Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

An interesting ritual...?.....
    #868123 - 09/06/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

This seems a little too....hmmm. Well I let you decide.
Ritual

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: ]
    #868131 - 09/06/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Freak ass monkey people.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #868872 - 09/07/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Damn! Now that is fucked up! :confused: 

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: pimpadelic]
    #868967 - 09/07/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

oh my god these people need help, keep them in your prayers that they may rise above their illusions.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Anonymous

#869012 - 09/07/02 02:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Give me that ol' time Eastern religion, yeah!  So full  of light, so full of love.  :mad:

I'll be sure to remind somebody of this the next time I hear some idiot talk about how great Eastern Mysticism is.  :smirk:

Not Cheered, 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #869333 - 09/07/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

oh my god these people need help, keep them in your prayers that they may rise above their illusions.

Prayer is an illusion as crazy as the Pakistani's hoping their wishes will come true. Your ritual is different, but the underlying premise is just as false.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: Swami]
    #869561 - 09/07/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, how can you say that the underlying premise of prayer is false? I assure you that nothing I say or do can prove that God or prayer exists nor can you disprove it. That is fine if you wont believe without scientific evidence but it also works against you since you too have no scientific evidence to disprove. To be true to your ways as a believer in science, agnosticism would suit you better than atheism.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: chemkid]
    #869613 - 09/07/02 06:26 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

just for clarifying purposes here swami, you must hold some degree of support for this ritual otherwise there would be no reason to attack my optimistic approach to the situation, either that or your stuck so far in disbelief you cant look past the front door of your house without questioning its aspect of reality.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (09/07/02 06:35 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: An interesting ritual...?..... [Re: chemkid]
    #869830 - 09/08/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Prayer as best I understand can be divided into three main types:

1. An expression of gratitude & humility
2. A conversation with a diety
3. A petition for guidance, goods or healing.

Swami, how can you say that the underlying premise of prayer is false?

1. Neither works nor doesn't work, it is a one-sided action.

2. I have not experienced any interaction and many of those that claim to have a direct line frequently do evil acts or claim superiority in God's name.

3. This is the most common interpretation of prayer and there is no evidence of it bringing about any desired result.

No difference between praying and not praying means that the underlying premise is false.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#869854 - 09/08/02 03:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

just for clarifying purposes here swami, you must hold some degree of support for this ritual
They bury children to get God to acquiesce to their wishes, while you do your prayer ritual (get on knees, bow head, fold hands...?) to get God to acquiesce to your wishes.

You see your ritual of prayer to get God to show them how ridiculous their form of prayer is. Do you really see no irony in this? *sigh* Probably not.

otherwise there would be no reason to attack my optimistic approach to the situation,
Optimistic? You are doing the same thing as they are, trying to influence events through some form of mumbo-jumbo.

either that or your stuck so far in disbelief you cant look past the front door of your house without questioning its aspect of reality.
What are you trying to accomplish with this type of statement?

--------------------

Anonymous

#869903 - 09/08/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

*sigh*

Well I had a great reply written up but the computer ate it. Now I am too lzay to repeat it. Maybe later.

Cheers,

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #869960 - 09/08/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

what am i trying to accomplish?

absolutely nothing

Anything that doesnt fit into your paradigm of thinking you refuse to even grant it possible truth, i personally thought the statement was quite straight forward.

Do i see the irony swami, no. I see one form of prayer rooted in fear and another in love.

I think that we should try a prayer chain in this forum, because to tell you the truth i havnt had so many prayers answered in all my life as in the last couple of months.

--------------------

Edited by ViBrAnT (09/08/02 09:41 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#869997 - 09/08/02 09:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

because to tell you the truth i havnt had so many prayers answered in all my life as in the last couple of months.

And what of the people who's prayers are not answered? Are you special? Do you have a sure-fire technique?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #870016 - 09/08/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think prayer is more of a strengthening of the will by the "higher self" or soul. I think it's possible to pray to seperate beings but the possibility of them actually answering back is pretty slim. We should all just learn to pray (and have faith) in our soul. And I think this is actually what alot of religious people do when they pray to "God", they just don't realize maybe that we are a part of God so therfore when you pray to God you are praying to your Source, or soul... not some being that lives in the clouds who listens for people to say his name and comes down to grant them their wishes.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #870029 - 09/08/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, you still have not answered (sufficiently) my question. I am not trying to get you to believe in God....I am trying to get you to see your error. While I freely admit that I can not prove the existence of God....surely you can admit that you can not disprove his existence. You may think I am silly to believe and that is fine. But from a purely scientific point of view there is no evidence of his "non-existence". This is why I say you would be better suited as an agnostic than an atheist. To choose atheism shows your propensity toward inobjectivity which negates all your replies that are so called based on science or evidence.

You mentioned that prayer doesn't work....according to what studies? Have you done an exhaustive study on all people for all prayers for all religions?

For the record....(according to my belief....christianity)....all prayers are answered. It just might not be the answer you were hoping for. So if I pray for a new car and don't receive one...did God ignore my prayer? No, he simply said no or maybe wait a little longer. (I don't know the nature of God). You probably think this is a convenient method to account for the lack of answers to prayers from a non-existent God. That is fine. But I have proven that I am more open minded by the ability to believe in something that I can not see where you have shut out all possibilities.

To be a true scientist Swami you would be better suited as an AGNOSTIC.

Peace......by the way I like your methods of debate!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Anonymous

#870061 - 09/08/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Please respond to me when you address me. Your post was to Swami, not me.

Thank you.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #870113 - 09/08/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am special swami and so are you and everyone else. I have simply moved away from requirement, therefore i am living my prayers everyday, and not only has this become a truth for me but at times now i am recieving direct communication from God or higher-self through imagery and emotion, once you set aside the need for abundance it begins to pour in, figure that out. what i have also noticed is as i am teaching another i am learning new things as i go along, trips me out everytime, These are the answered prayers i spoke of, and this is why i am here on this site, to become both the student and the teacher. If i know you swami you will see a contradiction between the prayer chain and what i have just described, however all i wish to accomplish with the prayer chain is to create a more positive energy field, a little love never hurt anything, hey and with the purist intentions you just never know. whenever i come from the purist intentions good things have always come out of the situation even if the desired result was not attained.

I dont care if you believe me which is quite probable but i must repeat this:

" take me, i am the drug, take me, i am hallucinogenic ", this is the best quote i ever ever come across, i really needed to hear that from a master Adamist, i thank you kindly.

--------------------

Edited by ViBrAnT (09/08/02 11:13 AM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #870119 - 09/08/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I know its a cliche thing to say but Salvador Dali was a genius... Try reading some of his writings.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

#870405 - 09/08/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am not Swami!!!!

Are you high again?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#870563 - 09/08/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am not Swami!!!!

Gee, how come I never get to be Swami anymore...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order