Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIowa Rasta
enthusiast

Mourning Glory Patch Found
    #845159 - 08/26/02 07:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i recently seen that my friends accross the street are growing mourning glorys. ive done the glory before but they arent heavenly blues or flying saucers. the flowers are kinda of a purplish color with sort of a star coming from the center (the star is lighter colored growth) with this little information that i gave you is this species psychoactive and if so how do i harvest the seeds. much respect and one love

--------------------
http://go.to/freesporering FSR all the way
"Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Mourning Glory Patch Found [Re: Iowa Rasta]
    #845558 - 08/27/02 01:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hum.. not too sure about this species been psychoactive, but you can always try... To harvest the seeds, have a look out for the seed pods ( little ovale "beans") and wait until they are starting to dry up. just cut the pod and let it dry at home. There's about 3-4 seeds per pod, but a good sized morning glory plant will give up to 100-200 pods...

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
    #846738 - 08/27/02 12:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You seen em'? Horray for grammar!

Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
    #847410 - 08/27/02 06:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've done some pretty extensive physical research into the alkaloid content (or lack there of) of the wild pink hued morning glories... even after consuming massive quantities of the seeds extracted in alcohol, cold water, various other methods, I experienced only a mild buzz, elevation of temperature, dilation of pupils... probably due to other ergot-based alkaloids found in morning glory seeds(?) Anyway, the pink ones dont seem to be too active, you're more likely to poison yourself by overdosing on the other chemicals than get a buzz However, its worth a try at least once, it could be a different subspecies than the one here, and growing conditions could also affect alkaloid content.
To harvest the seeds its best to get a plastic tray or bowl, and in the fall after the flowers are gone you will see these brown seedpods about the size of peas on the end of dried tips of the vines. They are fairly fragile, and if you just crunch it between your fingertips and hold the bowl underneath, 1-4 small black seeds should fall out. Keep this up for about an hour and you'll have all you need.
A good way to get the most out of them is to throw about 15 grams into a coffee grinder, turn it into a fine powder, mix with a couple of shots of high proof alcohol... let it set for an hour, strain it into a blender through a t-shirt or cloth, because coffee filters have too small of holes, and the soap-like compounds in the seeds hold the liquid inside of them for too long, blend this on high for a minute or so until foam/bubbly stuff accumulates on the top, its lighter colored and makes a distinctive layer. scoop that stuff off and throw it away, its the part that makes you very nauseated.
Drink the rest however you can, and still expect some nausea this works good with the store bought seeds anyhow. I've found lsa to cause a pretty heavy body load, pronounced auditory hallucinations, to such an extent that when I was listening to music, the sound was totally covered up by white noise static, and replaced by another melody altogether in my head o_O. Anyway.... too much information, I'll shut up now

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #847837 - 08/27/02 08:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

in order to harvest you must wait for the pods to be mature (completely dried). drying green pods at home doesn't works.

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Mourning Glory Patch Found [Re: felixhigh]
    #848218 - 08/28/02 01:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry for the pods, that was a risky guess...

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #849370 - 08/28/02 03:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

They have lots of Mourning Glory here in Idaho!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden