Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
putting the seat down
    #8784895 -

K, so I've been banned from the pub for a day and figured this was the next best forum to gather opinions on this. I've been living with my brother and his wife for the past 6 weeks and the single issue causing us friction has been one so pathetically trivial it's mind blowing --- I cannot, for the life of me, remember to put the seat down. I've been pissing freely for 20 years and have only minded the toilet seat when I need to move it to take a piss. I consider it each persons PERSONAL responsibility to put the seat in the position they need it to be in. I have to observe it and move it take a piss, why can't women do the same? Why do they insist on blindly plopping ass first into the toilet instead of spending the same 2 seconds I spend observing, and correcting if need be. :kingcrankey: This is seriously pissing me off - I know I'm going to make a bit more of an effort to change my ways but the fact that someone is getting so upset (she sounded pretty close to yelling, which I almost find amusing considering how trivial the matter really is) over something like this. To make matters worse, she is emotionally unstable and prone to bitter, spiteful anger. I don't know exactly what all the medications she takes are for but I'm sure plenty of them are mood stabilizers and other bullshit like that. :shrug: Thoughts? Experiences?

---I realize I'm in their home, and that I should do my best to respect that, but at the same time, this is the oldest habit I have ever known, and it is proving pretty fucking difficult to remember to put the god damn seat down for her every fucking time!!! :mad2:

Edited by blkjkrabbit (08/17/08 12:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8784920 -

Double standards don't work for me. Does she have many real problems to upset herself over? I'm guessing she doesn't. Maybe you should call attention to that fact and show her pictures of dying babies in third world countries. Put things in perspective, no?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: Cameron]
    #8784927 -

Cameron said:
Double standards don't work for me. Does she have many real problems to upset herself over? I'm guessing she doesn't. Maybe you should call attention to that fact and show her pictures of dying babies in third world countries. Put things in perspective, no?



dude, i feel like i need to let her know how pathetic and tiny this problem really is - but she has magnified it and ballooned it so massive that it's all she sees when she sees me - an inconvenience - "that asshole who won't put the seat down". i don't care if she's my sister in law - i think she's a dumb bitch that finds comfort in complaining :banghead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8784936 -

Sounds like it. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: Cameron]
    #8784953 -

Cameron said:
Sounds like it. :shrug:



the worst part about it - is that she's really turned my brother into a complete pussy. i can't identify with him on practically anything except that we escaped from the same vagina and were raised in the same fucked up circumstances side by side :shrug:

they play halo and accumulate debt and watch fuckloads of tv and buy shitloads of things they don't need, but hey, that's the american way right :rofl2::confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8784956 -

Oh for fucks sake...it is this toilet seat crap again. I whole heartedly agree with you, the person who is approaching the toilet, should be responsible for positioning the seat to suit their needs.
Some people assume, because I am a woman, that I do partake in this bitch fest of toilet seat fascism. NO NO NO!!!!

Personally I put both the seat and the lid down. then no matter who you are, you have to pick up something.

:hehehe:


--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: figmentfragment]
    #8784973 -

figmentfragment said:
Oh for fucks sake...it is this toilet seat crap again. I whole heartedly agree with you, the person who is approaching the toilet, should be responsible for positioning the seat to suit their needs.
Some people assume, because I am a woman, that I do partake in this bitch fest of toilet seat fascism. NO NO NO!!!!

Personally I put both the seat and the lid down. then no matter who you are, you have to pick up something.

:hehehe:



Fuckin A! Take responsibility for your use of the facilities - i'm not the one who pushed your ass into the water. I'm glad there are some level headed women out there - I remember trying to relate this story to some other people and hella women always chime in about how annoying it is that guys do this or that and don't put the seat down. I'm just thinking wow so uhhh, does this mean I get to bitch at you for leaving the seat down and I get to blame you for peeing all over it? :banghead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8784993 -

It is seriously no big deal to put down the toilet seat.

These women are lying.

:rofl:


--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785007 -

You should have the entire toilet removed one night and leave a sign on the wall reading, "Look before you sit."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: Cameron]
    #8785043 -

Cameron said:
You should have the entire toilet removed one night and leave a sign on the wall reading, "Look before you sit."



:rofl:

word up dude that would be perfect hahaha. they insisted that i learn to sit down to pee. this just seems like a fuckload more effort than i need to do as a guy and she should have the courtesy not to blame me for her bad foresight :banghead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785054 -

Does your brother pee sitting down? :rofl2:

:dominatrix:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: Cameron]
    #8785061 -

Cameron said:
Does your brother pee sitting down? :rofl2:

:dominatrix:



remember that part about her turning him into a pussy?

yeah, total bitch. he does pee sitting down. she fucking owns his ass, we're talkin whipped. i'll be damned if i change my bathroom habits for a woman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785118 -

Quote:
she fucking owns his ass



oh man, I read that as..."she fucks his ass" and I was thinking, that isn't so bad is it???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: then I re-read it. Damn.


--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: figmentfragment]
    #8785152 -

figmentfragment said:
Quote:
she fucking owns his ass



oh man, I read that as..."she fucks his ass" and I was thinking, that isn't so bad is it???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: then I re-read it. Damn.



they're trying to have a kid too which just makes me shudder. i'd pin her at roughly 300 pounds and my brother at around 200. neither of them workout, they spend a large portion of their lives in the seated position....behind electronics of some sort. what a way to "live". shit is fucking tragic :nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785356 -

blkjkrabbit said:
---I realize I'm in their home, and that I should do my best to respect that, but at the same time, this is the oldest habit I have ever known, and it is proving pretty fucking difficult to remember to put the god damn seat down for her every fucking time!!! :mad2:



Its not anymore difficult for you to remember to put it down, than it is for her. However since as you said it, it isnt your house I dont see where you have any room to complain. If you dont like it, move out. Sure, its ridiculous that she cant check for herself, but being that its her house, maybe you should man up, and do the respectful thing.......just put the damn seat down.

Honestly, if someone was living in my house, and causing tension between me and my wife or girlfriend, I wouldnt even give them the chance to bitch. Comply with their wishes, or get the fuck out. :shrug:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785687 -

--I realize I'm in their home, and that I should do my best to respect that, but at the same time, this is the oldest habit I have ever known, and it is proving pretty fucking difficult to remember to put the god damn seat down for her every fucking time!!!

Tape a sign above the toilet that says put seat down. You will remember, they will appreciate and see you making an effort and then the real reason they don't like you can come out.:lol:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: figmentfragment]
    #8785951 -

Personally I put both the seat and the lid down. then no matter who you are, you have to pick up something.

this is the solution your lookin for.  its a win win for the both of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8785975 -

Sorry, last three posts nailed it.

Blewmeanie is right about you being a knob.

Icelander is right about how to fix the problem.

And Norml840 offers a nice augmentation of Icelander's advice. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8786308 -

Putting the toilet seat down is a courtesy that I request of guys I live with. Women never have to change the position of the seat for any reason, and men need it down sometimes as well, so that works out to 3/4 of the time that the seat should be in the down position and thus reasonable to consider it the standard position. Also, you have to touch the seat anyways to put it up, so your hands are already contaminated making it no big deal to put it back down. I on the other hand, would prefer to never touch the seat unless I was cleaning it and thus find it annoying to have to do so. I also really don't llike to see all the pubes and pee that guys splash on the rim and don't wipe up, so putting the seat down hides that as well. There's nothing more horrific than waking up in the middle of the night to pee, stumbling into the washroom in a total daze and falling in because you were too half asleep to think that maybe the seat would be up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: putting the seat down [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8786434 -

Oh grow up

Toilet seats belong in the down position, don't be a knob

But anyone who falls in deserves to fall in


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
( 1 2 all )
xFrockx 2,679 24 06/27/11 05:00 AM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Flying by the Seat of my Pants Frog 1,502 19 01/17/04 01:22 PM
by Frog
* The camels have long since died Squatting_Otter 515 2 02/22/04 09:13 AM
by fireworks_god
* Putting our thoughts into androids
( 1 2 all )
recalcitrant 1,889 24 01/28/03 10:20 PM
by EvilGir
* I was put on this earth to suffer carbonhoots 1,121 8 01/08/02 12:32 PM
by Tannis
* *Putting on battle regalia* Swami 558 7 07/18/03 01:08 PM
by Grav
* New Christian C.D. a friend put out. dimitri211 791 5 02/20/02 04:33 PM
by theLightDivine
* Why are there psycedelic mushrooms.
( 1 2 all )
acoustic 3,063 29 03/13/07 12:37 PM
by JackthaTripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,237 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.