Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

Loc: Midwest
Fish Tank Air Pump For Salvia Divinorum?
    #1566300 - 05/21/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all,
Ive got a couple savia d plants that are in failing health because of a lack of humidity. I went to a garden store a got one of those small greenhouses that you can keep indoors and stuff. But it still doesnt hold much humidity as i had hoped. Could a fish tank bubbler in a glass of water raise the humidity to a better level?

--------------------
Life Is Like A Plate Of Chitlins, Everythings Just Fine Till You Find Out What Your Eatin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Fish Tank Air Pump For Salvia Divinorum? [Re: AtticMonkey]
    #1566308 - 05/21/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think perilite in teh bottom of ur green house would be better.. Or y dont u just mist them with a spray bottle??

OfflineAgarico
arrrf 3 8 7
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Fish Tank Air Pump For Salvia Divinorum? [Re: AtticMonkey]
    #1570782 - 05/22/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think it's needed, how big is the greenhouse related to the plant?
If you're sure it's due to lack of humidity, put a translucent plastic bag with two holes over it until it has become bigger. You are able to adapt salvia to very dry air condition, this only needs to be done gradually.
I'd say mist it once a day for a week or less, then twice a week untill you don't need to mist anymore.

Also watch out not being overwatering the plant, salvia likes high humidity in the air but also likes much air in the soil  :wink:
If you ever see the base of the plant turning brown, take cuttings as soon as possible.

What kind of soil did you use?
I'm having succes with  50%potting soil  30%perlite 20%verm, I  also try to keep soil as dry as possible, giving 1liter water once a week, using 7liter pots.

This is the best I can suggest you to have healthy Salvia :laugh:

OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

Loc: Midwest
Re: Fish Tank Air Pump For Salvia Divinorum? [Re: Agarico]
    #1572613 - 05/23/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The greenhouse isnt all that big, proably about 3' tall, 3' long, and 2' wide. The plants sit nicely in there and have plenty of room. Im guessing its a lack of humidity because the tips of the leaves are getting brown and i read somewhere that its caused by lack of humidity. The soil is a cheap potting soil i got from a dept. store, prolly not the best choice but i didnt figure it would matter. Its possible i have been overwatering it, i had been watering it at least one a day and misting several times a day for a while now. Ill try the bag trick and laying of the watering. Ill let you know how it turns out. Thanks to everyone for there help.  :wink: 

--------------------
Life Is Like A Plate Of Chitlins, Everythings Just Fine Till You Find Out What Your Eatin!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates