Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegaladar

Loc: in a monotub!
Honey LC. caramelization question.
    #7649657 - 11/18/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

a noob question here.
I followed the beginner friendly guide without a pc, and i sterilized the jar for 30 minutes, then carefully filled the half pint with water and 3 teaspoons of honey(1 tablespoon). and then covered and such with foil layers and kept steaming with water halfway up the jar for say 35-40 mins.
there were always jar lids on the bottom to prevent any cracking or what not.

about 8 or 9 hours of cooling down , i see the jar has like a heavy yellowish color. not brown and caramel like in the tek. would this be a problem?

heres where i am now.

well i went ahead and lysoled everyting in the damn room
followed by ousting like a motherfcker . also lysoled inside and out of glovebox (walls and gloves) followed by a quick puff of oust for safety. let that settle for like 20 seconds, then cleaned a small knife and used a lighter to get it all hot and red, quickly put that in a lysol soaked napkin and tossed into my glovebox, along with the jar, and spore print.

removed the jar ring, with the lid still there, opened the print foil, scraped a tiny bit onto the tip of the blade,then carefully moved back a bit of the lid, for a small opening then stuck the knife in and shook off the spores. and closed up the jar and coverded with foil.

its now incubating near my heater at like 78 degrees..
am i doing ok?

its been like 9 hours since, so im giving it a few more days and gonna update.

Edited by galadar (11/18/07 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Honey LC. caramelization question. [Re: galadar]
    #7650033 - 11/18/07 04:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Your procedures seem to be all good, sterilitity seems a bit overkill, i just clean out my glovebox, stick everything in then give it a quick mist with bleach, let it settle for 5 10 minutes and do my procedures.

The honey will discolour the water, as long as there isnt sediment floating around you should be fine, although i have had success with LC that had sediment.

When the myc starts growing, the water will go clear as it uses up the nuitrients.

I doubt u will see anything in a few days, leave it for week then check again, then leave it another week and it should be finished.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Honey LC. caramelization question. [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7650039 - 11/18/07 04:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Try and buy an inoculation loop or a black head remover. Knives or other blades damage too many spores

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinegaladar

Re: Honey LC. caramelization question. [Re: Nibin]
    #7650042 - 11/18/07 04:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Try and buy an inoculation loop or a black head remover. Knives or other blades damage too many spores

oh i didnt really scrape, it was just to pick up a nice clump of spores already off the foil since it dont really stick onto it.

Offlinegaladar

#7650047 - 11/18/07 04:55 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Your procedures seem to be all good, sterilitity seems a bit overkill, i just clean out my glovebox, stick everything in then give it a quick mist with bleach, let it settle for 5 10 minutes and do my procedures.

well my first grow ever was a disaster 9/10 cakes contammed. well that was a whiiiiile ago. and it gave me this fear of germs and whatnot lol. i guess its not a bad thing

Quote:

The honey will discolour the water, as long as there isnt sediment floating around you should be fine, although i have had success with LC that had sediment.

what do you mean by these sediments? theres no sand or anything just little specks of honey nonsense, barely any too. its just spores in the water and that. how can it be bad? i hope nothing bad happens

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Honey LC. caramelization question. [Re: galadar]
    #7650050 - 11/18/07 05:00 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Sediment is caromilised honey, you obviously dont have any, if you had then there would be chucks of what looks like caramolised suger floating around, so i think you are all good.

I cant remember why sediment is a bad thing, its possibly that once its caramilised it cannot be used by myc for nuitrients?

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinegaladar

#7650052 - 11/18/07 05:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thank you thank you
making alotta sense here man. so im good? i thought i hadda get it brown.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck