Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Difference in strains ???
    #780232 - 07/27/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey I was wondering How much different are the highs between different cubensis strains. I'm pretty new to shroom consumtion. I've only tried cubensis var equadors and the first time I got pretty high but the last several or so times
I just get really relaxed fall asleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Maybe its due to tolerance and I need more ??? I saw that puerto riccans are supposed to be more intense are they ??? thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #780374 - 07/27/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

they're all the same but the substrate the shrooms were grown on makes a difference in potency. the amount of Psilocybin in shrooms can vary as well as the uniqueness of each trip which is why people claim strain XYZ is more visual than ZXY and vice versa.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: Eightball]
    #780388 - 07/27/02 01:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ive tried about 8 strains and ive come to the conculusion that every expierence i take is different in its own way, but the effects are the sames from all strains.

Others will tell you different. Maybe i just cant tell... i dunno

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: baraka]
    #780841 - 07/27/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well Hey ! thanks for replying ! I asked a guy on IRC and he basically said the same thing...

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: Eightball]
    #780844 - 07/27/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What do you think is a great substrate ? I've only had ones off of BRF / Vermiculite.

Thanks

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #780868 - 07/27/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Rye Berries or Bird Seed then cased with horse dung.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #781992 - 07/28/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

These are the strains of cubes I grow, how I dose normaly and how they hit me. The described effects are only my personal feelings.
I grow all of them on my highly approved rye substrate, made from rye, malt, limestone and water.
P. C. means Psilocybe Cubensis.

1. P. C. from Florida, near Clearwater-2,5g-weird! Tends to a bad trip.

2. P. C. from Thailand, Koh Phangan-2,5g-straight, clear, very agreeable.

3. P. C. "Ecuador", spores from Mushmush Holland-2,5g-long, strong and colorful.

4. P. C. "Mazatapec", spores from Mushmush Holland-3,5g-soft as a dove, a little weak for me. A friend of mine who is allways in panic of a bad trip likes them very much.

5. P. C. B+, spores from "don' t know where"-1.5g-how can such a little amount of shrooms have such effects!!! So bad, I lost the strain because of contamination.

6. P. C. "Amazonian", spores from "don' t know where"-2.5g-they taste like shit and are rather weak. Don' t cultivate them anymore.

All of the strains I tested from two to 30 times, exept the Mazatapec wich I took only once. Many shroomers say that cubes are cubes and there are no differences between the strains. In my oppinion, there are big differences. And also my friends prefer the one or the other strain. I think the differences are caused by the ratio of psilocybin/psilocin/baeocystin that varys from strain to strain.

Huh, I liked the B+ sooooooooo much!!! They gave an ecstasy of colors and such a grrrrreat feeling. Pure joy of life.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

OfflineAddict
addict

Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: Ini]
    #783381 - 07/29/02 05:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Im agreeing - That straisn produce different affects HOWEVER they dont produce the same effects for all people.
Yes substrate how they were grown ect have influence as well but I have found strains tend to produce different trips - I've tripped off Thai KS 2x and Cambos 6 times and they were very different trips

Thai KS ws more visual more mindfucky and downright potent and awesome
While Cambo's were slighty visual but not distractive at all and they were very calm and relaxed.

And this basically matched the trip descriptions on the hawks yee website its weird but true!

So I've come to the conclusion that..

Strains will produce different effects/type of trips most definitly but it tends to be different from person to person and also why it can be so different on teh shroomery becuase the shrooms of the same strains are all grown in different enviroments substrates methods ect ect! Thats why all my friends who trip with me get the same trips/effects while otheres here do not!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: Addict]
    #783448 - 07/29/02 06:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Every trip i take is very different in its own way. But i dont think it is strain related at all. They all got the same drugs in em.... just slightly different quantities.

the biggest differences in strains is how they grow and look...

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineAddict
addict

Re: Difference in strains ??? [Re: baraka]
    #786297 - 07/30/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I see what your saying and I used to think that as well but every Cambodian trip I've taken was the same - nice relaxed body high with minor visuals that werent distractive and very interesting.

While the Thai KS were more mindfucky VERY visual and distractive and just AWESOME!!

Now today I injested some Thailand KS Pink Buffalo - And well the visuals were better than on the cambodians as well as a good body high however not mindfucky at all! and i was expecting crazy visuals because we ate a good amount like 35 grams wet each - they werent as good as the thailand koh samui straight up and I was very disappointed because I thought they would be being they are a Thai species and all

I see what your sayn tho and maybe your right maybe its just my state of mind.

But it cant be tho I mean it cant be heh I still believe strain and everything is factor theres different amounts of chemical in different strains and alkloids so that has to contribute to something, I dunno im just very confused and debating alot atm because I just don't get it. Maybe I have a tolerance or something.. In the month of July ive tripped at least 10 times works out to like 3 times a week.... heh that could be a factor..

Edited by Addict (07/30/02 11:42 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom