Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Fuck psychiatrists
    #8220011 -

I went in to the psychiatrist today (anxiety and insomnia) and told him the lunesta was working when i took two (4mg total) and that the prozac wasn't really helping at all (prozac for anxiety). I explained to him that I will have no health insurance on the 18th (my birthday) because I'm still on my parent's health insurance but will be removed on my birthday because I'm no longer in school at the moment.

He had mentioned about a month ago that klonopin would be a secondary option, and I know for a fact that .5mg klonopin helps tremendously with my anxiety, so I asked him if he had a problem with me going with that since I couldn't really afford to keep experimenting with different things (I had been tried on paxil and zoloft before the prozac).

So at first he's like "Yeah, of course there is an addiction potential and since you are still at your parents I don't think it would be really fair to them to put you on it without them being here to discuss it (wtf?) So he raised my lunesta dosage to 3mg and put me on 150mg of Wellbutrin which he said would take a few weeks to start working and told me to come back on the 17th so I could come back in before my insurance ran out.

I have a feeling he will just raise my wellbutrin dose to 300mg when I go back though, and if I can't work something out to get some more health insurance I'll just flat out tell him that I need the klonopin then and if he isn't going to help me then I'm not going to waste my time and money coming back to him every month for him to put me on some bullshit that doesn't work just so he can get the money every time I come back.

It feels like every psychiatrist I go to just plays with me to keep me coming back and paying them more...


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220038 -

It feels like every psychiatrist I go to just plays with me to keep me coming back and paying them more...


That's what they are there for.


Dude. Fuck Prozac. And Paxil. That shit is pure evil, in pill form.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220050 -

Certainly no offense meant, but perhaps meds aren't a solution?  I'd consider finding someone else if all he wants to do is increase your dosage... it seems (via this post) that youre concerned about what meds you can or should be on, and not what things about your life are causing the anxiety or ways in which to cope with anxiety etc.

Of course I don't know you nor your history so I can't really say I know what i'm talking about haha

wish you the best though:shrug:


--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you


MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220053 -

Shroomism said:
Dude. Fuck Prozac. And Paxil. That shit is pure evil, in pill form.



Amen. I hate SSRI's. The Paxil and Zoloft worst of the three I've tried. The paxil made it damn near impossible to get a hard-on and the zoloft made me feel like a damn zombie. And both of them gave me electric brain shocks when I was coming off of them, even though I did it gradually as they instructed. I'm getting fed up with these pricks...


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220062 -

weird..

try a new psychiatrist...

a doc usually prescribes the .5mg kpins like u want,
and if more is needed, then a psychiatrist can dose you better, rather it being more mg's, or more kpins given to you over the month..

usually that is..

seriously see another psych, and tell him the real deal, that you are not trying to get high on the pills, and a friend gave you some klonopins to take and it helped alot..

you should be prescribed kpins or xanax's.

goodluck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8220068 -

I do go to a psychologist that tries to help me with relaxation, but normally she just tells me stuff that I could have told myself and doesn't really help anything. I've been to several psychologists and several psychiatrists. I don't have much more faith in psychologists as I do in psychiatrists anymore...


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220083 -

Dude, I got electric brain shocks when I gradually went off of Effexor. What a weird feeling, huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: JusListen]
    #8220084 -

No, not xanax's. I have a problem with xanax. I've tried self medicating with them before and wound up getting myself addicted. Klonopins aren't as addicting for me personally. I've self medicated with klonopin too. I can take one in the morning and it will help for that day, and I can still tell a decrease in my anxiety the day after that too. With xanax I have to take 1mg twice a day. I'm pretty sure if I went back on xanax I would end up getting stuck again.


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220087 -

Have you ever thought about trying St. Johns Wort? Valerian? Or even Blue Skullcap?

There are all kinds of herbal combinations you can use to ease anxiety and help with sleep issues. It's all very easy to get, I use them often.


--------------------

All I know is something like a bird within her sang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Brugman]
    #8220091 -

Ya, weird and really fuckin annoying. Did your brain get "shocked" every 2 minutes or so?


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: purplegreens]
    #8220106 -

Valerian helps me sleep, I use that to keep from using the lunesta too often. Never heard much about blue skullcap, and st. johns wort I tried for about a week but I'm guessing it takes some time to start working because I never could tell a difference?


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220152 -

I'm thinking about self medicating with low doses of MDMA.

I get really tired and annoyed (for no reason) when I'm around people for an extended period of time. I can't enjoy a party with more than like 5 people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220188 -

Man honestly, pills probably aren't the answer for you. They aren't for most people. Sure.. they've helped a handful of people here and there. But I've seen more people fucked up on them than helped. In fact I don't know anyone personally that has been helped by anti-psychotics and anti-depressants... only people I've read about on the internet or wherever.. so as far as I am concerned, it could all be bullshit.

Do you really need klonopin or xanax for anxiety and insomnia? I mean sure, use them recreationally, whatever. But it's no good if you were to become dependent on those things, which is rather easy.

You're 18.. anxiety and insomnia sound pretty normal to me. Pills aren't going to fix the problem.. they will just take the "edge" off. Which I find pot does rather well. But for some people, pot increases anxiety.. so I dunno.

I just know for me, when I was a teenager.. I had some crazy psychological episodes.. they diagnosed me with all kinds of shit.. I was seeing therapists and psychiatrists and psychologists and shit for years. I even spent a stint in a crazy house. They put me on all that shit too.. wellbutrin, paxil, prozac, zoloft, depakote, zyprexa.. you name it, I was fucking on it at one point or another. None of it did any good.. in fact for me it made shit a lot worse. I stopped taking all that shit of my own free will because it was fucking with me really bad.. against the will of my shrinks. And you know what....

Turned out all my depression and anxiety and shit, was just a direct result of my shitty environment and a bad diet, and bad thought patterns. It was just a temporary phase of my existence, it wasn't some fucked up brain chemistry like they kept trying to shove into my head. I never liked those damn shrinks anyway.. 95% of them don't give a FUCK about you or your issues. They are just there to collect their $200 an hour and shove half the pharmaceutical industry down your neck. They don't fix the problem, they just create more.

Now this is all just speaking my opinion, based on my personal experience. I can't speak for anyone but myself. But I tell you what, I haven't taken one of those pills in over 8 years and I'm quite content with my life. In my opinion, it is much better to try and heal yourself.. some random person isn't going to be able to tell you how to fix your own brain, I don't care how many degrees they have or how much you pay them.. they aren't you. Especially if they are not to be trusted like most psychiatrists I know aren't. But again, that's just my opinion. I know some people have been helped by the psychiatric institution of America... not me.. it scarred me and left me with nothing but disgust and contempt for it. They are just thugs.. official pill pushers backed by the government.

If it were me, I would try more natural, tried-and-true approaches to healing. There are many methods for helping anxiety and insomnia.. diet is the first thing I would look at.. there are also herbs that can help very well with those things. Then you could look at your thoughts, since that's where it all comes from. Find the source of the anxiety. Make peace with it. Meditation can be immensely helpful. Just make peace with yourself. If you still need/want the pills and you think that will help, then by all means.. but I'm just giving you my advice based on my experience. They aren't going to fix the root of the problem. Chemical alteration can indeed help.. but ultimately the change comes from you and your perception of things.

That's just my 2 cents. Take it with a grain of salt.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8220189 -

I'm goin to a psychiatrist soon to get on some adhd med pref. adderall as its the most effective ime.

if he wants me to get off of my klonopins then im bouncin out n not goin back.

bouncing around on meds does suck so bad and it definetly puts a damper on your brain.


--------------------
Feed Your Head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists *DELETED* [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8220200 -

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?



--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Shroomism]
    #8220234 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Chemy]
    #8220255 -

My job drug tests me ever since I had to take off a couple of weeks for rehab (opiate addiction). I can't smoke or even take klonopins on my own for fear of being fired (and I love my job).


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: Chemy]
    #8220274 -

Chemy said:
Self medicating with indica would work better than those pharms IMO.

Support your local good guy ethical weed dude, don't support that douchebag that pays off the FDA to put his poison on the market.




Amen.


--------------------
SPAWN CALCULATOR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8220331 -

dude fuck that noise for real.

dont take those fucking pills.

and dont go to a therpist either.

oh and do not take those fucking pills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck psychiatrists [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #8220382 -

GGreatOne234 said:
dude fuck that noise for real.

dont take those fucking pills.

and dont go to a therpist either.

oh and do not take those fucking pills.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Im going to see a psychiatrist....opinions please? phishytrip 2,738 17 02/23/05 12:15 PM
by niteowl
* Fucking.
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 9,260 36 08/29/03 04:46 AM
by geokills
* Fuck PETA!
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 7,312 45 12/19/03 08:48 PM
by Adom
* am I fucked?.... need advice Turd 2,673 11 04/03/04 06:42 PM
by enotake2
* fucking scary creature
( 1 2 3 all )
Lazerouth 9,731 55 09/30/03 02:55 AM
by DankBluntZ
* Fucking lady upstairs!
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 7,902 29 03/24/03 10:00 AM
by Killjoy
* Fucking people that eat all of your fucking food MOTH 1,625 11 03/15/04 07:38 PM
by Ripple
* Shroomery smileys are all fucked up Flux 1,040 11 06/03/04 04:34 PM
by Requiem

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,059 topic views. 6 members, 19 guests and 153 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.