Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

psilocibin cause of seizure??
    #1371630 - 03/13/03 07:08 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

sorry for the long post...

OK so I got some shrooms and tripped Tuesday, I dosed around 6:45pm... had a good level 3 trip, was happy, laughing, was enlightening, blah blah normal trip, had a nice comedown, pretty good trip.

Wednesday I dosed again, around 5pm, I was having a bad day and had a bad trip. that post was written at around 11-11:15pm.

right at midnight I had a series of horrible seizures. I get seizures anyway on occasion, but nothing like last night... I was on the computer and next thing I know I blacked out then I had a seizure and halfway came to on the floor here then had another one then somehow managed to get up and walk to my parent's bedroom, all the across a huge house with steps, i remember not being able to see at all, but I know this house inside out and could find my way... i got to the first section of my parent's room, which is tiled and has a wet bar and I started stumbling and having another seizure... i managed to crawl to the side of the bed and grab my mom... she said that I kept saying mumbling 'hospitle' over and over while shaking violently on the floor... when i finally came out of that seizure I felt REALLY good, but really exhausted, kinda weird feeling...

as i mentioned in that post, I had been sick all night, I think due to a bad TV dinner... the thought of the shrooms causing all this didn't even occur to me until i told one of my friends this whole story... she doesn't know much about shrooms, and I have spent endless hours reading up on them over the past 5 years and I thought that if you ate a poisonous look-alike that you would die or became REALLY sick within 24 hours of first eating them... so if these shrooms are not the right ones, that would mean when I first dosed two days ago I wouldn't of had a trip at all, in fact i would have been in excrusiating pain with vomiting...

I highly doubt the shrooms caused the seizures but since my freind has planted that seed in my head I must be re-assured

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: psilocibin cause of seizure?? [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1371908 - 03/13/03 08:53 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Blackouts, seizures and temporary blindness are all symptoms of psychosomatic illness - effects often triggered by stress. Could mushrooms and other drugs cause stress in some people bringing on psychosomatic symptoms? Definately. But it's not the drugs causing the seizures, it's psychosomatic.

Here's a bit of info:

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness.

In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinewyldtouch69

Re: psilocibin cause of seizure?? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1372341 - 03/13/03 11:10 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

that makes me sound like a hyperchondriac... I don't truly believe I have epilespy or any other illness that causes seizures... these have been happening since I was 15 and I have had several tests and even an MRI and doctors can't find anything wrong... I honestly don't know why they occur, and I'm definatly cannot just go into a seizure at will, in fact, when I start feeling like I'm going to have one, when i start feeling lightheaded and everything starts going dark and my body gets all hot and tingly I try my best to stop it.

I have been under stress lately, but I've had them even when I was happy and had no major stress.

Nosebleeds also happen within 2-5 days before or after a seizure, and it's not just blood coming out, there's also bloody tissue-like stuff that comes out too, it's too thick and too I dunno, 'shaped' to be snot...

--------------------

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
    #1372440 - 03/13/03 11:33 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

There have been plenty of strange things that have been reported to trigger seizures in people. I think the wierdest one I have ever heard of was a guy who couldn't watch Entertainment Tonight because Mary Harts voice would cause him to seize. Other people have been known to seize when coming down off of shroomies too. I recently posted in another thread that high frequency strobes cause me to seize. God only knows what is actually going on inside of your brain and what will cause it to short circuit. It has never been proven that shrooms cause seizures but when it happens most of the time has been reported to be after they came down.
http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2837

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Offlinewyldtouch69

Re: psilocibin cause of seizure?? [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1372482 - 03/13/03 11:45 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

:shocked:

oh... wow... hmm... never came across that before. I've never had a seizure any other times I tripped, of course, my trips are usually 1-2 months apart, never two days in a row.

:crazy: man... this totally ruins shrooms for me! If I choose to trip again (I have at least 3 more grams of em left) I will most likely have a bad trip cuz I'll be all worried about having another seizure. :mad: dammit, if I could take back 5 minutes of my life, I would take back those five minutes it took for me to eat them shrooms... I would have saved myself a bad trip, being sick, the scariest series of seizures I've ever had, AND I would still be able to enjoy shrooms...

damn damn damn :mad:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1372539 - 03/13/03 12:01 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I used to have seizures as a small child, and learned that when one was happening, it isn't a good idea to try and fight it and relocate yourself unless you're in a dangerous environment.. let it happen and stay relaxed, it will be way shorter and way less painful :smile:

I've never had one on shrooms but I can imagine it may be a bit spooky, but just remember to stay relaxed....

I wouldn't recommend tripping two days in a row - keep them spaced out, and never forget that whenever you really want to take some shrooms to get "fucked up," when you want it the most, the trip may not submit to your desires :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: psilocibin cause of seizure?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1372622 - 03/13/03 12:29 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Don't panic about taking shrooms again, thats no fun. Just relax. I'm sure it wasn't the shrooms but just other things that went along with the fact that you had been trippin. The worst thing you can do to urself is freak about it. Thats weird that you guys can think while your seizing. I lose all control and never remember any of it. Mine are terrifying, not to say yours aren't. But I bite chunks of my tongue off and pee on myself and all kinds of crazy shit until someone gets me out of the strobes or turns them off. TMI I'm sure but I thought that was a little interesting.

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Offlinekevinschulte257
Stranger
    #8482399 - 06/04/08 06:25 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

wow glad I found this, wandering aimlessly on the net tonight, all nighter for math. I agree with the psycosomatic theory in principle, heres my story

p. cubensis psychonaut over 100 trips under my belt.

Now everyone who says its all 'attitude and atmosphere' or 'set and setting' is full of bs

I ate a quarter, good attitude great atmosphere, grand mal siezure, I sort of blacked out but the siezure kinda worked its way into my trip so I went from full blown 'i dont know who/what/where/why/how i am" to rolling around on the floor singing the tune to the mario brothers and giggling like a school girl, in between spurts of full muscle spasms and tongue biting,

I had a sitter (even after 100 trips I aint no fool), sitter didnt realize it was a siezure and thought 'bad trip' So he gave me water and sat on me until the effects wore off.

lots of stress around that time of my life and certain people I was with while not being negative were definitely a big part of that stress (women prolems rejection...i digress)

two weeks later I halved my dose from a quarter to 3.5 g p. cubensis (bluestain smoothcaps), I had chalked the first siezure/bad trip up to too much visual stimulation (tripped indoors with glow stringers and x-box visuals vs my normal cloud watching approach) and the psychosomatic factor.

Halved my dose, took my boomers with my age old trip buddy (totally trusted loved and respected) and a stoner friend of ours as a sitter. Planned it out classic, make some koolaid sit under an umbrella and watch clouds , smoke some cigs and relax.

peak starts and bammo, siezure action, basically it was the same bad trip during the entire 20 minute episode but this time even worse. They gave me some water, fed me an apple and some toast, I blew mushroom chunks and came down.

fool me once shame on you fool me twice...

so im thinking "maybe my body has made me allergic to mushrooms to stop me from doing them anymore"

now for the next three months the after effects of the indescribably horrible (mixed with dabs of unimaginably wonderful) things I had seen/tasted/smelled/heard and thought kept coming back. Panic attacks while im driving, sleeplessness. Eventually I developed a "syllopistic worldviw" (forgive spelling), I convinced myself rather thoroughly that I was god (as you only percieve reality from your own perspective) and I had gone insane sometime in the past (perhaps when my first memory occured), because of this I was in control of all of reality but had lost the ability to differentiate how I did so. Hence as far as my logic could bring me, I may cause a tsunami by dreaming about bananas, everytime I fart I might be sparking a war.

catch my drift? slowly sliding into a complete state of utter insanity, the guilt from me accidentally creating the very concept of suffering is driving me mad. Now no one can talk me out of this idea because im so thoroughly convinced, I also convinced myself that no one was allowed to tell me i was god or let me know how to 'rein it back in' because of some rule I had setup in the fabric of All-That-Is.

needless to say for these three months I couldnt hold a job many of my close relationships failed and I basically resorted to a good long drinking bender.

THANKFULLY, one of my friends Nick Wade convinced me using a logical syllogism that it was impossible for me to be god because by definition god is perfect and insanity would be imperfection (see below)

1.if god=perfect
2.if insane=imperfect
3.then kevin schulte while insane cannot be god

WHAT A RELIEF!(seriously teetering on the edge of utter madness and having someone calmly explain everythings gonna be alright is a once in a lifetime experience of ultimate monkey off chest action)

now just as x=-1/x is a feedback loop and I might then have argued to my friend that because this logical syllogism restored my sanity I could now again be god, thankfully after his logically induced moment of clarity I realized that didnt make a lick of sense.

Now what brought on my friends awesome intervention was...I had dosed on two hits of acid{btw really shitty acid that barely even gave other people with me at the time 6 total who dosed ANY VISUALS} , (thinking "hey im only allergic to p. cubensis right?" ) and had another bad trip/ siezure, which had made things unbearable for me. Apparently after seeing it firsthand and listening to my crazy rambling in a calm fashion he realized that my entire state of psychosis was based on false premises.

I also 'felt' a siezure coming on a few times in a k hole(ketamine) but never got "out there" enough for either the bad trip to start or the siezing but it 'felt' like it was brewing

so psychosomatic sounds very plausible, 3 different substances, two confirmed hits (siezure/bad trips), Plus although the underlining stress related causes may have changed these 3.5 months were definitely good and stressful and that anxiety wasnt being dealt with responsibly.

Needless to say I no longer indulge in psychedelics (ive had some synthetically laced ectacy and some low dose mescaline {thank god mr. mescalito likes me!} ), but I definitly steer away from any notable dosing and try to know my source real well with that.

I think I've done enough tripping for a couple dozen other people though...good memories...some of them

sidenote : relaxing into the siezures does help, during the third one I came out of it long enough for someone to hand me some water that I drank and I remember when I went back into it I was real calm and I was floating in a see of pure consciouse awareness (I wasnt actually floating, I had merged seems more appropriate), It was beautiful.

I still have some flashbacks though, nothing visual, just this not so good feeling, when you play with fire your gonna get burned I guess

Anyway thanks for letting me vent and I hope someone else can take something from that. Never had a siezure before or since.

Nanu Nanu

feel free to email!

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
Re: psilocibin cause of seizure?? [Re: kevinschulte257]
    #8482963 - 06/04/08 11:50 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

maybe you have a brain tumor

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience