Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Casing for first attempt?
    #801630 - 08/07/02 05:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking of casing with manure and some other things, anyone have suggestions? I was also gonna do the cake method to...This will be my first attempt so any suggests would be greatly appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblediseased
Stranger
Re: Casing for first attempt? [Re: ]
    #801681 - 08/07/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

get some scotts 3 in 1. i just used this for the first time bulk substrate. it colonized in 5 days mixed 50/50 with crumbled cakes. i used it straight from the bag, just added about 1/4 cup of water to a full flower pot worth. i suspect this shit is Extremely resistant to contamination due to the amount of beneficial organisms in it. its supposedly "profesional" quality, from reading the back of the bag, so i would say it was probably composted within the pastuerization temps. then it sits in the bag to let those beneficial organisms multiply. i was actually afraid to pastuerize it myself b/c i didnt want to ruin a good thing (dont fix it if its not broke).
im in love with this shit!
casing is the most simple thing in the world, dont let everyone scare you out of it. i did it my first time and was successful. just watch your humidity and becareful of overlay. good luck

Anonymous

Re: Casing for first attempt? [Re: ]
    #801709 - 08/07/02 05:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

How should i take care of overlay, and should i add a layer ontop of the 50/50 mix...? i forgot what people told me to lay over top of it. How much does a bag of it cost?, and about what temp, humidity should i use? do you use perlite for humidity or a humidifer? also, about how many cases in your terrarium do you use?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder