Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

LSA in Morning Glories
    #3855703 - 03/02/05 02:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

DISCLAIMER: All information contained in this post is for informational purposes ONLY.

I have been thinking off and on about morning glory seeds.I began to wonder what amounts of seed would contain what amounts of alkaloids and what the equivalent would be in LSD.I then did some research and figured out a practical solution to this.It also makes for an easy dosing formula.

The average morning glory seeds according to samples tested in 4 different parts of the world contain 29.75 milligrams of alkaloids on average per 100 grams of seeds.

Now per gram that breaks down into 0.2975 milligrams of alkaloids per gram of seeds.That is 297.5 micrograms of alkaloids per gram.

A common and moderate dose of morning glory seeds is 100 seeds.That is roughly 3.4 grams as the average seed weighed approx 34 milligrams each.

Now seeing as on average each gram of seeds contains 297.5 micrograms of alkaloids that means 3.4 grams of seeds contains 1,101.5 micrograms of alkaloids.

Science says LSA is one tenth as potent as LSD.This means that 3.4 grams of seeds would be equivalent to 101.15 micrograms of LSD.That is just barely over one hit of LSD as one hit of LSD is 100 micrograms.Research seems to support this formula.

Now if you take 100 seeds(the dose) and divide that by 1,101.5 micrograms of alkaloids it comes to 11.015 micrograms of alkaloids per morning glory seed.That is the equivalent of 1.1015 micrograms of LSD per morning glory seed assuming the seeds contain the average 29.75 milligrams of alkaloids per 100 grams of seeds.

However seeds analyzed ranged from 10 milligrams of alkaloid per 100 grams of seeds in the worst case and 52 milligrams of alkaloids per 100 grams of seeds.

This means that 100 morning glory seeds can range from 340 micrograms of alkaloids per 3.4 grams (or approx 100 seeds) to 1,768 micrograms per 3.4 grams (or roughly 100 seeds).That means in the lowest sample analyzed (10 milligrams of alkaloids per 100 grams of seeds) would be equivalent to only 34 micrograms of LSD (or approx 1/3 hit)while the highest sample analyzed (52 milligrams of alkaloids per 100 grams of seeds) would be equivalent to 176.8 micrograms of LSD (or approx 1 and 3/4 hits).

In conclusion one can expect the average morning glory seeds to contain the equivalent of 101.15 microgams LSD per 100 seeds but it can range from the equivalent of 34 micrograms of LSD to the equivalent of 176.8 micrograms of LSD per 100 morning glory seeds.

On a per seed basis the average sed contains is the equivalent of 1.1015 micrograms of LSD but can range from the equivalent of 0.34 micrograms of LSD per seed to the equivalent of 1.76 micrograms of LSD per seed.

I hope this formula proves helpful to those wondering this very same question.

All information is for information purposes only.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3857526 - 03/02/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

bravo... no1 else has praised you, but good going with all those conversions.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: jben]
    #3857754 - 03/02/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Very nice. I'm sure many will find this useful. My first and only glory experience was with 9 grams, and I found it to be very interesting, although much too intense. I wish I would have known better at the time. I was in high school and it was my first experience with a psychedelic.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3861225 - 03/03/05 03:20 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Very nice. I'm sure many will find this useful. My first and only glory experience was with 9 grams, and I found it to be very interesting, although much too intense. I wish I would have known better at the time. I was in high school and it was my first experience with a psychedelic.

(nods) I made the same mistake.I took way too much the first time and got much more than I bargained for.I've used lower doses since then but without knowing how to gauge the effects and what I wanted to achieve,it made it hard to get the desired effects(many people suggest 200 to 500 seeds and sometimes its way too much depending on the setting).I wanted a way to gauge the amount of alkaloids so I could dose accordingly and it prompted me to do this.Now Its going to make it very easy for me to choose a dosage.I mean its not wise to take the equivalent of 4 hits of acid (about 400 seeds)and have it kick in when you're out in town or at a social event wandering around.For those times a low dose (20 to 50 seeds which is the equivalent of 20 to 50 mcg of LSD) works great.A low dose tends to lack OEV's and sometimes has minimal CEV's but does enhance awareness and especially awareness of nature significantly and tends to enhance social situations and makes them easier.My mind is clear and relaxed and the pressure is off at social events.It helps one to truly appreciate people and nature.It doesnt really impair you either like larger doses do.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3863265 - 03/03/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I think my experience was fairly unique. Even with 9 grams I had no OEVs or CEVs. I was just incredibly out of my mind. Sometimes I wonder if I was just too damn scared to notice the visuals.

Me and several friends dosed together. After about 5 hours we collectively determined that the seeds didnt work. Damn were we wrong! We all parted and after they left I decided to dose up again. I took 5 more grams, on top of the 4 grams (heavenly blues)from hours earlier, and about 10 minutes later it hit me like a semi. I was up all night, ...alone. One minute I was laughing and amazed at the beauty of the world. The next I was terrified.

Overall I would say that it was a worthwile experience, although very unenjoyable. I was young and immature, and learned alot. The next day my friend told me he too took several more grams once he walked home, and shit his pants (literally) in his bed later that night.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3863406 - 03/03/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

All I have to say is wow....

So if I was (and of course I'm not) going to trip on a large amount of seeds (say 500-1000) I could either have a mild trip or die of overdose, depending on the individual seeds.

Yikes. Isn't nature wonderful?

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3863772 - 03/03/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

So if I was (and of course I'm not) going to trip on a large amount of seeds (say 500-1000) I could either have a mild trip or die of overdose, depending on the individual seeds.

Yikes. Isn't nature wonderful?

lol.Yes essentially.Although alkaloid levels seem to vary according to climate.IE Places with more rainfall seems to produce less potent seeds and places with less rainfall seems to produce more potent seeds.Also it depends on if the ground stays wet for extended periods or not.Morning glories that receive too much water will also set little seed and produce few flowers.These variances are important to know and consider when dosing to ensure safety.

Btw LSA overdose seems to kill by heart failure but suicide during psychotic episodes(which can occur at high doses) could also occur.So thats the risk factor involved.

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #3864695 - 03/03/05 07:47 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

this post is definately interesting. but i think that potency of seeds from various vendors varies, even if they r the same strain. also potency weekens over time unless they r stored really well, i think.
but the formula is a good one to consider and at least have a general measuring stick imho.

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: Shnezbit]
    #3867950 - 03/04/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

The best method IMO is to always start with a low dose. Everyone reacts differently and you never know what is going to happen, especially for a first timer. You can always increase your dose on future trips. This formula is definately useful, specifically for more experienced users, but don't expect it to be precise. Alkaloid contents always will vary and just because youve taken 10 hits of acid no problem doesnt mean you can handle the equivelant of glories. Street acid is rarely undiluted.

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #7260217 - 08/04/07 07:55 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

so ive heard of morning glorys...but i heard you just go to lowes and get a packet or two of them and eat them?...is that basically all you do? ive never heard of them before yesterday

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: dlepi]
    #7260224 - 08/04/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by TurntableJunky (08/04/07 07:59 PM)

Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7260435 - 08/04/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You not gonna die from morning glory seeds.

Also I have to question this math.

--------------------
tradelist

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: plainswalker]
    #7260471 - 08/04/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Wrong person dude

--------------------

Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7261468 - 08/05/07 06:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Old thread.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
tradelist

Invisiblemisternatural
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: jben]
    #16178196 - 05/03/12 07:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the converions. I'll use this is a segway into my own trip on MG seeds.
Two days ago I ground up 2,500 MG seeds (Heavenly Blue)and mixed them with water, no extract, merely a decant operation.
OK, I grind this dirt smelling shit up in a blender and divvy it up into 4 or 5 doses. Oh, let me just say that I ran across MG while doing some research on cluster head-aches for a friend. I was reluctant for him to drink this shit if I wouldn't...right?
So, about 48 hours ago I drank the first 250 seeds worth.
x two days ago:Had fight w/roomie, ate 250 unfilterd crushed seeds,(so much for mood), and went out to my van(so much for setting)to chill. I didn't really notice much for the first hour or so, then I noticed that the hue of the sun looked just like it does after a rainstorm and the sun is back out, yellowish, but brigh5t. Think of lightly tinted yellow shades, the ones that filter, yet brighten at the same time.
The head trip part is not bad, I've tripped more than a few times, just gotta keep a handle on it. I tripped for 4 or 5 hours, the visuals being limited to the shades, and the overall enhancement of color, and sharpening of outlines, and the "clarity of vision" similar to shrooms.
x 36 hours ago: I am definitely going recommend my friend try these things. read a lotta bad press on these and I don't get it. Whatever.... Well, I,ve been on MG for 12 hours and am taking another 350 seeds worth. I almost puked, tried...couldn't. An hour later and I felt OK. WHEW! Gonna crash.
x 24 hours ago: I am awake and feeling fine, a little groggy, but fine. I am drinking another 250 seeds worth of MG mush. My vision is still "tinted", But I like it, I seem to be squinting less? Hmm. The "head trip" part of this deal is, well...efferent. The Physical part is not. I haven't eaten since I started, not because I was sick, but because I have been forgetting to. I am having some muscle cramps, but nothing of note.
x 12 hous ago: Another gulp of nectar...blech. Pretty uneventful now. I have a handle on it and will ride this bitch to a stand still.
x current: Well, 2200 seeds, and I feel fine. I am gonna ride dirt bikes with my son tomorrow so I'll eschew the rest of the batch. 
A note on vasoconstrictors...they INCREASE circulation.
My vision is still tinted. I hope it "sticks" this way. HPPD?

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: LSA in Morning Glories [Re: misternatural]
    #16224159 - 05/13/12 12:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

misternatural said:
A note on vasoconstrictors...they INCREASE circulation.

Can you elaborate?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds