Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: PICS of outdoor cultivated cubensis started from native print using new method.
    #85831 - 05/23/00 11:28 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

There more than four. I've been picking them as they fruit. They haven't had distict flushes. More like sporadic fruitings.
Its not really hard at all. I just make it sound hard because I can't simplify things very well. All you need is moist cow dung. Then instead of preparing substrate, just make a BRF paste. Use tis to start cultures and transfer cultures to dung. Its that easy.

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited May 24, 2000).]

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: PICS of outdoor cultivated cubensis started from native print using new method. [Re: Lizard King]
    #85832 - 05/24/00 10:57 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Quite impressive. . . . seems like a lot of work for only four shrooms. Perhaps it will flush better on the next flush. I give you this, as least you have the distinct advantage of not having them growing in your house. You should perfect this and then write a formal tech. Perhaps you could do the same thing with rice cakes. Congrats and keep up the good work. And show us your future results.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
Re: PICS of outdoor cultivated cubensis started from native print using new method. [Re: Lizard King]
    #85834 - 05/24/00 07:35 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

nice Lizard...
you haven't sterilized the dung have ya???

I've read in a book (J. Gartz) that you can incubate, pasteurized horse shit dirctly with a whole spore print...8some verm might help in the shit for airation) in litttl jars...I'll try that soon

later
der prell

--------------------
i'm back

Anonymous

#85836 - 05/26/00 07:47 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Thats an excellent job you've done there.

I award you with the Captain Max Mushroom Award of Excellence in the Field of Cow Dung!

Congratulations!

------------------
Visit the Spore Lab at: http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730
It's a trip you'll never forget!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #85837 - 05/30/00 01:05 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Nice Georgia mushroom cap. Those things are weird lookin

Also, looks like you yanked those shrooms to me (you should really clip them). ..The Wizard brought that to my attention a couple weeks ago. Mycelium is sometimes destroyed when shrooms are yanked\ ehh maybe you didnt, just thought Id add that in anyways

weird lookin

Thanks Lizard

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited May 30, 2000).]

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #85838 - 05/31/00 09:18 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Find a tek that can grow big ol' shrooms like those in a terrarium. You can't.
Wild, outdoor-grown shrooms just can't be beat. I took an outdoor strain and tried to grow it in a terrarium, but could never get the beautiful six inch caps like I find in the wild. This summer I'm going to try tissue cloning from a large cap and see what that does.

Good job Lizard King. Doesn't it feel good to grow the purty ones?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
    #85839 - 05/31/00 12:45 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I'm impressed you were able to teach a mushroom how to play the guitar!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #85840 - 05/31/00 04:27 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Actually your correct GGreatOne, I yanked them. I know, I know, it could cause the mycelium to become infected. I just hate wasting mushroom material :smile: Soon as I yank em' I fill in the pits with fresh soil. So far it doesn't seem to be harming the patch.

The Lizard,

------------------

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate