Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
nartional day of prayer
    #873210 - 09/09/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how can there constitutionally be a national day of prayer? Congressional chaplains? swear on the bible? "under god"? I find all of these to be EXTREMELY offensive. I find religion offensive and as an American I have constitutional rights to not be force fed this shit. Those that are stuck in tradition and the past refuse and are afraid to evolve towards a more tolerant and diverse civilization. Some of you might call me a hypocrite. Wrong. I am against government sanctioned religious beliefs. Constitutionally, as individuals, we all have the right to beleive whatever we want but the government does not have the right to support or reinforce beliefs. if people are devout enough in their religion why would they need a government to reinforce their beliefs? I think religious people support national day of prayer, congressional chaplains, swearing on the bible, and under god to influence others to be religious but are afraid to admit their true intentions.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: nartional day of prayer [Re: 1stimer]
    #873240 - 09/09/02 07:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

there can be a day of prayer because it does not address whom the prayer is to be to.

it offends me because the bible says right inside it that you shouldn't swear on it but they do it any way... hipochristians...  :confused:

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #873265 - 09/09/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Congressional chaplains aren't a big deal. Congressmen arent required to listen to the chaplains.

I don't have a problem with government accomodating religion, in fact, I would say it would be a violation of the constitution to treat non-religious accomodatiotions differently from religious ones.

National day of prayer? Who cares, it's not like they're going to make you pray, Though I would like to see Pagan Pride Day become a national holiday.

I'm not sure what other religious holidays are "national holidays" like Christmas, Easter, Yom Kipur,Ramadan, Hanukkah, or Kwanza. If they are then there should be a Pagan National holiday.

Halloween? Is that a national holiday?

"Under God" would be OK, as long as long as nobody was forced into saying it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #873267 - 09/09/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well..... not that im for a national prayer day, i see prayer as a wast of time, but having it as a national holiday would be the same as any other national holiday. you as an american have the right to celebrate or not......there is no law saying you have to celebrate christmas, thanksgiving, or any other national day.....hell, even protest it if you wish, its your right :grin: hell give me a sign, ill join ya if ya wanna protest:

NO MORE PRAYER!  NO MORE PRAYER! NO MORE PRAYER!  :shocked: any way, hope this helped.....   

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #873437 - 09/09/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You can be non-religious and still participate in prayer so I'm not offended by this. But I am offended at everything else like swearing on the Bible and congressional chaplains.

Seperatioin of church and state will never really happen because politicians in Washington have the right to practice religion, just like everyone else. They are only representing their constituents, and since this is democratic country, religious people will have their say.

Jump to top Pages: 1