Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKrupa
veteran
Re: bad Look-Alikes (experts?)
    #76508 - 06/29/00 05:08 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by Loren:

In other words, if one has a LBM with purple-black gills, does that rule out the possibility of it being deadly poisonous?

No. I don't know how many "LBM"s are edible, poisonous or deadly, but there are lots that are no good. If you know exactly what you're looking for, it helps a lot. Definatly need a couple good field guides. Take prints to aid in identification. There are a lot of really smart people here that should be able to help you out more and give you some good pointers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: bad Look-Alikes (experts?) [Re: Krupa]
    #76510 - 06/29/00 08:59 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

plus you ought to know that gill color has nothing to do with spore color, one time it took me 2 hours to explain this to some people. they found a mushroom, told me it had a brown sporeprint, i said "how do you know? did you take a sporeprint?" and they said "yes, we looked under the cap and it was brown" now i looked at the stipe and could see where the spores landed on it and they were clearly rusty red. vertical grooves, twisty stipe, clear annualis, orange somewhat wavy cap, vancouver mulched bed after a t-storm. prognosis, probably a galerina.
but anywho, the point is, they got actually hostile when i suggested that the sporeprint could not be taken simply by looking at the gill color. sheesh! no wonder people wind up dead! so i carefully explain about putting the cap gills down on white paper overnight. and one of them says "but its so easy just to look at the gills." totally missing the point. im not kidding, this seriously took hours and im pretty sure they never beleived me, probably just humored me because they diddnt want to beleive it. all i can say is that its a good thing they dont do drugs.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #76511 - 06/29/00 09:01 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

by clear annualis i meant it was visable and intact. color was white. i actually got some nice pics of these mushrooms in stanley park, ill post later.

OfflineKrupa
veteran
    #76512 - 06/29/00 09:36 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

There's a lot of BCers here, eh? I'm from Surrey. I'd like to see those pics. I'll post the pics from my current roll pretty soon if they turn out well. Some nice stuntziis and some others that I never ID'd

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76513 - 06/30/00 10:18 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

hello againe loren. from what i understand, not every mushroom with dark purple spore prints is psychoactive. i may stand to be corrected by saying that though

yesterday i was combing a open field for cubes. i found one cube in it, then continued finding patches of mushrooms that resembled the cube so much i was amazed! only thing that really set them appart was they didnt stain blue. and the veils were black instead of dark purple! bee careful buddy

heheh, theres mushrooms everywhere in florida right now, couple more weeks things should be REALLY SHroomy out there.

"Or are there other rarer psilocybe analogs that are harmful?" ---damnit Loren, ive told you like ten times now that the only shroom in florida you should be eating are Psilocybe cubensis.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag