Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
My Shit Smells Better
    #801197 - 08/07/02 12:16 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Dozens would gather on the streets this morning, as they?ve done every morning since before any of them could remember. There would be perhaps an hour of silence before the shouting would begin, before the heart-felt ramblings start to pour out into the streets getting louder and louder as each contestant tried to outmatch there opponents in volume, as if this would somehow drive the point across more persuasively. It would begin as a murmur, a tiny protest, but it had to start somewhere. ?my shit smells better? The words would be echoed by the closest, spreading out, getting louder. ?My shit smells better than yours? Even more would join the roar, adding there own variations to the mix. Straining individuality, in an ocean of people that were exactly the same. ?MY shit, smells BETTER than YOURS does? ?No! It is my shit that smells better.?

It is self-evident a person would argue, that his own shit was superior in smell. All one had to do to see the truth was take a whiff of there own and a whiff of his? and they would come to the immediate realization that he had always come to? Nevertheless, he would always dumbfounded when the other would still pick there own shit over his. ?What a stupid person you must be!? ?What problems you must have with your olfaction? and other dismissals he?d scream to all those that held on to there own opinion after the undeniable truth.

?MY SHIT SMELLS BETTER! REPENT NOW, STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES. I ALONE HAVE THE ONE TRUE SHIT!? On and on it went until all where exhausted. All voices harsh, the day had been shot. And after all that effort each exerted, like so many other days, not one admitting to there own shit smelling foul. Not one conceding to anothers shit smelling better. So they disperse, shuffling along the concrete? going back to their homes were each would kneel before their porcelain idols? Reaffirming how right they are, and how wrong everyone else is through aroma therapy. How could so many people be so closed minded and completely ignorant of the facts, each would wonder. Some would weep? Some would search for strength? All would sleep on the fuzzy rug in front of the toilet, they would need there rest? for tomorrow.

A cookie to those that understood:

May your days be filled with happiness!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePaleE
journeyman

Loc: Who are you? And why do ...
Re: My Shit Smells Better [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #801207 - 08/07/02 12:36 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

indeed...
reminds me of a line from an old (and very cool) tv show...called Picket Fences...
"religion is like farts...yours smells good, everbody else's smells bad"

Weird parallel to the nature of conceptualself, that's for sure....

Even my most rank and GIODawful shit's have been scented like poises to mah olfaltory compared to anybody elses...
I will fix this..

I will appriciate the shit of 'all' as if it had peeked through the very veil of mine own anus...as if had been treted by the very spa of my colon....
With great joy will i savor the scents....

I don't think i'll ever be strong enough to appriciate the shit of 'all' to the point of eating it. hmmmm....
maybe, like tofu, it's all in proper preperation....

I'm off to look for a busy public washroom to perfect this spiritual technique....

Thx,
the pale e

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: My Shit Smells Better [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #801313 - 08/07/02 02:54 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

A famous saying goes..."Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one". I always say "opinions are like assholes...MINE IS THE BEST!!!".

I say excellent post...really excellent. I like how shit is a euphemism for religion/opinions.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Anonymous

Re: My Shit Smells Better [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #801633 - 08/07/02 07:11 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

if people in this forum argued to gain a better understanding this would be a better place to visit. but, most people post in order to out shine others with thier prepackaged wit and 10,000 dollar intelligence. or they post to stir up unproductive argument..i'm thinking of the user, enter, in particular. i really don't think you can discuss spiritual/philosophic matters through a forum anyway. it's hard enough to do via chat.

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: My Shit Smells Better [Re: ]
    #801836 - 08/07/02 08:53 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Entertaining post

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: My Shit Smells Better [Re: ]
    #802841 - 08/07/02 05:14 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

if people in this forum argued to gain a better understanding this would be a better place to visit. but, most people post in order to out shine others with thier prepackaged wit and 10,000 dollar intelligence. or they post to stir up unproductive argument..i'm thinking of the user, enter, in particular. i really don't think you can discuss spiritual/philosophic matters through a forum anyway. it's hard enough to do via chat.

Don't loose faith, I think some people here are more open to discussion than it seems. Often those with strong opinions are the loudest, yet not the greatest in number. For instance, how many times have you heard people who believe in aliens get totally flamed, yet when I did a pole in this message board to find out how many people believed in them, only about 15% of people said they did NOT believe in aliens, yet they were the most vocal...Food for thought...

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology