Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Genealogy
    #7985983 -

I've suddenly become very interested in finding out who my ancestors were.  How many of you have done this?  What services did you use?  Can it be done without paying a genealogy company?  I haven't done any research yet, I just wanted to see if anyone could point my in a useful direction.

Please, share your experiences.  :smile:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Genealogy [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7986002 -

Do you have any grandparents still alive? or parents?

They can be great resources. My grandma remembers three generations above her in good detail. Often times, old people keep good records too. If you could get back just a couple of generations, you might be able to research with libraries, and what not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Genealogy [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #7986027 -

I was gonna say the same my grandma had a picture of one of my relatives that fought in the civil war hanging on the wall and was able to tell me stories about him even though she obviously never knew him, story was he died in his wife's arms when he got off the train returning from the war from an injury. Grandparents are usually very good with that stuff. They even had eye glasses from the 20's, tobacco container with tobacco still in it from the same period plus pennies 100 years old, I still have some Indian head pennies.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Genealogy [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #7986030 -

Both parents and both grandmothers are alive. I will interview them all.

I want to fill in the blanks in my family tree, then try and find as much out about them as possible.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Genealogy [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #7986033 -

My Grandma hired a Genealogist (A guy who is basically obesessed with who fucked who, right?) It costed like upwards of 800 bucks; I don't know where she went or anything, or what company it was, so I'm useless in that department.

We found out: There are Four knighted people in my lineage, and one of which is Sir Francis Drake! Makes since I'm into exploration. And fucking with anything Spanish Armada.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Genealogy [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7986102 -

My ancestors were scattered all over the globe.
Most of them have passed on by now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My grandma who I've taken care of everyday will die any day now,I'm sad Update:
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Seriously_trippin 3,855 61 08/14/15 03:32 PM
by Seriously_trippin
* Fascinated by genealogy Lion 356 6 11/12/10 11:17 AM
by Lion
* rest in peace: grandma maxwell Gr8fulJ420 565 2 06/12/08 06:18 PM
by KetamineKatalyst
* Eccentric Grandparents... highowl 292 0 01/01/14 06:56 AM
by highowl
* Grandma appreciation thread PsychedelicLife 852 11 12/31/13 07:30 PM
by Polk_Audio3
* just found something out about my grandparents
( 1 2 all )
itchmynipple 1,526 23 12/03/12 09:14 AM
by koods
* My Grandma drives me fucking nuts......
( 1 2 3 all )
Almond Flour 4,778 43 02/26/09 01:42 PM
by Opioid
* Grandma died today.
( 1 2 all )
Shroomslip 2,831 38 12/17/14 04:48 PM
by Enlil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
445 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.