Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How important is team unity to you at work?
    #8157171 -

One good thing about me being unemployed now, is that I no longer have to work with one or two difficult people in my department anymore. In my HR department, there were four of us. My boss and one of my co-workers were extremely good at their jobs, but they seemed to have no concept of team unity. Those two people (my boss in particular) have forgotten more about HR than I will ever know. But in my opinion, they missed the big picture because they didn't really care about people and they didn't seem to see much importance in the team working together as one. This always drove me nuts. Team unity should be the foundation of any work place in my opinion. Team unity should be one of the top priorities. My co-workers were both very intelligent people and were very knowledgeable about their jobs, but they had their priorities screwed up, in my opinion.

How important is team unity for you at work? How much effort do you put into keeping everything chill with you and your co-workers? How careful are you about what you say and how you say it at work?








--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: Learyfan]
    #8157193 -

Where I work it's really like an extended family. Not to say there isn't drama, but a big part of who gets hired is how well they fit into the family, if they're a [Company Name] type of person.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8157646 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Where I work it's really like an extended family. Not to say there isn't drama, but a big part of who gets hired is how well they fit into the family, if they're a [Company Name] type of person.



You're lucky. Don't you agree that my boss and my co-worker were missing one of the most important aspects of being an HR professional? I'm kinda sad that they weren't able to see the benefit in being unified. I could have taught them a lot about that and they could have taught me a lot about HR. I feel that even though I'm human like everyone else, my understanding of the importance of team unity is just as big an asset as having years of HR knowledge under your belt.








--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: Learyfan]
    #8157688 -

i wouldn't work in an office like that. In any corporation corporate culture is a very important aspect of how the company works. If bosses and managers don't give a shit about the people working for them it'd be a miracle anything got done or that employee morale would be high.

People who think that their work is meaningless will be less productive and not care about moving the company forward or keeping on track with projects. Employees who are motivated and feel important will put forth their best work.

I'd rather work in a company where i know i'd be recognized for my accomplishments.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: coda]
    #8157955 -

Very true, dude. Feeling that you're a part of something is a prime motivating factor. I always just felt like we were 4 people instead of a team. At the job I had before this one, my peers and I were very respectful of one another. We all had a great understanding of how to deal with each other. I really miss that comfort.









--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: Learyfan]
    #8158056 -

Unfortunately where I work it's everyone against the boss. He inherited the business from his parents and most of us know more about it than him. Oh well, what can you do?


--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: myshoesarered]
    #8158079 -

Quote:
most of us know more about it than him.



Dangerous position to be in. Superiors HATE it when their subordinates are more intelligent then they are. I was fired from two jobs because i knew more then my bosses did and they had been working in the IT field for almost 30 years.

It still boggles my mind to this day that my one boss was absolutely CONVINCED his outlook server didn't need any AV protection. Well, after i proved him wrong, cleaned the server of over 1000 copies of the iloveyou virus, removed several backdoor programs, and brought it back up to full speed i was let go. Apparently he couldn't handle the fact that someone who was 17 knew how to administer a network better then him.

Quote:
always just felt like we were 4 people instead of a team.



Yah, i understand that. I think the worst part about it is that the one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. So if you're working on a project on a team but not communicating, things never get done right and you almost always have to go back and reconfigure.

As much as i HATE doing group work in my college courses i absolutely agree that learning how to work as a team is essential to surviving in the business world. Problem is IRL people actually care about the work (most times) and do it. Kids in college usually don't give a fuck and do as little as possible to get by and earn a grade. It annoys me to no end, i usually end up doing most of the work just to make sure it gets done right.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: coda]
    #8158122 -

Yup, we all just let him go off on his own little adventures and watch the business go to shit. It beats getting fired. It was funny when he took a 3 week trip to St. Lucia, bought a boat, and bought a motorcycle... Merchandise prices went up by about a dollar apiece because his dumbass almost bankrupted the business.


--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: myshoesarered]
    #8158135 -

yah, when shit like that happens your time is best spent at work looking for other jobs :wink:  Also a good time to get rid of any stock or options you have with the company as well :laugh:

Lucky for me all of my IT jobs were in stable companies, i really liked my job over at BIA but it was only a long term temp job.  If i could find a company like that to work for again i'd do it in a heartbeat.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: coda]
    #8158145 -

Yeah, everyone who hasn't settled into permanence is making themselves available for other employers. You can tell when your paychecks are about to bounce..


--------------------
"What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun,
and when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud,
I'll be laughing at everyone I see,
Can't believe, how strange it is to be anything at all..."

"...nobody has yet died of amazement & you always come back to planet Earth..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: myshoesarered]
    #8158171 -

That word team unity terrifies me for some reason. Though its essential in any business environment really. I just can't stand being stuck with someone who does a half-assed job.

Best example I can think of right now is the fast-food/restaurant business. If you have to work with someone who clearly doesn't take any pride in their work, it makes your day a real nightmare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: Irdamage]
    #14147714 -

Irdamage said:
That word team unity terrifies me for some reason. Though its essential in any business environment really.  I just can't stand being stuck with someone who does a half-assed job.

Best example I can think of right now is the fast-food/restaurant business. If you have to work with someone who clearly doesn't take any pride in their work, it makes your day a real nightmare.



I understand. I think working with people is kinda like sharing a house, or a relationship. Like.. one of your takes out the garbage, the other does the dishes. There needs to be a trust that if I do one, you must do the other, or atleast make the effort. Especially if I'm paying your ass for it. I'm not sure really. I think the work place depends on the corporation and who owns it. I am reading up on a philosopher, Marx, who believes that the work place should be a complete democracy. Like we all put in our thoughts to make the business better, and you have no thoughts or cares, why the fuck be part of it. ie, The whole team at my job hates this one department manager. She lacks effort, brains, and well not to be rude, but professional appearance. She's this manager who does major things in the company, like contests, that she's participating in already, and won't tell anyone until 3 days later. It's beat. I mean. A relationship at work is like any other relationship.
You don't quite need love,
But trust, and care just to take something not so great, and Improve it.

The good thing about jobs though, vs. a roomie, sibling, or husband: you can fire them. ;D


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: timmyonx]
    #14147768 -

I never had problems with any of my co-workers, it's always been management. Either they are completely ignorant or slack off entirely. Currently I have one that's both. I hate people taking credit for others hard work.

Sad part about it is I always seem to move into that position. Since I have a good work ethic and very skilled at what I do, upper management tries to use me and make me do more than the slack-off's for the same pay.

I can never win.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #14147780 -

team unity does not exist at my place of employment.

for example: i called the receptionist and asked for myself and she said i didnt work there... been there 5+ years.

however i do believe team work, smiles, and windows do go a long way in a business model.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How important is team unity to you at work? [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #14147813 -

ComputerTekGuy said:
Sad part about it is I always seem to move into that position. Since I have a good work ethic and very skilled at what I do, upper management tries to use me and make me do more than the slack-off's for the same pay.

I can never win.



Lol. I feel the same way. I always believed that asshole behavior came with power, but perhaps we can change that. ;/


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sex & Relationship Advice
( 1 2 all )
Brukan 10,451 34 11/08/02 10:50 AM
by Roger_irrelevant
* Co-Worker Found Dead :(
( 1 2 all )
Sammi 3,386 23 08/21/03 11:55 AM
by TheHobbit
* I got in a relationship high
( 1 2 all )
bomber101 1,682 25 06/01/05 10:50 PM
by lilbilski4life
* AHH i hate relationships Notsofew 504 6 03/13/05 07:14 PM
by Roadkill
* Ohhhhhh yea, my new co-worker Silven 707 6 11/10/04 08:29 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Warning , very important!!!!!! Urb 638 3 06/29/03 08:14 PM
by Papaver
* Anybody ever been in a taboo relationship?
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 7,766 29 04/26/05 12:03 AM
by batou
* The end of a long term relationship
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,444 26 11/12/04 10:12 PM
by BillytheKid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
723 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.