Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #7911527 -

Hahah, well... ok. A good place to start is trying to identify where your anxiety comes from and how it started. Is your anxiety a reasonable response to a truly threatening situation or is it based on an exaggerated or untrue belief about something? Maybe it's a little bit of both. Understanding what it's about is a major part of dissipating it. Try thinking about alternate interpretations of the sorts of situations that cause your anxiety, different ways you could interact with the situation. Another part of it is giving yourself a break, accepting that you are the person you are and that it's nothing to be ashamed of. Breathe. Figure out what sorts of things relax you, and try and do them or think about them when you are anxious. You can also visualize the anxious energy transforming into something else. I used to think of it as lightning in the pit of my stomache that I would send out my feet and hands. Or I'd think of the fear transforming into excitement and imagine it flowing out of me instead of getting stuck in my stomache. Whatever works for you might be different than what worked for me, but self reflection and a commitment to yourself is the essential first ingredient.

I guess I don't really have much to say about myself other than that I used to be an anxious spazzcase and now I'm pretty grounded for the most part, and that I worked through it pretty much on my own. Although I did have really good supportive friends which was a major help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7911772 -

i love what you've got to say. i need to always keep these things in mind when i'm starting to feel anxious. i don't see how it wouldn't help.

i think supportive friends is what i lack. that's why i come to shroomery :P
which, of course, stems from anxiety.

what am i afraid of?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #7913046 -

It's a self perpetuating cycle. Social anxieties make it difficult to develop supportive, nurturing friendships and social difficulties affirm the anxiety. It's important to try and step out of the cycle and observe how one thing triggers another. Then it's important to try and challenge both the assumptions and thoughts that support the anxiety and the behaviour that causes it to be reaffirmed.

I hope this helps! If you're in school you probably have access to free counselling. Having an outside observer help you identify these things can be a great help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #7919331 -

So jellyfish, you say that you are prescribed Adderall. I'm assuming that you've been diagnosed with ADHD in the past. Is this true?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: JRayV]
    #7920608 -

i was prescribed a few years ago. as well as a long time ago.
i think my ADD is just my anxiety.
the only reason i get distracted and can't pay attention is because i'm feeling anxious..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #7921054 -

Ya know, there are alot of people who share those characteristics, and you'd be suprised to know at what we all have in common. I'll send you a PM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: JRayV]
    #7921083 -

I just smoked over this kids house that I lived with last year in the dorms and I got stupidly anxious. I could not peice together a coherent though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: Tangerines]
    #7923149 -

quit weed totally, best decision i took for years.


--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: ohmatic]
    #7924223 -

yeah, i think i'm just going to do that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #7925317 -

weird shit, in the past few years I hear more and more about folks getting noid after smoking pot, It very rarely happens to me, infact one of the main reasons I smoke is to relax and kill the anxiety. I find being with others and talking about goofy shit really helps, mainly being goofy and trying to get one another to laugh really helps. Thats my goal when I smoke, to basically laugh my ass off, add a whole new potentiastion aspect to the ganja.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: increased anxiety while stoned [Re: Silver Jay]
    #7928131 -

Silver Jay said:
weird shit, in the past few years I hear more and more about folks getting noid after smoking pot



its called getting older.

its simply not what it used to be.


--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Phone Anxiety and Intimid PuZuZu 1,182 10 09/01/05 04:43 PM
by leery11
* Anxiety
( 1 2 all )
Gillette 5,154 38 08/10/05 03:07 PM
by badchad
* Social Anxiety from HELL
( 1 2 3 4 all )
XUL 8,449 61 08/18/13 01:31 PM
by nhmi
* Anxiety Mushie_Man 1,731 14 12/05/05 01:14 PM
by n0xious
* Anxiety, How it is caused, How it can be FIXED p4kSouL 2,488 13 08/21/05 11:33 AM
by StrangerDanger
* Dealing with Anxiety/Paranoia asd11 1,627 8 12/26/04 07:35 PM
by Slite
* Regular anxiety/panic episodes TODAY 1,718 7 08/22/16 11:20 AM
by Moonshoe
* Best drug for social anxiety (help please)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mickel 17,988 63 05/21/03 09:00 PM
by SBTlauien

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,895 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.