Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevader
journeyman
Shrooms and Siezures - Please read
    #841828 - 08/25/02 09:02 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Someone had a siezure from shrooms. Is this common or have their been reports of this before?

Here is what I know. He had a dosage of 3-5 grams. (A dry ounce was divided between 6-8 people). He is 18 and very active. I know nothing about his medical history. He also smoked 1 or 2 bowls of good cannabis, and a beer (maybe more). Anyways, about 1-2 hours after ingestion this dude has a siezure. I went "exploring" while this happened so I did not personally witness it, but several other people did.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Shrooms and Siezures - Please read [Re: vader]
    #841833 - 08/25/02 09:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This is not normal at all, and probably wasnt directly caused by the mushrooms or the pot. It probably wasn't a full blown 'seizure'. He may have just freaked and started convulsing. I've heard of crazier things happening.. people foaming at the mouth and shit. Was he doing anything else prior to the shrooms and pot? The day before?

Offlinevader
journeyman
Re: Shrooms and Siezures - Please read [Re: ]
    #842063 - 08/25/02 12:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know what he did that day or the day before, but people where suprised he did shrooms, so he probally was pretty straight edge about what he took. He definately wasn't messed up on anything when he took em though.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #842528 - 08/25/02 06:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

how long did it last? over 60 seconds is considered a siezure.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #845555 - 08/27/02 12:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had a seizure one time when I took acid. I took three hits of blotter, smoked some weed, and did a few nitrous balloons. I was playing a video game while peaking and next thing I know I'm losing awareness. It's hard to explain. I was drawn into the game like I was actually the character. When I came out if it I remeber my dad standing over me asking if I'm alright. The odd thing is the seizure almost completely ended my trip. I think they might trigger seizures if you have an underlying condition or take other drugs that lower your seizure threshold.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineMosby
Stranger
Male
Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
    #846393 - 08/27/02 10:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

With out more detailed information on the event is impossible to tell if the event was a seizure or a pusdosizure. Was there a elevation of body temperature did he lose consciousness?.The eye dilation test would be masked by the shrooms and weed so isn't relevant also since was doing shrooms the aura or glow test wouldn't be relevant. Did he feel like a breeze was blowing on him?Did the seizure start in one area of the body and progress or did it start with a total lose of posture? How was he feeling before the event started, during and after? I have seen several posts on seizures while doing shrooms in last 2 months so this has my curiosity peeked> Also is there any history of MDMA (XTC) use or nitrous oxide use?

OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
    #846649 - 08/27/02 12:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

its next to impossible to tell if someone had an actual seizure without documented reoccurances. however, i have experienced the same exact thing after a similar episode a year before. i went to the doctor and got a check-up and cat scan and was told i was perfectly fine. i've heard of many people having "seizures" and in my opinion it happens when you cross your body's threshold, pass out and convulse. its the body's natural reaction to just shut down if its reality is crushed too abruptly or the mind can't handle what is happening. of course this is just my opinion from my experiences. hope some of this helps. if there are any other seizures though he should get checked out by a doctor. i wonder if he has high blood pressure??? he should look into that..

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience