Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYeagerBomb
I have a big dick
Male

Loc: USA
Fucking Amsterdam
    #7593288 - 11/04/07 01:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

How much money should I save if I plan on going to the Am for a week with two other people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiabloSmurf
Shake it.. Shakeit.. sugaree!
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: YeagerBomb]
    #7593295 - 11/04/07 01:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

one millllllion dolllars..

Uhm, not sure. Id say if i were to go myself.. About 3 grand

OfflineBent Bastard
space monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz Flag
    #7593298 - 11/04/07 01:27 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I was in Amsterdam this year around august, it wasn't too expensive. If you're staying in the tourist district (red light) then accom can be pricey, we paid 40 euro a night each.... and stay away from the pubs on the main streets, they're a rip as well, up to 7 euro a pint... But weed is cheap. So in total, say 20 euro a day for half decent food, maybe 20 for a bed plus booze and drug money

--------------------
*Some names have been changed to protect the innocent; others have been changed to implicate other innocents.

Offlinezepp420
Expat
Male

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Bent Bastard]
    #7593422 - 11/04/07 03:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hostels bro, and make your own food.

I'll come hang out, I live right outside the dam.

--------------------
Listen to Crosby Stills and Nash.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: zepp420]
    #7593455 - 11/04/07 03:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i was 5 days in amsterdam last week and I spent all togethet except tickets around 2000 euro , rentet a big apartment tho, http://www.bulldoghotel.com/ , here- its a pretty chill place in red light disctrict.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Offlinekindadank
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: shamantra]
    #7594221 - 11/04/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Stay at the flying pig near the vondelpark.

Offlinenolongerinuse
Male User Gallery

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: kindadank]
    #7594225 - 11/04/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

save as much as you can bro. One thing i learned about vacationing in Europe or in any foriegn country- The more money you have with you, the better time you will have. Plus its totally worth going all out in Amsterdam

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #7594231 - 11/04/07 11:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

weed is actually pretty fuckin cheap there...its like 10 euro for a gram of shit that will knock you down....we all bought so much amazing herb and didnt even finish it...it was very sad... :frown:

hostels are pretty cheap too..and fun !

i think flying pig is the one that you can smoke at...i stayed at one that doesnt let you smoke but it was still pretty awesome

you will spend a lot of money on food and snacks, just cause a lot of places let you chill out and smoke there if you get food or a drink or some shit...

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Help on the Way]
    #7594345 - 11/04/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

there are many many hotels where you can smoke in , besides bulldog which i allready mentioned i also have stayed before at rookies. amokin in amsterdam iwill never be your biggest problem, hell when i left for the airport last week i smoked a joint with the taxi driver. lol

most expensive shit i bought was 40 euro for a little over a gram, something called jelly hash,. it was good lol but not worht the money tho.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflineYeagerBomb
I have a big dick
Male

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: shamantra]
    #7599207 - 11/05/07 04:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm mainly going there for the prostitutes and Magic Shops, with Shrooms and shit. But I'll be smoking for sure.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
    #7599330 - 11/05/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kindadank said:

I've stayed there.  I love the happy room :smile:
Tripped on shrooms in there one time and had one of my best trips ever.  The Alice in Wonderland wallpaper didn't hurt  :nut:

I kept coming back and looking at the wallpaper and wondering where the fuck I was.  Then I remembered, and closed my eyes for a while, then opened them and wondered where I was....

Still remember the room was thick with smoke and Pirates of the Carribean was playing on the wide screen TV :smile:

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7599344 - 11/05/07 05:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YeagerBomb said:
I'm mainly going there for the prostitutes and Magic Shops, with Shrooms and shit. But I'll be smoking for sure.

I heard they recently banned shrooms.

--------------------

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Silversoul]
    #7602078 - 11/06/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think there was a motion put in place but I'm not sure that it has taken effect yet.

The truth is that it will just move mushroom sales underground.  You know in many smart shops if you ask for LSD or E or whatever they will either have it behind the desk or will point you to a dealer who does.  There are dealers standing all over the place in certain parts of Amsterdam and it is obvious who they are :rastamon:

Still, I consider this ban a tragedy for the legalization movement and the minds of all who will miss out on the psychadelic experience.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineYeagerBomb
I have a big dick
Male

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Plok]
    #7602722 - 11/06/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Shit balls wtf man. I wont be going for another year or two, that would be super whack if they didnt have shrooms when I go.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7602839 - 11/06/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The absolute minimum amount you want to take to Amsterdam is $100 a day per person. If I'm making recommendations I'd say take $150 a day or up to comfortly sleep, eat, get around, see stuff and get stoned.

Use the bus, the tram and the train to get around the country, don't use taxi's. Prepare your own food or eat in restaurants away from the tourist areas.

For Americans, with the current $1 = 0.685 Euro conversion rate, Holland is quite expensive.

Important: a good price for weed in Holland is 4-8 Euros a gram. Some coffeeshops however are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. If you're in a coffeeshop where a E.4-8 gram is a rarity or does not exist, LEAVE.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (11/06/07 02:07 PM)

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#7602938 - 11/06/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kindadank said:

thats where i stayed,

3 days at the beginning of a trip, and three days at the end.

it was awesome, pretty much a non stop influx of people and partying.

it'd be tough if you wanted good rest, but fuck it, yer in amsterdam.

regarding the money, i barely spent 100 euro a day, but i'm kind of conservative..

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineYeagerBomb
I have a big dick
Male

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #7603315 - 11/06/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

So If I bring $1,000 Americana I'll only have like $700 Euro?

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Asante]
    #7603378 - 11/06/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
The absolute minimum amount you want to take to Amsterdam is $100 a day per person. If I'm making recommendations I'd say take $150 a day or up to comfortly sleep, eat, get around, see stuff and get stoned.

Use the bus, the tram and the train to get around the country, don't use taxi's. Prepare your own food or eat in restaurants away from the tourist areas.

For Americans, with the current $1 = 0.685 Euro conversion rate, Holland is quite expensive.

Important: a good price for weed in Holland is 4-8 Euros a gram. Some coffeeshops however are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. If you're in a coffeeshop where a E.4-8 gram is a rarity or does not exist, LEAVE.

Everything you just said is false. I was just in the Netherlands for a while really, in Utrecht, in Rotterdam, and in Amsterdam (where Ive been before.) Unless you are out of control you need no where near 100 euros or 150 euros a day. I stayed at a hostel, about 20 euros a night. Then I bought weed, and ate Kababs, that adds up to not that much. I bought booze at liquour stores and went to bars for the social atmosphere i.e I didnt buy huge numbers of drinks there. You can get by on far less, so I dont know what he is talking about. Unless you want a hotel room then it will cost you a fair amount more.

As for weed I do not recommend going to places that charge you 4-8 euros a gram. Firstly these places have poor quality weed, as Ive said Ive been to about 5 cities in the Netherlands and Ive found this to be true. The best weed I had was in Amsterdam and cost about 12 dollars a gram, which I thought was pretty reasonable for the quality of weed that I got. Hash is going to run you more though, with the best quality maybe costing you 20-25 euros. Be careful of most coffee shops though as they do try and rip you off by serving up shitty weed. Literally every coffee shop in Rotterdam had horrible weed, except for one I believe called Nemo maybe? Amsterdam has a lot of excellent weed, for instance at the Grey Area you can try some cannabis cup winners.

Edit: oh I see you included train tickets? Well those can be expensive, but getting to Rotterdam from Amsterdam will cost you about 12 euros each way, maybe 20 roundtrip. Utrecht is similar I believe, but theres nothing to do in Rotterdam. Amsterdam is the only place to really bother going to unless you want historical sites, in which case other cities have some interesting things. Realisticaly though Amsterdam gets pretty boring as theres very little to actually do there. Also mushrooms are still legal as I bought some about 5 days ago.

Edited by TheCow (11/06/07 04:09 PM)

Offlineluisfer420
luisfer420
Male

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: Silversoul]
    #15452678 - 12/02/11 12:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I heard they recently banned shrooms.

No they havent, i went a month and a half and got shit faced of shrooms and bubblelicious, awesome weed!! i was tripping balls in the center with all the people there, i wouldnt normally do this (in an open place, with a lot of people) but i felt good vibe there and so i did... they sold me the shrooms at the smart shops and the spores too.. and growing them now :laugh:
Amsterdam is awesome!! really like the law, the people, and the place, you feel just so good to be there, and i live in the caribbean!! beautiful place but different.. peace

--------------------
Goa, the psychedelic experience______ The power of PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC!!!

Offlinetiptop
Stranger

Re: Fucking Amsterdam [Re: luisfer420]
    #15452686 - 12/02/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I also heard they banned window prostitutes..

Amsterdam is gayin the fuck out, Tryin to be like the U.S or some shit.. LAME!!!

And honestly man...

Your gonna need.. OVER 9 THOUSAND DOLLARS.

--------------------

:psychsplit:  :slomo:  :dizope: :dizope:  :slomo: :psychsplit:  ah  HAH,  Victory Joint!  :jointsmile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds