Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Horse Poo users
    #857531 -

I found a stable that will let me take what I want, the thing is its all in a very large pile out behind the barn. Should I just dig in, or take the newer nuggets on top? Im thinking the stuff in the middle/bottom might be better. Comments? Plus they use wood shavings to line the stalls so that is mixed in as well, Im thinking this would be good as well.




--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Drummer]
    #857548 -

You want the purest apples you can find, no wood, no urine. Take the dry ones from the top of the pile, don't dig too deep. When you get them home, dump your "shopping bag" into a large tub and leave it open, outside, in a covered but open area (such as a balcony) to dry THOROUGLY before crumbling/pasturizing.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Drummer]
    #857579 -

Dry is better. Gather what you can. Even a little wet & dry it -- yourself............ :smile:

SixTango  :tongue: 


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: SixTango]
    #857587 -

Of course its best to dry it throughly then sterilize however I just gather up the dryest poop I can get and then just sterilize right away and it works even if its slightly moist.
But its best to dry it out throughly yourself then sterilize.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Addict]
    #857638 -

If you're sterilizing, that's fine, but if you're pasturizing, it MUST be totally dry.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: TM]
    #857652 -

Doesnt it need to be leached, as well?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: ]
    #857657 -

Nope. You could catch it in a bucket straight out of the horese's ass and dry it, then pasturize it. Basicallly, pasturizing = leaching.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: TM]
    #857666 -

first of all, DO NOT sterilize. it will defeat the purpose of using dung. pasteurizing kills the "bad" microbes, while sterilizing kills all microbes. as for which nuggets to pick, you dont need to be so picky, just randomly get what you need and then lay it out under the sun for a few days atleast. then pasteurize

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: PSILOCYBE_RICKY]
    #857690 -

Why tell me? I've been using Roadkill's tek for 5 weeks. I'd never sterilize poo!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: PSILOCYBE_RICKY]
    #858689 -

You better be picky when you pick out your poo.

You don't want wet horse poo unless that is all you can get.

Completly dry horse poo is what you are after....if your going to use it right away.

And it takes more than just a few days to dry out horse poo.....more like a week or longer.

I get both.....I dry out my horse poo on a large blue tarp.

By the way....now is a really good time to stock up for winter!!!

Do the poo!



--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Roadkill]
    #859256 -

So your saying its better to pasterize right?

All I have been doing with my horse sheit is just PCing it for 1 hour (Sterilize) - I asked Road he said this was fine. Whats so better about pasturization (curious) better results?

So far all my sterilized poo has colonized perfectly fine and the results were great!

I thank thee Roadkill masta of the poo! for thy tek tis great=)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Addict]
    #859277 -

I never said you could sterilize your poo!

I'd never pressure cook poo!

That wouldn't be benificial to the poo!

Your pressure cooker gets too hot for the poo!

Be back later if needed......I'm pasturizing some poo!

:grin:
 


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Roadkill]
    #859318 -

i think what roadkill was swerving to hit at was that...

you shouldnt STERALIZE THE HORSES POO POO you should PASTURIZE THE HORSES POO POO you want some of the beneficial critters still goin...and if you used YOUR POO you would be a sadistic mother fucker (without any shrooms) b/c im sure you ingest and excrete enough chemicals to wack those mushies out.

to pasturize boil , in a pillow case, submerge, at 170 f for about an hour and a half then squeeze till you get acouple drops out this is where you want it im pretty sure.


--------------------
of course this is all a dream and none of what i am saying is factual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Drummer]
    #859324 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Macey Howard]
    #859348 -

My friend has done both pasturizing and pressurecooking poo, and they both work, although she has read several writing's on beneficial microbes that actually increase mushroom growth, and those would be killed with pressure cooking. So its a toss up. Both give great looking fruit. :laugh:bluhoney 


--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Addict]
    #859375 -

Pasturizing is BETTER.

It leaves a diversity of benificial microbes ALIVE in the POO.

Sterilizing -- KILLS those benificial microbes.

Which would you rather have?  :confused::

The most benificial POO substrate  :grin:.

Or, one not as benificial & more wide open & prone to contam's  :frown:.

SixTango  :tongue:



 


--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Roadkill]
    #859433 -

Sad, Sad, Sad. Its just plain rotten. As luck would have it the poo pile is too shitty. No real usefull nuggets at all from it. Everything in the pile is saturated with the wood shavings they use to line the stalls, its like some bastard rolls it around while he is pitchforking it up. This really upsets me, I was hoping to be pastuerizing some poo soon. Perhaps I should go tie some buckets around the horses tails so it does not have to succumb to the wood shavings.
Damn, Damn, Damn.


--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Drummer]
    #859435 -

Don't sweat the wood. If it's just a bit here and there, ignore it.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: Drummer]
    #859446 -

mickey's right, if it's just a light coating, brush it off, and don't be cocerned with a small amount.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Horse Poo users [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #859450 -

I would, but it encases it like kitty litter does a cats shit. I think they may just clean the stalls every few days or something and when they do they clean the entire stall with all the wood shavings and all getting shoveled together.
I would of took some, but it really did not look like I would like it to.
I remember when I was young I used to clean stables for extra money, everyday I was in the stalls sifting out shit from the hay that lined the stalls. Once a week we cleaned the entire stall. The shit I remember looked 100 times better than this did.. If I had known then what I know now..


--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* poo or composted poo thats the question realrasta 902 3 06/14/03 06:49 PM
by Ainasko
* straw/poo, and compost question isabellegoddess 1,873 5 10/15/02 05:03 PM
by CptnMaxMushroom
* Amounts to spawn poo/straw/ compost with chaosgenerator 856 1 02/22/04 01:46 PM
by Anonymous
* other stuff in horse poo? empath 630 4 06/05/04 05:08 AM
by Loki
* horse poo from stables strang 858 3 03/27/03 02:36 PM
by strang
* Blue's Poo Arrived Today!
( 1 2 3 all )
TM 7,214 47 08/26/02 05:45 AM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Poo Problem
( 1 2 all )
wikedanjel 2,124 28 12/26/02 06:13 AM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Casing with compost Jingles 988 7 08/26/04 09:49 AM
by ChiLong

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,554 topic views. 8 members, 158 guests and 80 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.