Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Morning Glory Seeds, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Using Hummingbird Food for Liquid Growth.
    #893030 - 09/19/02 10:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I was in the Mycologist's Superstore(Wallmart) yesterday when I was looking at some birdseed. Then I noticed right beside it was some hummingbird food. Took a look at the ingredients. Dextrose, Sucrose, Tartaric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, and Red 40...Hmmm. It was only $1.50 so I figured what the hell. Brouht it home, filled a pint jar 3/4 full of H2O, and then added a teaspoon full of the mix, and gave it a good ol swirlie. My PC was still cooling down from an hour or two before, so I just threw that bad boy in a pot of boiling water for 40 minutes. After cooling, I inoculated it with some EQ. Well 24hrs later I check on it, and I've got some decent sized growth. Looks like nearly a dozen clumps of mycelium about 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser (maybe 4 cubic centimeters each?). This isn't too revolutionary but I thought I would share none-the-less.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesomacraft
amateur
Re: Using Hummingbird Food for Liquid Growth. [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #893109 - 09/19/02 11:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That is fantastic. I sense a Walmart run in my future. Poor little humming birds in my neighborhood must be pretty hungry this time of year.

In other news, my Heavenly Blues are blooming. I planted them a little late... hoping to get enough seeds from them to get a really large area planted this next season.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Morning Glory Seeds, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation