Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Terrarium Help Someone plz help!!!! really need*
    #798085 - 08/05/02 02:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I bought a Vicks Cool air humidifer,I then went to lowes and got a 2 inch tube that was about 2 feet long for like 5 bucks, a timer, and some silicon to seal up all the cracks. It works great. I never have to fan now so now all do is just watchimy babies grow.

- What would the timer before, and how would i hook the hose up to the humidifer, then to the terrarium, does anyone have any pictures of some good terrariums using the vicks cool humidifer, also how do i keep the temperature in the terrarium at a medium for the things to grow. And what would be the best way for the setup to do 10 cakes or so?.. Thanks for help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Terrarium Help Someone plz help!!!! really need* [Re: ]
    #798104 - 08/05/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Would someone please post an answer, i know its a simple question and i should know it but jeez =/

Anonymous

#798154 - 08/05/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Alright 14 views and no answer, come on would someone please answer the question so i could go on my marry way =) Thanks

OfflineCubies4Me
Child of theShroom

Loc: Another Realm
    #798164 - 08/05/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

search for an answer and dont be annoying by posting 3 times in an hour. I dont use a terrarium setup but I have seen many pictures and step by step guides so just search a littlew bit and relax...an hour or two wont make a huge difference in ur shrooms

--------------------
:tongue:
  Livin comfortably numb, always and forever.

Anonymous

#798166 - 08/05/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What do you use?... Thanks for the suggestion, other then dont be annoying =/ but anyhow ^_^

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #798177 - 08/05/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, im the one who posted that. The timer is to set the humidifier on for 10 min. then off for 4 1/2 hours and back on for 10 min. and repeat that all day. To hook up the hose, I just got a hole in the cool mist to fit the tub size. Put the tube in and sealed with silicon and then cover up the original hole the vapor comes out at. Then just cut another hole in your terrain for the other end of the hose and your done.

"also how do i keep the temperature in the terrarium at a medium for the things to grow."

The normal temp in my house is 75 so its fine. Just do a search on vicks coolmist and you will see some pics of other peoples setups. The search engine helps out a lot.

Anonymous

Re: Terrarium Help Someone plz help!!!! really need* [Re: Killa420]
    #798181 - 08/05/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The only reason i didnt use the search , is because it didnt work the first few times

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #798197 - 08/05/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I hooked my Vicks ultrasonic humidifier to my terrarium with 1/2" vinyl tubing. I just pushed the tubing into the inside of a funnel and put that inside the opening on top of the humidifier. Then I drilled a hole in the side of the terrarium a little smaller than the tube and pushed it through. I then drilled two 1/4 inch holes in the bottom for drainage and air flow and placed a pan underneath to catch the water. It seals well enough to hold in the humidity. You could put the funnel on upside down and tape it on with duct tape or seal it with silicone if you're worried about contamination, but I put mine right side up (the way it would normally be used). I don't get a perfect seal, but most humidifiers put out so much humidity that you really don't need all of it. Anyway, the leakage goes into the closet and raises the ambient humidity a bit. Also, I can easily take everything apart once a week and fully clean and sterilize it per the humidifier instructions and there are no permanent modifications to the humidifier.
I'm not sure what your question is about the timer. I bought one that has 15 minute settings. Unless you're humidifying a whole closet you'll need to turn the humidifier on and off so the cakes don't get too much water on them. So far I've been running mine 15 minutes every 3 hours and my terrarium always has condensation in it. Depending on your setup, ambient humidity, etc. you may need to time yours differently. Just experiment with it for a few days before you put your cakes in to see what works best. Sorry I haven't got any pictures. I need to go get a digital camera.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Re: Terrarium Help Someone plz help!!!! really need* [Re: funwithgus]
    #798209 - 08/05/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yea I forgot to say put some holes at the bottom for some air flow covered with polyfill.

Anonymous

#798213 - 08/05/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Right one more question what kind of timer should i get, and how do i use it? hook it up etc. ? sorry its a stupid question but i rather get them before i get all the supplys to do it, so i can be ready

Anonymous

#798215 - 08/05/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What is the best way to go about experimenting?

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
    #798231 - 08/05/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The timers will come with directions. There really easy to use. I bought a digital one because I dont like the ones that go around on a dial. Everytime I use to get one of those when I grew herb, they always would go slow and screw up. I went through three timers in 3 months so this time I just got the digital one.

Dont start expierementing untill you have had some successful grows.

Anonymous

#798238 - 08/05/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i meant how do i go about experimenting to see how i have to time my humidifer

Anonymous

#798246 - 08/05/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

about how much should i get *ABOUT* out of a yield

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
    #798261 - 08/05/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You will have to get a hygrometer and see what the humidity does when it on for however long then shut it off and watch how long it stays like that untill it starts dropping below 85.

No one can tell you how much you are going to yeild so just try it out and find out for yourself.

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #798449 - 08/05/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't want to but a hygrometer (humidity gauge) you can roughly judge by how much condensation forms in the terrarium. You want some condensation on the walls, but not so much that you have water dripping all over the place. This is a rough estimate though because how much condensation forms depends on how cool it is outside of the terrarium.
As for the timer, I got mine at Wal-mart for about $10. It is an analog one with a bunch of little pins around the edge. Each one represents 15 minutes. You just push the pins out at what times you want the humidifier to go on. So far I've had no problems with it.
Set it up how you'll have it set up with cakes and see how it works. If there's too much humidity, run the humidifier less, like 15 minutes every 4 hours or if there's not enough humidity run it 15 minutes every 2 hours Every setup and environment is unique so you'll have to find out what works best for you.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies