Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Potential injury from exercise?
    #8097624 -

Hi,

For the last two weeks I've been getting a tickling sensuation in the lower right corner of my left shoulder blade. I've now noticed this is antagonised when performing 3 exercises from my routine.

How should I approach solving this problem? I fear it will develop into something more serious and I'll have to stop exercising. My first thought is to stop for a week or two.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: hdo3hc]
    #8098511 -

stop exercising. something is injured. you have to let it heal. keep exercising, just not anything that causes that pain. at least a week or two rest.

then slowly get back into exercising that area. stretch it well after it is healed before exercising as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8102071 -

I've booked a therapeutic massage. Even if it doesn't help it will feel good!

Definitely gonna stop until it goes away.

ta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: hdo3hc]
    #8118647 -

Keep eating well, rest good and mind your posture. I would do light aerobic exercising like walking daily, twice if you can. It'll get the blood moving and can help aid recovery... you don't want to turn to bed rest or anything because it can irritate the shoulder a fair bit.

Avoid pushing movements for a while. Shoulders are so easy to hurt. Don't ever do exercises that place too much unnecessary stress on the shoulder joints. I see guys doing behind-the-neck presses because they saw advanced lifters do them and I cower... ouch. If you can't do it, don't force it. And if something doesn't feel right, don't do it. It's just not worth it. You might want to seek professional help depending on the degree of injury.


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: hdo3hc]
    #8118742 -

b0blet said:
I've booked a therapeutic massage. Even if it doesn't help it will feel good!

Definitely gonna stop until it goes away.

ta



:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: hdo3hc]
    #8127193 -

I would like to hear what exercise you're performing that causes this sensation. I know quite a few people who are unintentionally performing exercises that put way too much stress of their rotary cuff and experience similar symptoms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Potential injury from exercise? [Re: hdo3hc]
    #8127571 -

lay off it for a little while, up to 6 weeks, depending on how badly you've injured the area

i pulled a bunch of muscles in my lower back over the summer from working out. ignored the tiny tinges of discomfort that began, and then ended up with inflamed muscles that were pushing on my discs


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* broken ankle,tell me about your injuries willo 1,669 18 03/01/07 06:01 AM
by willo
* Back injury -- how to heal? adamj 1,217 10 05/26/06 03:45 PM
by Icelander
* self injury Anonymous 1,081 5 12/28/07 04:54 PM
by Ole Field Trashe
* Injury rehab: working out math7 1,144 4 05/21/07 09:08 PM
by RoachMan
* Just had two girls in my bed...couldn't "perform." PowerTrip 1,104 7 06/15/05 09:43 PM
by Ravus
* Potential good news for Potential alkies. gregorio 710 6 06/21/06 03:40 AM
by WIZOLZ
* Couldn't perform ClammyJoe 1,139 10 02/28/06 08:44 AM
by Newbie
* Am I a Potential Sugar Mama??? (need a guy's perspective on this) *DELETED* sadspacemonkey 1,028 6 08/07/07 02:52 PM
by sadspacemonkey

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,126 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.