Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: growth log -pics, nearing first flush [Re: drpain27]
    #8223920 -

Wow... good to see that recovery after such a fall.... pretty funny video though :mushroom2:


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growth log -pics, nearing first flush [Re: andrewss]
    #8224224 -

...and the FC gets sacked from behind.


--------------------
The most important motive for work in school and in life is pleasure in work, pleasure in its result, and the knowledge of the value of the result to the community. - A. Einstein.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growth log -pics, nearing first flush [Re: howardroark]
    #8226457 -

Update!

It appears that the mycelium is still producing. The cases seem to be nearing the end of their first flush, but there still hasn't been any pinning on the cakes after the fall. Were they too damaged, do you think? Should I break them down and case them? The problem with making new cases is that I might not have enough time to even reach the first flush.

Here is the current setup...something like version 3.4...


I'm going to keep checking those mushrooms and let them flatten a bit.

Can anyone ID those for me? It's either going to be mexican or hawaiian...unfortunately everything got scrambled after "the fall."

If you look carefully, you can see about 3 day old pins on the first cake. I can't tell if this is the start of a new flush or the end of the first flush. Given, my inexperience led to uneven pinning, but so did the 3 foot fall!

Here is what I have collected so far:

The bottom of the jar is just a standard desiccant. The "platform" is built with K'NEX, those plastic builder toys. Total dry weight is about 9 grams.


Upon inspection, it seems the mushrooms that I fan dried for 24 hrs were more bruised then the ones that were fan dried for only 12 hours and then placed in the dry chamber...I thought fan drying led to less bruising then using a desiccant?


Edit: forgot to mention. One of the cases was pulled due to trich. I isolated it (in a 2 liter, of all things) but I am not expecting much (read:anything) from it.

edit 2: bad pics = bad lighting. :/ Sorry. Don't squint too hard, you'll hurt yourself.

Edited by shoegazer (04/01/08 10:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growth log -pics, nearing first flush [Re: shoegazer]
    #8246003 -

Update. It seems to be the end of the first flush. I've been picking 2-3 mushrooms every day, and now there really hasn't been much growth.

2 of the 3 cases have developed heavy trich...I poured salt on the infected area and sprayed. I think that maybe I have had poor FAE which lead to the contamination of the casing layer.

The cakes haven't shown any growth. They all still look pretty bruised from the fall.

I will keep watching the FC and hopefully there will be another flush or two. I don't know if I should remove the two trich infected cases, or if I should just get rid of them and concentrate on my single case...or maybe even recase the other two, since the trich is from the casing layer?

I'm kinda bummed that trich hit between flushes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: grow log [pics] - FC fell, mushrooms overcome! [Re: shoegazer]
    #18936318 -

Nice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* slow mycelium growth? (jar pics) Shiznitz 11,136 12 08/01/01 02:39 PM
by aluminum_can
* Is this bubbleous growth normal? (PIC) LTBOOMER 1,068 4 08/18/02 05:21 PM
by Killa420
* Germination vs Mycelium growth temperature? paranoid2 36,715 8 06/14/02 03:16 PM
by LeaveMeAlone
* Using Hummingbird Food for Liquid Growth. I_Fart_Blue 626 1 09/19/02 09:13 AM
by somacraft
* Re: Samui mushroom PIC Crasher 3,530 12 03/28/05 10:04 PM
by Firewolf1327
* ~Shrooms4life's Grow log/ grow along/ Kick back thread~
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Shrooms4life 25,572 131 07/07/21 02:29 PM
by pikeshroom
* Re: Eq mycelium question (pics) Anonymous 3,951 19 05/27/00 05:08 PM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe Cubensis Growth Parameters indicaz 2,309 1 06/28/02 04:18 AM
by indicaz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
8,807 topic views. 14 members, 145 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 17 queries.