Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
ID request (possible Gymopilus Spectabilis?)
    #8380971 -

Being a noob i feel better be safe then sorry and also the fact that after i picked it i didnt know it was growing off rotten wood due to the thick layer of dead leaves around it.

Location: Australia(south australia-adelaide hills)in a pile of dead leaves

Gills: Dark yellow, seem to be attached to the stem

Stem: roughly 3cm thick, solid stem, yellowish colour.

Spore print: rusty colour, kinda a browny orange


There was a fully grown one but it was at the bottom of a dried creek and if i went down and got it i probably wouldnt of gotten back up without a lot of struggle.
Hope this is sufficient information for a ID.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: Scuttles]
    #8380974 -

all signs point yes wait for someone else to confirm it as well tho. That one seems kinda big look for smaller ones the smaller the more potent. that really looks like the text book definition. any who are they active in where you are i know they arnt on the west coast of the US but are on the east coast.


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: thedudenj]
    #8381008 -

Hey great gym! thats a nice one:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: Q-WTF]
    #8381457 -

Yea its a big Gymnopilus, likely to be G. spectabilis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8381544 -

thedudenj, we DO have active G. junonius (=G. spectabilis) on the West Coast.

I'm not convinced that is an active species of Gymnopilus because I cannot see any green bruising. Certainly, they do not always bruise, but then again, there are other large species of Gymnopilus which are not active and look much like the mushroom pictured.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8381940 -

well the thing is they only really blue when small i have had ones with no blueing what so ever be really strong


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: thedudenj]
    #8382085 -

Me too. I'm not saying that the lack of greening means they are not active, I'm saying that it could indicate a non-active species.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8383192 -

CureCat said:
thedudenj, we DO have active G. junonius (=G. spectabilis) on the West Coast.

I'm not convinced that is an active species of Gymnopilus because I cannot see any green bruising. Certainly, they do not always bruise, but then again, there are other large species of Gymnopilus which are not active and look much like the mushroom pictured.


ive had gyms before that didnt bruise at all which were just as active as ones that did, subbs as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8383478 -

weiliiiiiii said:
ive had gyms before that didnt bruise at all which were just as active as ones that did, subbs as well.



ME TOO. That is what I just said.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8383486 -

CureCat said:
weiliiiiiii said:
ive had gyms before that didnt bruise at all which were just as active as ones that did, subbs as well.



ME TOO.  That is what I just said.


Somebody needs a chill pill:calledajoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8383525 -

I have plenty of chill pills, I just get annoyed when I have to repeat myself multiple times in a single thread. A joke?? It wasn't very funny...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8383559 -

CureCat said:
I have plenty of chill pills, I just get annoyed when I have to repeat myself multiple times in a single thread.  A joke?? It wasn't  very funny...


sorry im not as perfect as you cuz judging by your post you are perfect. Ill let ya know when i consider myself perfect then maybe i can keep up with your endless amount of knowledge oh great and powerful curecat, whats funny too sum might not be funny too you if you have so many chill pills then please take one. PEACE:calledajoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8383574 -

now now children of the sun, if nothing good have to say you, your mouth and words will only betray you!

Be nice you fellas! :mad2:


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: Drewwyann]
    #8383583 -

Drewwyann said:
now now children of the sun, if nothing good have to say you, your mouth and words will only betray you!

Be nice you fellas! :mad2:


your correct sorry curecat for being an immature asshole my bad hope the best for ya girl.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8383591 -

:flowers:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8383605 -

thats the spirit! :smile:


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8383637 -

I whole heartedly do agree weilii. Capital suck, but oh well, prepare for a know it all response.

Ask a kid to learn "patience" now a days, they will google it, and read as much as fast as possible and think they learned how to exercise it with a webpage.

Toxicman is not doing this as I requested so I need to log on to give it a push. I no longer recommend this forum to anyone as I did for almost a decade. I do not bash it, I just have no comment to share with anyone about it.

Please (or, on a level on commonality, "PLEASE") delete the link to that Cubensis hunting guide at your Rules Page. Please delete this screenname from the trusted IDers at your Rules Page. And please remove this screenname from any part for the contributions to your Rules Page. Your Rules suck. They really do, to me at least. I would say thank you but really, why. I do not thank the inconsiderate and rude.

The person who put that Cubensis link there never had permission to do so by the owner of the web domain that it was linked to. And as I could imagine no permission for any of the other links at your Rules Page was ever granted either. That Florida mushroom hunting guide was written a decade ago and a new one has been written.

That is one heck of a Gymno, I will thank you for sharing and I will appologize to you for doing this in the public forum at your topic. I am just being honest and open about it and nothing would ever be read by me in private so it is really the only way.

Many spores for everyone,
Neil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8383713 -

I have not made any significant modifications to the rules since you left. I'm only responsible for adding one of the forum rules, so they aren't "mine". You have contributed as much, if not more to the forum rules than I have.

No permission is required to simply link to another site. If it is public, then it can be linked to without permission.

I do not know which "Cubensis link" you're speaking of. Do you mean the link to "GGreatOne's Guide To Florida Mushroom Hunting"? If so, don't act like I added it to the rules without your permission. That link was there long before I became a moderator, and you could have just as easily deleted the link 2 months ago.


This discussion did not involve you, If you have a request, please PM me. Do not start drama in the public forum, it's not appropriate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: CureCat]
    #8383878 -

So...back to the subject...CureCat...did you know that not all active gyms bruise blue/green!? :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request (possible Gymnopilus Spectabilis?) [Re: Dishez]
    #8383897 -

Dishez said:
So...back to the subject...CureCat...did you know that not all active gyms bruise blue/green!? :grin:


So true buddy so true:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Non-Active ID request ChiefThunderbong 6,711 10 10/11/03 04:43 PM
by orizon
* ID 'request' (but not much info, sorry) koraks 5,170 6 01/11/04 03:15 AM
by koraks
* Found in northern orgon, ID Request puggymalone 6,908 15 10/13/23 10:32 AM
by Mr Piggy
* Dried MD-area ID Request (Newbie!) agentdss 6,369 10 10/15/03 03:40 PM
by agentdss
* id requested Da_Vine 4,278 8 07/07/04 08:16 PM
by canid
* Wild Mushroom ID Request Moon_Tea_Brewer 9,847 3 12/16/02 06:39 PM
by Anonymous
* ID request - England rock_ten 2,919 2 08/14/04 08:38 AM
by adamole666
* today's findings and ID request TomJoad 1,513 6 07/22/03 11:50 PM
by TomJoad

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
4,343 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 66 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.