Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Why can't my salvia pull it together?
    #790666 -

I have had my salvia for about three-four weeks now. It doesn't look like it is dying but all the leaves keep falling off and/or suffer from leaf burn. What is going on with my plant? I fert. and water regularly. It is well drained. It has not grown any since receiving it. I know they go through a period of shock after being mailed but shouldn't it be over that by now? Are there any tricks of the trade to get my salvia to be a slve to my every wish? HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Thank you


--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why can't my salvia pull it together? [Re: chemkid]
    #790954 -

I wouldn't have fertilized it until it looked happy, but that's just me.

Is it in a tent? Do you have some Pro-tekt to supplement it with? Do you talk to her?

-psyco



--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why can't my salvia pull it together? [Re: psyconaut]
    #790967 -

i hope your not giving itto much direct sunlight. thats usually what makes the leaves do that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why can't my salvia pull it together? [Re: ]
    #791004 -

Leaf burn is just a sign of overall stress, not necessarily too much sunlight. Infact, the leaves of salvia normally turn YELLOW in too much light or too much water.

My money is on it not being humid enough. Build a tent if you don't have one....spraying a plant does not create the same environment as high ambient humidity!

-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why can't my salvia pull it together? [Re: psyconaut]
    #791635 -

I grow indoors so it's definitely not the sunlight (I use blue grow lights).
I don't have a humidity tent though. Maybe I'll try that. I thought after a period of time though they acclimated and didn't need the tent.
I was also worried because I had those annoying bugs flying around my plant so I spryed the plant with a mixture of 95 to 1 water to anti-bacterial soap. So far it seems to have done the trick with the bugs but I hope I didn't poison the plant.


--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why can't my salvia pull it together? [Re: chemkid]
    #791809 -

Acclimatization means slowly lowering the humidity....not just putting them in a low humidity place and waiting to see what happens :-p

I don't know how big your plant is, but one quick tip to create a nice humid environment is to take a jumbo zip-loc bag, sprary the inside of the bag, and place it upside down over the entire plant.This'll also discourage the bugs

Remember to still mist a couple of times a day.



-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia Divinorum - High humidity v low SalviaEngland 4,811 3 04/22/02 10:19 AM
by SalviaEngland
* Weening Salvia onto lower humidity environment? zee_werp 820 1 09/14/04 12:44 PM
by Legoulash
* Salvia and grow systems pleezr 716 1 09/04/02 03:29 AM
by neuro
* Color of Salvia leaves(dry) hubertd8 5,151 9 06/21/01 04:07 PM
by hubertd8
* Salvia Grow Operation Pics
( 1 2 all )
Pisces 4,110 33 11/14/04 03:35 PM
by flipzmode
* Fish Tank Air Pump For Salvia Divinorum? AtticMonkey 996 3 05/23/03 03:55 PM
by AtticMonkey
* Salvia cutting turning black Mystiq_Shaman 1,977 3 08/19/04 11:58 AM
by Mystiq_Shaman
* Using a SGFC to Acclimate Salvia D.? Zovers 714 8 04/10/18 01:29 AM
by karode13

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,143 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.