Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
Magnetic stirrer problem. Left the stirrer out. Woops.
    #8348192 - 05/01/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so we all have those late night fuckups right?

Lets imagine I have 10 liquid cultures growing.

Lets also imagine that I have a magnetic stirrer that normally spins a small piece of paperclip inside the jars.

Well lets say some sleepless idiot cooked them and forgot to put the stirrers inside of the jars.

Here is the proposal:

place lc's in glovebox, place stirrers in H202, transpher stirrers to their respective LC.

Will the H202 be sufficient to keep nasties out of the mix? I rather enjoy the benifits of those mixing rod's.

Thnx guys.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magnetic stirrer problem. Left the stirrer out. Woops. [Re: prototypical_man]
    #8348485 - 05/01/08 03:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've had that problem before, but I usually realize I forgot the stir bar before inoculating and just drop it in and resterilize. It should work, but you have to be extra clean when you do it. I use peroxide to soak pins in before I drop them on my agar plates for clones. While the pin and surrounding mycelium are usually free of contams, I will occasionally get them around the edges of the plate, presumably because my gloves/hands weren't as clean as they should have been when they were over the plate during the transfer. The thing with LC's is that they are harder to spot contams in than agar. You can have a good looking LC, only to find out after inoculation that it had a contam in it. Make sure you are extra clean with the whole procedure. I would wipe the LC jars, lids and definitely your hands or gloves down with alcohol carefully before transferring the paper clips.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

Re: Magnetic stirrer problem. Left the stirrer out. Woops. [Re: FooMan]
    #8348549 - 05/01/08 04:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the stirrer is not a necessity, i wouldnt risk it

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
Re: Magnetic stirrer problem. Left the stirrer out. Woops. [Re: bugabuga420]
    #8349726 - 05/01/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to do a test run, extra super clean paranoid method, lol, just one of them though. Its just that, the even mixing of the myc really helps disperse it through the water, and also prevents clogging the syringes. Thnx

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale