Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :)
    #779266 - 07/26/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have an idea...

Let's post about something we did today... Just a normal, everyday thing... And find the philosophy in it! I will start:

Today I peeled an orange and ate it. It was big and juicy, and the rind made wonderful tearing noises as I peeled it off the fruit. The fruit itself was crisp and sweet... The taste literally seemed to explode in my mouth!

mmmmmmm.....

The philosophy of it all: Some things in life can have a not-so-great outside, but have a delectable inside! To get to the good part of the orange, you have to peel off and discard the bitter, bad-tasting outside. The same is true for people. You wouldn't simply lick the outside of an orange, decide it is not tasty, and throw it away now would you? Get to the good part... Get to what's inside!

Okay, now you!

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDaBeerLover
Stranger
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #779357 - 07/26/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

heres one,

I stayed and worked tonight until 2am even thought i was off at 10 pm. I know i missed out on some great party's and seeing some old friends tonight.

the reason i sayed was last night i had a dream about my child that is not born yet. this dream was diffirent. I used to have these dreams but now that i am having a kid i feel my self changing.

This is so new to me, but i like it.

maybe someone can help me Find Philosophy with that.

DaBeerLover

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: DaBeerLover]
    #779445 - 07/27/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

so you're spending even more time at work to feed the social machine while your wife is at home with an unborn child while her husband is a workaholic and lives off the illusion that money brings security for his offspring. and so on. fight the man and refuse to enter a new life into this world that relies on illusions of control and the reality of pain and suffering.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: Eightball]
    #779615 - 07/27/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

wow eightball. that was a very asshole thing to say my brother. here is a man who loves his wife and child, and you are telling him it's pointless and he needs to not even bring the baby into this world. not bring a new life into this wonderful blissful place we call the world? why not? there has always been bad in the world. people only think they live in the worst of times. but they never really do. don't find the bad in everything, and the good pops out at you.
i think his philosophy for that should be: sometimes it's easiest to work hard when you're doing it for someone besides yourself. peace braa.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #780486 - 07/27/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This thread went off-topic fast and seems to be plummeting to its death. I started it last night thinking that I would return to it today to find loads of interesting replies. I thought it would be a fun, enlightening, and (for a change around here) argument-free thread! I figured almost everyone who viewed this thread would have something to reply. This is the spirituality and philosophy forum, after all.

It's really not that hard... Just think of a normal, everyday action that you did today, and attach some sort of philosophical meaning to it. It doesn't have to be deep or anything... Hell, my example sure isn't. Just give it a try!

Come on, it'll be fun!

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #780604 - 07/27/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I'll give this a few tries:

The somewhat stoned, dopey-looking clerk aimed his gaze at me. "Do you want sour cream?"

Do I want sour cream? Why would one not want sour cream? We all want sour cream. It can sooth the world and it's hot, greasy edges. "Yes, some sour cream please on top please," I managed through my own tetrahydrocannabic haze.

I pondered the truly immense system of cause and effect that brought me here, to this busy, cavernous food court. Hundreds of hungry homo sapiens convening to eat millions of calories this saturdy afternoon. My pondering was interrupted by the soft, rubbery shoulder of a giant bladder of a woman, wearing her choice of attire for this muggy, overcast, Canadian saturday: a blue flowered moomoo. Or perhaps not a moomoo. Just a regular shirt made to fit an 88-inch bustline. At that point, that immense size, does the shirt become a moomoo? I suppose it is all a word game. Such questions serve no purpose to those who consider themselves above the mundane labels that today's Englsh is composed of. One could call it a moomoo, or a shirt, or a tent, and they would be correct. A moomoo is a moomoo by any other name.

The gelatinous creature continued to invade my personal space, in a manner too bluntly intrusive to expect from the average mallgoer. This blatant disrespect could only be the work of powerful motivations. This fleshsphere simply MUST get by me.

I realized then that my fries with chili and sour cream on top had been ready for quite some time. The bulbous woman's giant bucket of fries was ready as well, and I was clearly obstructing her access to the condiments. At last the powerful force driving her to assault my personal bubble was clear: I was stopping nature dead in its tracks, for a few glorious moments, while I hoarded the condiments.

As I ate the fries, I indulged not only in my wonderful fried pomme de terres, but in the equally sublime mammary glands and gluteus maximii of the women that strolled past in their carefree summer clothes.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #780638 - 07/27/02 04:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lol

That sucked me in, thanks CyberChump.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#780672 - 07/27/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I missed this thread or I would have already responded.

Today I went to a family/friend gathering that takes place on this day every year. I like most of these people and yet I do not like crowds of any kind. They enjoy my wit and like to be around me. When I explained I had to leave many of them wanted me to stay. I pondered this before I got there and even fantasized about being silent and just listening to their banter. In the end I just gave them what they wanted from me. Was I true to myself? Yes, because the truest thing about me is my nature to give.

When people perceive you a certain way it can be uncomfortable for them to see you in a different light. It disturbs their world in a tiny way. Most of the time I walk around with philosophical arguments in my mind that few care to listen to and fewer still understand.

When a person takes the time to really think about reality they may find themsleves in isolation. I am sure that many here have felt the same way. I am not uncomfortable with this but it is nice to be with people that can understand you from time to time.

Cheers,

OfflineEvilGoat
Monkey Rangler

Loc: Canada (East coast)
    #780678 - 07/27/02 04:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why would you waste time trying to find meaning in every minute of every day?
It's the big picture that really matters if I did that every day I'd most likely go insane. I have bad days just like everybody in the rest of the world and if I sat there
on a bad day and looked at every minute of that day I'd get depressed. But on the same bad day if I looked back on the months and years gone by I'd just see that what's one bad day or week when I so many good years behind and ahead of me.

--------------------
it only hurts for a second, now trun your head and cough.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) [Re: EvilGoat]
    #780794 - 07/27/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The thread is title "Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life"
NOT "Finding Philosophy Everyday in Life".

There is a huge difference between the two.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale