Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship
    #7808784 -

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/75787/why-flirting-can-help-your-relationship/

i saw this on the front page of yahoo and it kindof irritated me. i haven't been in a relationship in a long time, but it reminded me of this girl i dated a long time ago that would flirt with all my friends and then say "it's only flirting, it's not like im cheating" when i got pissed. the crazy thing is, i ended up cheating on her because she was always flirting with my friends. not right, but it's just what i did.

what do you all think about this article?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808791 -

I didn't read the entire article but flirting is definitely, in my opinion, healthy. It's one thing to commit yourself to someone and enter into a monogamous affair...it's another thing to cut yourself off from what the excellent fun that is wordplay and social interaction between the sexes when flirting is going on. To just decide, "Ok, I am with this person now, I will not flirt with anyone.." that's just inhuman.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808793 -

bullshit. I had this girl once that always flirted with all my friends and it was fuckin retarded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808798 -

well it depends on what kind of person you are and your partner

my gf and i flat out hit on other ppl in front of each other and neither of us really cares cause were secure enough with each other that we know that neither of us are actually going to act on it


--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: Leinahtan]
    #7808799 -

i find it far more invigorating to flirt with the same sex. it dispels the jealousy factor but still showcases the flirt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7808806 -

OneLessForeskin said:
I didn't read the entire article but flirting is definitely, in my opinion, healthy. It's one thing to commit yourself to someone and enter into a monogamous affair...it's another thing to cut yourself off from what the excellent fun that is wordplay and social interaction between the sexes when flirting is going on. To just decide, "Ok, I am with this person now, I will not flirt with anyone.." that's just inhuman.



so you honestly dont think that flirting is a great way to cheat? are you a male or female? what if your boyfriend/girlfriend was flirting with someone that was slutty and didn't care if a person had a boyfriend/girlfriend? would you like that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808815 -

i just watched you avatar and imagined him saying, "How'd you like that?!" in the context of your response.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: debianlinux]
    #7808820 -

debianlinux said:
i just watched you avatar and imagined him saying, "How'd you like that?!" in the context of your response.



:tongue:

i had 8 grams of cubensis capsuled but im going to wait until tomorrow.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808824 -

LayYouIn said:
OneLessForeskin said:
I didn't read the entire article but flirting is definitely, in my opinion, healthy. It's one thing to commit yourself to someone and enter into a monogamous affair...it's another thing to cut yourself off from what the excellent fun that is wordplay and social interaction between the sexes when flirting is going on. To just decide, "Ok, I am with this person now, I will not flirt with anyone.." that's just inhuman.



so you honestly dont think that flirting is a great way to cheat? are you a male or female? what if your boyfriend/girlfriend was flirting with someone that was slutty and didn't care if a person had a boyfriend/girlfriend? would you like that?



I'm male, and I think that monogamy while a fantastic adventure and interesting institution isn't necessarily "natural" and that we need to each find our own way of being free. Some people cheat - you did. Other people just play with the idea. Of course if a person's head is really into it in a certain way, it's cheating. But I mean, just from the sound of it you sound like you were in a pretty dysfunctional relationship if she's flirting with your friends all the time and then you cheat on her.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808827 -

I had 750ml of port wine.
I didn't wait.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: debianlinux]
    #7808833 -

debianlinux said:
i find it far more invigorating to flirt with the same sex. it dispels the jealousy factor but still showcases the flirt.




most men arent secure enough to flirt with the same sex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7808843 -

you sure do have a perty mouf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7808845 -

OneLessForeskin said:
I'm male, and I think that monogamy while a fantastic adventure and interesting institution isn't necessarily "natural" and that we need to each find our own way of being free. Some people cheat - you did. Other people just play with the idea. Of course if a person's head is really into it in a certain way, it's cheating. But I mean, just from the sound of it you sound like you were in a pretty dysfunctional relationship if she's flirting with your friends all the time and then you cheat on her.



yes, very dysfunctional.

have you ever been in a relationship where you really liked the girl? maybe loved her?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808860 -

Yeah, I just got out of a four and a half year long relationship with a girl I was deeply madly in love with.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7808881 -

OneLessForeskin said:
Yeah, I just got out of a four and a half year long relationship with a girl I was deeply madly in love with.



so, if she was flirting with a guy that you knew was notorious for fucking girls that were in relationships, you would feel fine with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808883 -

Love is not exclusive. Flirting is a playful expression of love. What's wrong with that? I don't get this mindset that if you're "with someone" you can only love and flirt with them and nobody else. Wow, that sounds dull. I agree with Robot's posts wholeheartedly. Monogamy doesn't feel natural, to me anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: debianlinux]
    #7808892 -

debianlinux said:
you sure do have a perty mouf



THEMS FIGHTIN' WERDS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7808898 -

Our relationship was totally secure, and neither of us ever cheated on one another. And both of us respected one another enough that if we'd wanted to cheat on the other, we'd probably just end up telling that person first. She is an extremely intelligent person and even if she "talked to a guy notorious for fucking girls in relationships" why would I have to worry about anything? People can talk all they want. Getting possessive solves nothing.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7808980 -

not to pokew around, but why did the relationship end?


--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Article: Why Flirting Can Help Your Relationship [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #7809021 -

I think relationship articles on yahoo or msn are just plain retarded

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Open vs Monogamy in relationships
( 1 2 all )
kaniz 5,421 30 01/17/15 01:52 PM
by trekie
* What are the point of relationships to you? Thoughts on open relationships? *DELETED* smellycat 1,007 4 12/07/04 07:09 PM
by Vvellum
* Finally, I'm close to my open relationship!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Lightningfractal 9,852 73 09/15/04 04:30 PM
by Captain Jack
* Fucking.
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 9,260 36 08/29/03 04:46 AM
by geokills
* relationship thoughts?
( 1 2 all )
tiny_rabid_birds 3,468 35 10/03/06 02:57 PM
by BIGSWANG
* Sex & Relationship Advice
( 1 2 all )
Brukan 10,451 34 11/08/02 10:50 AM
by Roger_irrelevant
* I flirted with a 15 year old...dirty me
( 1 2 all )
quillini 2,923 32 04/27/06 07:35 PM
by TheHateCamel
* Scary Article Plok 1,224 15 06/19/06 06:54 PM
by kake

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,915 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 164 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.