Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
. *DELETED*
    #834050 - 08/21/02 05:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Fd3000

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Edited by Fd3000 (08/23/02 10:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: Fd3000]
    #834091 - 08/21/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think your cat and Fanatek's cat should put their heads together and work out a plan. If they're opposite sexes, they could spawn a whole cat family of mycologist cats who grow cyan's and azure's for the world to enjoy. Now that's what I call cat fancy!

Go for it! Ther're alderwood chips available on the web! Do a search.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: TM]
    #834175 - 08/21/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well i told my cat your ideas, his responce - Meow, meow, meow, meow - translation - Just tell me where and when!

Anyone else have an opinion?
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #834185 - 08/21/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

NO, you cant do it. You must first successfully grow out all cube strains, then you may move on to pans.

j/k

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: Killa420]
    #834325 - 08/21/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

haha

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #834579 - 08/21/02 08:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yes - germinate on agar, transfer to rye and alder spawn then colonise cardboard. Use the cardboard to line a tray of alder and hickory and place it outside ready for the fall...

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #834582 - 08/21/02 08:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

you gotta get your gold cubensis star before you move on

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #834591 - 08/21/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think you should move up just yet. I have read a few of your threads/posts, and if you want MHO, I think you have a ways to go or I think you can still amaze yourself with the skills you have already gained. Yet I cant recall wheather you have used bulk substrate yet. Have you? How about agar cultures? Grains? There many things about the cultivation of cubensis that you may not be aware of or have not ventured in to. You are right in the sense of ease to cubensis cultivation yet I dont believe you really understand this. Once you have ventured to advanced cultivation techniques, you will have a better understanding of mushroom cult in general. Though other species may be cultivated in a whole different manner and substrates.

Just my thoughts and advice.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: pleezr]
    #834881 - 08/22/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes my cat has worked with grains and bulk substrates. Well maybe he's moving too fast, maybe not. Perhaps Pan Cyans would be a smaller step, what do you think?

Anyways ill give him everyones advice and see what he has to say.

Thanks for the imput!
Fd

--------------------

Edited by Fd3000 (08/22/02 02:47 AM)

Offlinecnidarium
radiallysymetric

Loc: benthic
    #834942 - 08/22/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Regardless if it works or not you will learn something. Half (ok less than half) of the fun is the mad scientist fun of it all.

I have been fucking around with bulk and store bought composted manure. So far results have been disappointing. But I have had fun regardless. Everything that I eliminate as not working brings me closer to what does. And I still look forward to getting home from work and checking the progress of trays.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #834948 - 08/22/02 03:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Just go for it then! I'm sure it will work in your behalf.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Anonymous

#834959 - 08/22/02 03:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

cyans are easier done outdoors

if you need cyan spores, I suggest you wait for fresh ones which are only a few weeks away!

OfflineGreen_Velvet
Super Human HipHop Head
Loc: La La Land
    #835756 - 08/22/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Perhaps Pan Cyans would be a smaller step, what do you think?

I agree. The growth paramaters are very similar to cubies, and you could probably use your same setup w/ only slight modifications to temp/ humidity. When I am ready to go beyond cubes that will definately be my next step. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: pleezr]
    #835775 - 08/22/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

With out trying to sound argumentative, may I ask why you think he needs to explore all the other teks? From my admittedly short tenure here, I have this one reoccuring thought:

People are making this stuff way too complex.

It seems to me that there are far too many teks, with *way* too many variations. I understand the human (perhaps male) tendancy to try every variant when working on a hobby - if you want to see a hobby where this has run amok, look at beer brewing - but after a while, they all seem to run together to me. I have found a tek that works awfully well and I see no particular reason to try the others; I sincerely doubt that they will do better than what I've got. Of course, I could extrapolate this line of thinking back to the original post and say "If you've got it going on with cub's, why switch to cyan's?" just as easily.

Again, not zapping anyone, just don't quite get the need for infinite varity in this situation.

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: SoFarNorth]
    #835804 - 08/22/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

People are making this stuff way too complex.

At times I tend to agree, but sometimes, people are just experimenting just for the sake of experimenting. I think we have primarily two camps here: people who enjoy the growing process, and people who just want the end product.
In reply to:

I have found a tek that works awfully well and I see no particular reason to try the others; I sincerely doubt that they will do better than what I've got.

This is the beauty of having so many teks and variants around. What works well for you may not work quite as well for others. What you stated is exactly what should happen if one is only concerned with the end product. In that case, the cultivator should find a tek that works well and for the most part stick with it.
In reply to:

"If you've got it going on with cub's, why switch to cyan's?"

Why switch to cyans? First one that I can think of is relative potency. Why eat more bulk when you don't have to?
In reply to:

Again, not zapping anyone, just don't quite get the need for infinite varity in this situation.

Change is good. The hobby would suck if we were still stuck with the Oss & Oeric book as the primary source of information for the home enthusiast.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Re: Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens, should he try? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #835816 - 08/22/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So wait, you have to germinate pan cyans on agar before you transfer them to birdseed? You cant just use a syringe like normal cubes? I dont have any agar and I want to try some cyans pretty soon.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #835847 - 08/22/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Go for it man, live and learn. i had started w/ casings, when i learned, YOU START with cakes. lol wish someone had told me that before i had all those nice lil shroomies.
if you have gotten that good at cubes, you obviously can follow a tek, and cleaniless aint a problem for you, then you got it whupped.
what we tell every noob that comes thru here, apllies to you now that your expanding your knowledge " find a situation ( tek) where someone has had succeeded, and on your first grow, dont deviate ONE BIT " next time you can do things a little more your way.
good luck, and if you get a bunch of nice shrooms, send ol' crow a print or two
pleasent journeys
CC

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #835852 - 08/22/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

So wait, you have to germinate pan cyans on agar before you transfer them to birdseed?

Nope. Multi-spore should work just fine.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
    #835867 - 08/22/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
    #836034 - 08/22/02 12:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

At times I tend to agree, but sometimes, people are just experimenting just for the sake of experimenting. I think we have primarily two camps here: people who enjoy the growing process, and people who just want the end product.

I'll buy that - I'm not particularly interested in being the mycologist of the century, but I do find growing them to be pretty interesting. Nice explanation - thanks!

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds