Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Some questions regarding outdoor cultivation......
    #770087 - 07/23/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ok....so my friend finally got off her lazy ass and started an outdoor bed with some trich. contaminated birdseed jars......used Moe's 'tek'...........ok now the questions.....

1. Will the harvested fruits be eatable? even though the spawn came from a contaminated source? (note she did scrape off contamed parts)

2. also if she is in North Ohio is it too late in the warm season to be doing this?
3. will the winter freeze kill it all off? or will it return next year...(its only buried down about a foot)

Thanks for any input.....

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: Some questions regarding outdoor cultivation...... [Re: DazedSol]
    #770362 - 07/23/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ok from my limted experience i'll try and answer this.

1. They will be eatable, for if the shrooms grow outside, they usually would have fought off all the contaminates. Outside is more forgiving too.

2. Iam not sure waht the temps are in North Ohio, but if it stays at a reasonable level, and you have a nice shaddy spot you should be fine.

3. The mycelium network should surive the winter freeze. It will begin producing next year(please correct me on this if iam wrong).

hope i helped!

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Some questions regarding outdoor cultivation...... [Re: DazedSol]
    #774348 - 07/24/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My pet rock lives in North Eastern Ohio and is growing outdoors too. The weather SHOULD stay hot/warm enough for this...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds