Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinerickpsfuckyou
listening to Mozzy
Male

Re: john titor the time traveler [Re: rickpsfuckyou]
    #5201593 - 01/20/06 04:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

02-08-2001 02:47 PM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

D'Wayne Bolton

Yourself
As the 38? year old that you are today, do you remember yourself showing up and visiting yourself as a three year old? Are your parents still living in 2036? Have they ever mentioned your having time traveled back to see them in 2001?

02-08-2001 02:50 PM Profile Email Home My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Jason Plett

Fascinating
Mr. Titor, I find this fascinating. Perhaps, if you do not mind, I would enjoy a ride in your time device. I am sure you wouldn't mind me taking a spin into the future a few years. If you are ever in the Denver area let me know I would like to interview you and take a ride in your machine.

02-08-2001 05:24 PM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Robert A. Cook
Regular

Yep, Jason hit the nail right on the head, didn't he?

I too would like to take a ride in the rumble seat of your time machine.

I would like to visit the late 'fifties and early 'sixties. I'd like to have coffee with my father and my uncle, with spray-painted gold lamps overhead, encrusted with plastic jewels.

I'd like to watch them smoke their pipes and cigarettes unmolested, and discuss the simple issues of their time.

Sadly, I believe time travel is bull***t.

I wish it were otherwise.

02-08-2001 05:42 PM Profile Email Home My Posts Edit IP: Logged

John Lensk

John is there anything you can let us know about the future? I know you are doing the whole "not gonna tell any real information due to money being made off betting on the information you tell us". But can you just name some people who will be major tv stars or movie stars, or future major politicians or major companies? Or even other major technologies besides the obvious that we arent aware of?

02-08-2001 06:45 PM Profile Home My Posts Edit IP: Logged

John Titor

This post addresses what I have seen before the last three. I enjoy the conversation and I will respond.

The ?pattern? of exchange in the war will not be a surprise. Many people will perish as a result of starvation and disease. I would also submit that you already know if you?re safe or not. The trick is to not turn off your fear when you?ll need it the most.

Australia is sort of interesting in what is unknown. After the war, they were not very cooperative or friendly (can?t blame them really). It is known they did repulse a Chinese invasion and most of their cities were hit. They have a trading relationship with the U.S. but I would characterize them as reclusive and ticked off.

When people use phrases like ?See what I mean?, ?You?re not hearing what I?m saying? or ?Something smells fishy?, they are indicating the primary sense they use to process information about a situation. I find it interesting that my credibility and the phrases that describe it hinge on economic terms and whether or not I have something to sell. I don?t. I also don?t know how to clarify my position any better so I would suggest that if what I say angers you, it might be best to just consider it fiction. Soon you?ll get bored and I will leave in a few months. Either way, it won?t be an issue.

The ?enemy? that was attacked by Russia in the U.S. was the forces of the government you live under right now.

((...or just some guy who gets off misleading others.))

I do not seek followers to mislead. I seek safety, animosity and good conversation.

(2). To me it would seem obvious that we both have a very different perspective on what?s important right now in 2001. I would think that?s what makes our interaction interesting. Would I be anymore believable if I told you I had just stopped a horrible event and you won?t hear about it because it didn?t happen? Again, this is the second time it has come up and I am very curious. Why would you expect a time traveler to know or care about what happens in Hollywood or some individual companies profits? You seem to think I have tomorrow?s paper in front of me. Is that what time travel means to you?

(3) I never said I was a scientist. If this is about economics somehow and you hope to ?buy? my story, then what do I gain by ?selling? it?

(5) You already know that cars are dangerous and planes crash. I?m very confident you are capable of killing yourselves without my intervention. Actually, my moral obligation has nothing to do with you, it?s between me and God.

Deception? Exactly what standard do you use to measure the truth around you? I have seen other threads with amazing and potentially real experiences on them. Why am I more threatening?

I have no memory of meeting an older me as a three year old. The events between worldlines are isolated and nothing I do here will affect my worldline. Yes, my parents are alive in 2036 but they have no experience with a time traveling ?me? in their 2001 either.

02-08-2001 06:59 PM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Ernie Vega

There is always a way
Hi John:

I've read all the postings here and I sense that what we have here is a failure to communicate. It's been my experience that the majority of posters on this board are genuinely open minded, and ready to believe. Actually I'm intrigued by the escalating level of frustration being experienced here, and wonder where it's going.

In my opinion you have sparked a good discussion here. If you are from the future, then we all have something to learn from you. If you are not, then it's a good game of cat and mouse, and since audience participation is not mandatory, I really have no reason to be upset with you. For me the challenge here is two-fold.

1. To try and somehow get you to validate yourself without violating your ethics.

2. To try to get you to trip yourself up, and prove yourself a hoax.

Either way in the end we all get what we wanted.

Rather than degenerating into a "let's get John mob" I propose we try to devise creative lines of questioning to get to the bottom of the "John Titor" story.

I don't believe animosity is a requirement for a satisfying excercise in thinking. We do need to level the playing field so it would be helpful if you would agree to a few "rules of sportsmanship" (pardon the P.I. sexist reference).

You have more than once noted your disdain for our colloquialisms and cultural inclinations. This is inherently unfair, and you should give it some thought. You being the "TT", have an unfair advantage here. We do live in an economy based society and it's natural for us to use terms like, "Im sold". You used the term "off the cuff" in your comments about "buying in", does this mean in the future "cuffs" have some cultural significance? or is it simply a familiar concept? ....food for thought.

I of course only speak for myself, so here are my questions.

1. Is John Titor your real name? (just kidding)
2. What is the name of your locality/State/Country?
3. Are you a free man?
4. Have civil liberties become more significant?
5. Do you live in a racist society?
6. What is your form of government?
7. Would you be considered a member of the Patriot movement today?
8. In your time, have people developed their spirituality?
9. Do you know what happens when you die in your time?
10. If any what is the predominant religion?
11. Did Jesus come back?
12. Did we send manned missions to Mars?
13. What did we find on Mars?
14. Did we colonize the Moon?
15. Are we currently being bombarded by mind control devices?
16. Is Psionics a part of your every day life?
17. Is Europe made up of feudal states?
18. Did the N.W.O turn out to be real? or just vapor?
19. Do you have teleportation for the average citizen?
20. Was AIDS created by the government?
21. Are there gays in the military?
22. Are there gay people in your time?
23. What is your race?
24. Is there a Movie industry?
25. Is VR legal?
26. What is the average lifespan?
27. Why are you still using paper money?
28. As far as you know who is the most significant figure of the 21st century.
29. Do you use Tesla technology?
30. Given the differentials values you quoted, why can't your technology compensate by offsetting the target coordinates so the error puts you in the correct "world time"?
31. Do you have the death penalty?
32. What is the most common crime commited?
33. Is race mixing allowed?
34. Is cloning common practice?
35. What is the racial make up of the continental U.S.
36. Is there segregation?
37. What is your education system like?
38. What is the woman's role in your time?
39. Are there equal rights?
40. What sort of birth control do you practice?
41. Are there same sex marriages?
42. What happened to South America?
43. Are there recreational drugs?
44. Do you remember the Beatles?
45. What is the name of the Pope? (name changes)

If you answer these questions you will not violate any of your rules except for question #1, so I'll retract that one.

That's my 2 cents
PS: If you need a real web site I can give you one, all to yourself, for as long as you stay in our time line. E-mail me if you want it.

02-08-2001 09:39 PM My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Charles Moltrup

to john titor
How close does asteroid 2000SG344 come to earth in the year 2030 I will be 78 years old by then and want to find a big rock to hide under. PS my time machine works all the time i call it the human mind it takes me to any time line I want and it runs on Imagination. see ya around

02-08-2001 11:30 PM Profile Email My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Thurstan Davies

A Smile
Dear John Titor,

Thnak-you for your words :

"I would also submit that you already know if you?re safe or not. The trick is to not turn off your fear when you?ll need it the most."

After some pondering over your kind reply, I did smile at your words and I did need to hear them, how ever many times I do hear them from one source or another...

May I ask one question, when you saw my name "Thurstan" did you recognise it, I won't ask why or how, or where, just if.

Once again Thank-you, I hope your project suceeds before '38.

Best Regards

Thurstan

02-09-2001 01:44 AM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

D'Wayne Bolton

Same questions
Many of the above questions are answered in preceeding posts.
If John is from the future, let's keep his interest and not bore him with the same questions over and over and over and over again.
However, some of the questions are new and I too would like to hear the answers.

02-09-2001 06:32 AM Profile Email Home My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Mel Reckling

TT
John,

Unless you've been here for the last 10 years or so, how would know how we have seen the media coverage of Waco(94?),
Ruby Ridge(93?), Elian?

02-09-2001 10:45 AM Profile Email My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Chris Greycheck

John's point
John,

I must say that I am impressed as to how calm you remain, then again, that only helps to make you even more believable.
When I was referring to plane crashes, I meant you should be able to tell us of near-future air disasters and their flight numbers, so we can warn anyone that we may know, thus saving their lives. What is so unreasonable about that?
Anyway, I am not totally clear on your point, of being here as your main one was already shown to be redundant (getting us to at least accept the possibility of TT), so what it's going to be now?

02-09-2001 11:11 AM Profile Email My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Craig Cuthbert
Regular

I would say if this is all legit - and I'm leaning that way as I would rather it be, and I have nothing at stake - that the whole issue is very much about divergence. Onb certain levels divergences matter very little. For instance, did it really matter whether you got gas, last Thurs., at an AMPM (amp 'em) or a Chevromn Quik Mart? If a timeline was altered and on a new line you found yourself gassing up at a Texaco Food Mart AFTER you went to the Library, as opposed the AM/PM (amp 'em) before you went to the school board meeting - would it matter? Suppose you went back in time and suggested to your bonehead cousin that he should get a job at the new service center down the street. And he met some girl there, they got married and now you get to visit them once every year in LAs Vegas? Suppose you suggested he try telemarketing at 1 800 RIGHT-IN-THE MIDDLE-OF-DINNER and he lasted 3.5 weeks and then found a job in Vegas dealing cards and then met some girl there. I guess my point is that different divergences have different "loads" of importance.

Enough ... though true freedom means looking at these consequences on a more continual basis than one would have if one were used to a more routinized existence. I find this whole topic of divergence to be the more intriguing topic (though I would like to know what Chinese pop culture will look like.

02-09-2001 12:33 PM Profile Email My Posts Edit IP: Logged

--------------------
Got light? Make matter.
Time Travel Forum Moderator
pamelam2@neo.rr.com
Posts: 1578 | From: U.S.A Ohio | Registered: Apr 2001 | IP: Logged
Pamela
Member # 15

posted June 21, 2001 19:56 John Titor

For all of you interested in coming back with me to 2036, perhaps we should discuss the trip. Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space. First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975. We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we?ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036. If you?d like to stay in 1975, you?re welcome to do that. It can also get quite hot and stuffy during the trip and you?ll be subjected to a 1.5 to 2 G force the entire time. You?ll also need some sort of a re-breather system or oxygen supply.

I have found that many misunderstandings and arguments are based on the differences in understanding over a single word. Two different cultures can have a drastic impact on the meaning of words like ?proof?, ?trust? and ?credibility?. My frustration is in understanding the use of the words. I am trying to follow the logic of all of the comments.

After reading the questions, I want to paint a picture that may help with the general theme of our collective experience in 2036. The war had very profound affects on people and how they relate to each other. As individuals, almost everyone in 2036 is very familiar with death. We all have stories of loved ones that have died from disease, war or acts of inhumanity. Most of us have even taken part in dishing the same thing out to the other side. As a result, we have become far more compassionate to the ones we love but mush less forgiving to those who don?t pull their weight. We are more accepting of other?s differences in our community because we depend on them to survive. We are also more conservative with our resources and closer to God because for a period, life on Earth was Hell.

The other major difference is in the concept of good and evil. With multiple worlds come multiple decisions and outcomes. For every good act, there is an equal and possible bad act on another worldline. Taken to the extreme, this must mean that in God?s eyes, there is no total good and total bad in the superverse. It balances itself out to infinity. I believe we are judged on the decisions we make as individuals and the good/evil I see on my worldline is an illusion that has no worth to God. My reaction to it is what?s important to God. Although this may seem rather heartless, it does allow me to see past the evil that people do and acknowledge the core of potential goodness inside them.

2. I am currently based in Tamp Florida in Hillsborough County.

3. Yes I am free but I have obligations as a citizen. Everyone is required to have basic military training and provide a period of time for community service. It is very much like a type of mandatory National Guard service + Peace Corps.

4. Yes civil liberties are more important. You will feel the same after having your house searched a couple of times.

5. We do not live in a racist society but definitely a prejudice one. Everyone carries their own water.

6. Our government looks very much like yours. It is a representative republic.

7. My definition of a patriot is anyone who defends the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

8. Religion has become far less centralized. Extremes tend to bring you closer to God so I would characterize religion and spirituality as a much more of a personal institution.

9. I do not know what happens when we die. However, I don?t think it will be easy. There may be some very difficult decisions we have to make when we die that we are totally unprepared for.

10. It?s difficult to define the most predominant religion. Christianity has fragmented into many groups and people with different beliefs speak mush more openly with others who have different outlooks and opinions. I would imagine there are large groups of Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims but I have not come across them personally.

11. No, Jesus did not come back. At least not that I?m aware of. If or when Jesus returns, do you think he?ll be a lamb or a lion?

12. No mission to Mars but we are working on it. There is a group working on the idea of gravity displacement to get into space but the calculations and error rate are very large obstacles to overcome.

13. We don?t know what?s on Mars yet.

14. We?re not on the moon yet either. A great deal of technical effort is going into cleaning the planet up.

15. I?m not aware of any ?mind control? devices being used on you now. However, there are a great many ?non lethal? weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, ?In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems?? When they use the word ?enemy?, they?re talking about YOU! You don?t really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?

16. I?m not familiar with the term Psionics. I?ll look it up and see if we just have another word for it.

17. Yes, Europe is a mess.

18. Yes, I think the New World Order idea tried to establish itself. I would consider them the combination of the old U.S. federal system, Europe, Canada and Australia.

19. When you say ?teleportation?, I assume you mean public transportation. Yes, we have a basic high-speed system.

20. I don?t know if the government created AIDS. I tend to think yes but controlling it escaped them as it mutated. You can?t have conspiracy to limit the population with a disease without the cure.

21. Yes, homosexuals are in the army. You tend to look past the individual differences of people when thier job is to protect your life.

22. Yes, there are ?gay? people in 2036.

23. I am a white male.

24. Yes, there is an entertainment industry. Again, it is very decentralized. The technology to express yourself with video is so readily available that many people do it all by themselves or in small groups. Much of the distribution is over the web. I would compare it theater here.

25. I don?t know what you mean by VR?

26. The average lifespan is about 60 but I expect that will imporve as we get things cleaned up.

27. Yes, paper money is still widely used.

28. The 21st century has awhile to go but the most significant person in my opinion is the farmer-general who led us to victory.

29. Even for you Tesla technology can be found in appliances, motors and generators. I would have to say we have come a long way on Tesla?s foundation but we don?t have electricity rays that cause earthquakes.

30. Getting back to my exact worldline of origin is impossible but it depends on how you define the correct worldline. I can get close enough so neither I nor anyone there would know the difference. It relates to the classic example of cutting a distance in half to reach it. You can always get closer but never there. It also has a lot do with neighboring universes on Penrose diagrams but that requires more math.

31. Yes, we have the death penalty. We also have public punishment.

32. The most common crime is theft.

33. I don?t understand what you mean by ?race mixing?.

34. Cloning is not common. However, altering the sperm and egg cell are common. It is very difficult to have children in 2036 for environmental reasons.

35. It?s hard to say what the exact racial make up of the U.S. is. I would say it?s probably the same minus 130 million people or so.

36. No, there is no segregation.

37. The education system is very similar to yours but the organization and implementation is controlled on a community and county level. Various communities also specialize in certain disciplines.

38, 39. My comments on equal rights and ?women?s roles? could be quite lengthy and controversial. I wish to discuss that separately. However, women do fight in the military just as the men do but their role on the community level is very conservative.

40. Having children is such a serious issue in 2036 that birth control is almost unheard of. It is very difficult and precious to have and raise children. Again, this is an issue I will be happy to go into later.

41. Yes, there are same sex marriages but it?s not very common. Again, people have lived through so much hardship that if what someone else is doing does not affect them or harm the community, it?s not a big issue.

42. South America went relatively unharmed. However, there is still a great deal of internal conflict with conventional arms.

43. Yes, people use drugs that alter consciousness but they are not very common.

44. Yes, I know who the Beatles are. Old music and other entertainment is available on the web.

45. There is another Pope but I do not know his name.

I do remember the name Thurstan. Isn?t that a character on a television program about people stranded on a desert island?

I do believe that ?you?re? UNIX will also have a problem in 2038. I don?t think that?s a secret but maybe someone should put a 5100 aside for thirty years or so.

John

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoClue
Stranger

Re: john titor the time traveler [Re: rickpsfuckyou]
    #8572418 - 06/27/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's possible to cross over to other timelines...

Had this happen twice to me...

Scary stuff...

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: john titor the time traveler [Re: NoClue]
    #8609906 - 07/08/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure you have caused a temporal paradox by raising this thread from the dead.

OfflineKinetic
Hyperdimensional Machine Elf
 User Gallery

Re: john titor the time traveler [Re: antiPock]
    #8616151 - 07/10/08 04:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If this was true it just shows how easy we would ignor it so we will never know for sure.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." - T. McKenna

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom