Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemaggotz

Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: Tangerines]
    #7726751 - 12/06/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

absinthe + weed = :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: maggotz]
    #7726761 - 12/06/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

watched a report on the news the other night, county right next to mine has the first factory in the U.S. for quite some time.

--------------------

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: Tangerines]
    #7733642 - 12/08/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

weed is the reason i died

edit: great minds think alike, this joke was already done b4

Edited by sleepy (12/08/07 03:16 PM)

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: dr_gonz]
    #7734236 - 12/08/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i always thought you could order up to three bottles from overseas and it was perfectly legal. anymore than three and it becomes illegal. it's that bogus info?

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: dr_gonz]
    #7735832 - 12/09/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

absinthe is fantastic. one of the primary reasons it became illegal is because in france - where it began - it was threatening to put winemakers out of business. plus if it is prepared and brewed with low quality standards it could be toxic. a lot of the reputation for its toxicity probably comes from moonshiners passing their stuff off as geniune absinthe. but when made properly it tastes great and is quite safe, long as you don't overdo it. mix with water 1:2-1:5 parts, with or without a dripped sugarcube (but the sugar adds the cool louche effect), has hardly any bite, and gets you tipsy real nice. if it were cheaper and easier to get i would probably never drink anything else, except for the occasional beer. you can buy it overseas and import it into the us, but i wouldn't trust anything bought within the states. the thujone thing is irrelevant as real absinthe contains trace thujone anyway.

go to absinthe.de or eabsinthe.com. stay away from the czech stuff, not even worth a taste, if you are not sure just go for a french or swiss brand.:cool: :thumbup:

oh yeah, and drink responsibly! :cheers:

--------------------
---

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
Re: didn't they just legalize absinthe in the US [Re: Amoeba665]
    #7735926 - 12/09/07 10:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Amoeba665 said:
stay away from the czech stuff, not even worth a taste, if you are not sure just go for a french or swiss brand.:cool: :thumbup:

True.  I am of Czech descent, and while I'm proud of the true Pilsners and Budweisers (the style, not the brand), but when it comes to Absinthe - I am ashamed.  For good Czech herbal bitters try Becherovka.

As far as the thujone thing goes - yeah the French winemakers paid for a fake study involving thujone as justification for making absinthe illegal.  There was no way to measure thujone levels until 2005, so they did a bunch of "estimates" which were *way* off. 

If you see some absinthe claiming absurdly high thujone content nowadays, they're just trying to play off the drug-myth and hide the fact that it tastes like poo.  Common household sage (salvia officinalis) has higher thujone content (percentage) than absinthe.  Concentrated thujone does act as a nerve agent, though.  Not a drug - just a poison.

Wikipedia's "Thujone in absinthe" section of their thujone article.

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds