-marijuana commercials, funded by the alcohol/beer/tobacco corps might i add.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6456327 - 01/13/07 07:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Explosive Mango:
You're joking, right?

Nations where drugs are legalized have the most responsible habits regarding them.

OK most responsible habits regarding them maybe... What about all the people that die over drug related violence. People killing each other of a couple hundred dollars worth of weed. People can't report thefts with illegal substances, they just get jailed themselves for trying to buy them. SO in turn the retaliate with more violence.

Why can't we just go down to our local cafe and buy a gram of hash and go home. Instead we get jacked, pissed off, and then want to kick some ass, or kill determining the amount of money or situation.

All the money we save from the marijuana imprisonments could go towards better rehabilitation clinics for those who just can't moderate with their habits.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6456336 - 01/13/07 07:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

BTW marijuana doesn't kill. Marijuana Habits don't kill.

It's the prohabition of marijuana that kills

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6457580 - 01/14/07 06:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

From what i just read. 100% pure THC extracts CAN BE LETHAL!!

Quote:

Wikipedia:

According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, THC has a LD50 value of 1270 mg/kg (male rats) and 730 mg/kg (female rats) administered orally dissolved in sesame oil.[2]

If this were scaled up to an adult human, the lethal dose would be between approximately 50 and 86 g for a 68 kg (150 lb) female or male person respectively. This would be equivalent to 1-1.8 kg of cannabis with a 5% THC content (roughly average) taken orally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

So from what this tells me is that if you had a 100% THC extract, (which they cam up with to do this study SO IT IS POSSIBLE) then less then 2 ounces of 100%THC extract could be mixed into a milkshake and it would kill a female the weighs 150lbs or less. At least this is what the "rat" studies say.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinefunkyjunky
Sigh Low Sippin'
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: brick city
hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6457992 - 01/14/07 11:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Toxicity
This article or section does not cite its references or sources.
Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations. (help, get involved!)
This article has been tagged since September 2006.

According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, THC has a LD50 value of 1270 mg/kg (male rats) and 730 mg/kg (female rats) administered orally dissolved in sesame oil.[2]
If this were scaled up to an adult human, the lethal dose would be between approximately 50 and 86 g for a 68 kg (150 lb) female or male person respectively. This would be equivalent to 1-1.8 kg of cannabis with a 5% THC content (roughly average) taken orally. The LD50 value for rats by inhalation of THC is 42 mg/kg of body weight. It is important to note, however, that toxicity studies in animal models do not necessarily correlate to human toxicity.

>>So from what this tells me is that if you had a 100% THC extract, (which they cam up with to do this study SO IT IS POSSIBLE)

Quote:

There has never been a documented fatality from marijuana or THC overdose. Absorption is limited by serum lipids which can become saturated with THC, thus the inherent solubility may mitigate toxicity.

Studies of the distribution of the cannabinoid receptors in the brain explain why THC's toxicity is so low (i.e., the LD50 of the compound is so large): parts of the brain that control vital functions such as respiration do not have many receptors, so they are relatively unaffected even by doses larger than could ever be ingested under any normal conditions.

See also: Health issues and the effects of cannabis

possible, however, unlikely

I think me and your friend should collaborate  :voila:
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

*Wow, didn't see how long this thread had gotten, see first page for joke reference.

>>>He recently asked me to make him a screen name on the shroomery so he can defend himself personally and maybe explain it better.

Do it!!  Plenty of people here are interested in  :bigweed: (no hash Smileys?)

The only way of getting truly 100% THC is with a full laboratory setup.  Either through chemical synthesis, or many, many refinement steps, probably requiring chromatography.  However, a dedicated home chemist could certainly achieve >90% THC purity, which, by any subjective test, would be indistinguishable from pure THC.  :cool:

--------------------
Long Live the Shroomery
Peace

Edited by funkyjunky (01/14/07 12:07 PM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: funkyjunky]
    #6458793 - 01/14/07 03:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I will see him today, and tell him you doubt his ability to make 100% THC. This might get him on the shroomery quiker. From what i saw, he pretty much had a full labratory setup, from the glass in his cabinets. The only chemicals needed were

100% ethenol
100% ehter
H2O
2-3 drops Sufuric Acid (maybe hydrochloric i forget) this is for isomerisation.

He is most interested in doing gold extractions from elctrical componants. As well as other odd ball experiments i am sure. Almost everything he does brings a profit one way or another.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6458867 - 01/14/07 04:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Just because nobody has died from THC doesn't mean it's not possible.

I would bet that most people with a death wish, didn't have access to 2 ounces of pure THC extract, especially when the majority of the people out there don't think it can be even created. ON top of that... Can you even imagine how much 2 ounces of PURE THC extract would cost someone to buy or create? Death by THC is not probable given thees circumstances.

This doesn't however mean that it can not be fatal. Then again how much are we and rats alike? They are supposed to be smart little buggers.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #6460852 - 01/15/07 02:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Quote:

liamtheloser:
I do believe that any mushroom or marijuana that is "extracted" or "processed" to increase potency while decreasing mass, is illegal in Holland...

Hash is a processed to increase potency while decreasing mass.

Is hash illegal???????

No hash IS allowed in Holland. Brownies are allowed too. Technically they are not legal as with all marijuana in general. But they are tolerated.
Honey oil and pure THC are truly illegal.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6460882 - 01/15/07 02:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thats what i figured

--------------------
----------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #6460910 - 01/15/07 03:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

What's more accessible:

or

In school here in Canada we learn to write it like
$3,250.00

Then we were told to stop that and write it
$3 250.00

I never did find out which is proper to use here.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You can't sell butane hash oil in Amsterdam...... just too potent [Re: Wysefool]
    #6460983 - 01/15/07 03:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

IN the USA we still write it $3,250.00

--------------------
----------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience