Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehezzy
unexperienced

Loc: coolesville, daddyo
agh what am i doing wrong!
    #866266 - 09/05/02 08:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

this is a e-mail i received by my grandma's uncle who i dont know at all. right ok, heres my (his) delima.

man i cant figure out what i did wrong. i see all these pictures of bulk tech and all that with shrooms flourishing by the hundreds, beatiful shrooms towering one next to another, growing in friggin foil pans in the middle of some dudes room.. with this dream in my head, i ordered a syringe of mazatapec from spore works.. ok, its not as dark as some ive seen on shroomery and such, but hey im sure those are homemade and stuff.. anyhow, i grab vermiculite and brown rice from the store, head home, grind up my brown rice into BRF and prep the vermiculite.. also picked up were 4, 1 pint jars. was extra careful to make sure everything was clean when i mixed the verm and BRF in the jars. pressure cooked em and let em cool down overnight, poked 4 holes per jar and injected 2.5cc per jar after shaking the syringe. they were then tucked away in my closet for 2 and a half weeks now, with no growth at all. the verm/brf doesnt look to be all that mixed, it kinda seperated after the pressure cook, but other than that i cant seem to figure out whats gone wrong. now im lookin at the bag tek's, and gunna order a different strain with a bag and try my luck with that. but is there anything i should know about that im not doing? am i supposed to be keeping my room a certain temp or something?

oh, btw.. i was thinking of going with a print this time instead of a syringe. i would get about 5 syringes worth in 1 print, right? and i still have the syringe from the previous attempt.. going to clean it still, of course.

--------------------
.hezzy
Sexecutioner's Sexecution Pit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: agh what am i doing wrong! [Re: hezzy]
    #866306 - 09/05/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, several things have gone wrong....

>1 pint jars.
I strongly suggest you to use 1/2 pint jars for the PF tek.

>poked 4 holes per jar and injected 2.5cc per jar after shaking the syringe.
You have to poke BEFORE pressure cooking, if youi do it after, you risk contamination.

>the verm/brf doesnt look to be all that mixed, it kinda seperated after the pressure cook
You seem to have added too much water. Which recipe did you follow?

>am i supposed to be keeping my room a certain temp or something?
This wuild definitely speed things up.

Read www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #866401 - 09/06/02 02:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

in a word EVERYTHING. and i mean that in the nicest possible way. dude the imformation is out there you can't just go poof and mushrooms magically appear. you have to know what the fuck your doing.
http://www.fanaticus.com/ read this cover to cover until you have a better understanding of what is supposed to go on. and actually read it not just skim through. i can tell by what you did that you just skimed through because nowhere does it say to do any of the stuff you did.
it's not that hard but like most things you have to put your time in.
read the pf tek

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

Offlinehezzy
unexperienced

Loc: coolesville, daddyo
Re: agh what am i doing wrong! [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #866972 - 09/06/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i read every single morsal of information on the cultivation guide on erowid.org. it wasnt until a few days ago that i knew about shroomery and such, but i definately didnt just "skim through". spent at least a week of just reading up before i put everything in order. thanks for the help though :tongue:

--------------------
.hezzy
Sexecutioner's Sexecution Pit

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #866985 - 09/06/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Try the reading the Cultivation FAQ. There's information in there concerning just about any aspect of cultivation you need to worry about at this stage.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
Re: agh what am i doing wrong! [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #868306 - 09/07/02 05:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you asked what you were doing wrong but your still not listening to the answer. of course you skimmed through it or you wouldn't have poked holes in after sterilization. do you have any idea how many organisms you introduced by doing that? you would if you had read the manual. all of it until you understand it.
if your not going to do that then i would suggest having a friend grow shrooms and just buy them from him.
if you are going to try again which i hope you do then i must stress again, read the pf tek.
print it out and sit down with it. read everything. you can't just hack your way through this.
good luck.

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#868506 - 09/07/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope you didn't throw your jars away.  I once grew some cambos and didn't see any growth until after 3 weeks, but they went on to fruit. Not magnificently by any means, but it was better than nothing.
    I hope you are using or going to make an incubation chamber so your jars have an ideal temp environment and protection from airborne contams.
    Please listen to the advice people give you and try to follow it.  Nobody is knocking on you or holding up to ridicule. We want you to succeed! Good luck! :smile:

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds