Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

azurescens season
    #791100 - 08/01/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

when does the season start i searched and couldnt find anything last year my friends just told me they were there and that was like november. does anyone that actully picks them know no just what the book says

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: azurescens season [Re: ]
    #791228 - 08/01/02 05:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

As far as I remember people started finding them around late September all the way till December(or the first freeze). You're only going to find them in the Pacific North West though. If you live anywhere else, looking for them would be a lost cause.

Anonymous

Re: azurescens season [Re: Gumby]
    #791250 - 08/01/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yep i live like about 35 to 45 minutes from the coast never knew i was so lucky until last year before that it was liberty caps all the way whens the season for them about the same or what

Anonymous

Re: azurescens season [Re: Gumby]
    #791291 - 08/01/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #791298 - 08/01/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

the book. according to Stamets.

"fruitings begin in late septemberand continue until late after the first frost, often into late december and early january."

in another place, he mentions that you are looking for a certain habitat that typiclly exists within about a thousand yards of the pacific ocean in the northwest.

from my personal experiance, the type of weather you want is a wind driven misty fog with no sunshine for a minimum of a week on end, this is often found during the time mentioned in the pacific northwest. i have personally made collections way outside the time mentioned, but this was during an exceptionaly wet year.

Anonymous

Re: azurescens season [Re: tchyted]
    #791309 - 08/01/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

right on man i just was wondering when everyone else started lookin for them so i could too

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
    #791322 - 08/01/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If it is one thing that I have learned...always look, with certain exceptions of course...don't wait until other people are going to looking because it said so in a book...mushrooms are living things...most living things will find a way to behave how they are not supposed to. I mean I have found mushrooms growing in Canada, Ontario/Quebec in december..they should have been long dead by then because of the cold...but it was warmer than normal, and wet...so they grew.

Just a short while ago someone here found liberty caps growing in July in Scotland so hey, look for mushies always.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

Re: azurescens season [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #791394 - 08/01/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

if it was closer i would its a little under a hour and none of my friends wanna go to the beach ta hangout ya cant even see any hotchicks let alone mushies

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #791766 - 08/02/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Mr. Mushroom,

Well the P. azzurescens in Ohio are in someones back yark. They grow for a few years and then are gone. This species has also been transplanted to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France Amsterdam and grown outdoors but always in private places and then again when the spawn run is through that is it unless youd oanother transplant.

Spores do not make a mushroom grow just becasue someone planted them in another place does not mean that they wiull naturally spread out from there.

John

Example. I pick shrooms in quantity on one lawn, cross the street and walk in another lawn. No shrooms ever appear in the other lawns.

Stamets wrote about spreading the spores that wayt but rare if at all.

Anonymous

Re: azurescens season [Re: mjshroomer]
    #791900 - 08/02/02 04:32 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Anonymous

#792212 - 08/02/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i dont know what you consider rare but i found at least a oz dry every time i go and there is always at least one or two people down there also

Anonymous

#792521 - 08/02/02 10:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #793012 - 08/02/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

distinguishing factors between P. cyan and P. azure

azures have less of a propensity to form a wavy upturned cap, there is more often a more distinct umbo, they generally stand a bit taller, and are less cespitose. azures are more likely to be found in sandy soil amoungst tall grasses, while cyans more exclusivly grow on wood or in clay type soil.

Anonymous

#793463 - 08/02/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yep i found mine in the dune grasses ya gotta dig man dig deep and i found them under ferns also

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #796862 - 08/04/02 11:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for the tip about the clay soil. I will case my outdoor Psilocybe cyanescens beds in fresh Kitty Litter which is baked clay.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #796917 - 08/05/02 02:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale