Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers
    #845646 - 08/27/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My friend is experimenting with mex a on rye grass. Not sure if they're okay, as she hasn't looked at them in a few days. They were growing something last time she looked, but she wasn't positive it was the good stuff. If she gets lucky, and ends up with even one good jar, she was planning on doing a gtg transfer into several more jars. Would she treat this strain any differently than others, and would the timing be the same? Shoudl she transfer as soon as her substrate is colonized, or wait for the beginnings of sclerotia formation?

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: babyshroom]
    #845728 - 08/27/02 02:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: matts]
    #848324 - 08/28/02 02:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. I kind of thought so, but thinking has caused more than one jar to fail. Figured it was better to check. Don't think it will matter much, though. When my friend looked at her jars yesterday, they had a lovely orange cast to them. I can't remember seeing any mex a jars full of orange crap! Must be time to visit the Contam forum.

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: babyshroom]
    #848389 - 08/28/02 03:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

if i was you i would wait until some small sclerotia formed. take a piece out cut a piece out of the middle and dump it in honey water and innoculate from this. i cloned sclerotia like this and found it colonised quicker. it is about 2 months on now and it is looking much better than my first multispore innoculation.

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: blackout]
    #848537 - 08/28/02 06:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you very much!! She would never have considered this possibility, but it sounds like a good idea. I dont' believe she has worked with honey water yet, although she did buy some good quality honey at the health food store and dumped some gerber applesauce down the drain so she'd have a baby food jar ready to go. I think I'll suggest that she practice with some pcub mycellium before she attempts it with sclerotia, though.
Anyone ever had orange stuff in their rye grass/mex a jars before? At $40.00 a syringe, I'd hate to see her use the last bit and get the same result - she was SO careful with these jars, too!!!! No matter - if I have to buy her another, I will. Certainly not her first failure, and I'm sure it won't be her last...hehe.
blackout - did you have any shades of orange during early colonization? Yes - grabbing at straws - I hate to see her in pain and throwing out those expensive little experiments will surely move her to tears.

--------------------

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #848552 - 08/28/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

According to Stamets (TMC, p.205), Psilocybe Mexicana's mycelial type is "Slightly rhizomorphic to finely linear; off-white to tan color, sometimes with multicolored zones."

I have a friend who has attempted P. Mexicana, and the first growth in his jars was reddish in hue as well.

My cat would definitely wait it out. It will eventually become evident if something is growing in there that shouldn't be.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: FanaTEK]
    #848578 - 08/28/02 06:29 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yay! That's good news. I'll have to remind my friend to check her copy of TMC next time. I'm so happy to know her jars might make it. Thanks for taking the time to put my mind at ease.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #849506 - 08/28/02 02:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Mexican A Eh?

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #850235 - 08/28/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"blackout - did you have any shades of orange during early colonization?"
no a few weeks on i did get the yellowish dicharge though, from reading others posts i think it was due to too high a temp. basically mycelium taking a piss!
i lost 2 bags of rye seed to contams. it is a shame when the prints cost so much. once they get going though they are well worth it. pity you cant trade mycelium

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: blackout]
    #850369 - 08/29/02 02:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Prints? Who has prints? I bought a syringe, because I thought that was all that was available. Is someone selling prints now?
I think I might have to take pics of these jars and post them. Or maybe email them to the vendor to see if I'm screwed. The rhizo growth sounds as described above - tannish/greyish, thinner mycellial strands than pcubs. But, once an area is colonized, the color changes drastically (and quickly!) to a vivid mod-squad shade of orange. My friend is anxious to see what comes next, that's for sure!!

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #850594 - 08/29/02 06:10 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

sporeworks has prints.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Mex A Grain-to-Grain Transfers [Re: Raadt]
    #850751 - 08/29/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks! I'll check their site in a bit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder