Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Stability vs. Amsterdam
    #3650354 - 01/19/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Would you give up your life to live in Amsterdam? I might possibly have an opportunity to leave this country and live in Amsterdam. This sounds good, but here is the dilemma i'm having with it.

1) I would miss my friends and family terribly
2) I have a really easy job that i've worked for 5 1/2 years that I know really well. I'm very lazy and if I don't find another easy job, i'm going to die.
3) I have a nice apartment and car that i'd have to give up

I would have to risk it all in order to move to Amsterdam(or anywhere). I would have to abandon my stable and predictable life in search of a better life in The Netherlands. If you were in my shoes, would you do it?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Learyfan]
    #3650373 - 01/19/05 09:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmmmmm, I would absolutely love to live in Amsterdam, on the other hand, I do not want to abandon people living under the police state, i'd like to help bring freedom and love to everyone here so...... I don't know, it would be a very, hard decision.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3650380 - 01/19/05 09:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

when you're 70 and know you're going to die soon, and you look back at this decision, i think you will regret anything other than going for it. experiences are what matter, think of all the knowledge you will gain and people you will meet who will enrich your life. it would be rough to leave everything behind, but there's nothing more liberating than taking what you can carry and going where the wind takes you. you always have a home to come back to, what do you have to lose?

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3650400 - 01/19/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Hmmmmmm, I would absolutely love to live in Amsterdam, on the other hand, I do not want to abandon people living under the police state, i'd like to help bring freedom and love to everyone here so...... I don't know, it would be a very, hard decision.  :shrug:

Well, i've already given up hope that America can be saved. America has made it's mind up. It wants to be "The Waltons" and that's all there is to it.

--------------------

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #3650424 - 01/19/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Amazing, I'm on the same boat right now... Amsterdam or the life I've known and loved for the last 4 years? Such a dilemma...

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Hendostan]
    #3650443 - 01/19/05 10:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
when you're 70 and know you're going to die soon, and you look back at this decision, i think you will regret anything other than going for it. experiences are what matter, think of all the knowledge you will gain and people you will meet who will enrich your life. it would be rough to leave everything behind, but there's nothing more liberating than taking what you can carry and going where the wind takes you. you always have a home to come back to, what do you have to lose?

Very well said Hendostan. That's a good way of looking at it. I'm just afraid of leaving a steady and easy job and having nowhere to go. I don't want to start at ground zero again.

You're right. I'm sure I would meet a lot of great people and have a lot of great times. How could you not? But I would have to risk it ALL in order to do so.

Let me just clarify, though. I'm very lazy unless I like my job. If I lived in Amsterdam and sold weed and/or shrooms i'm sure i'd LOVE my job.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3650453 - 01/19/05 10:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno. i might move to holland i have a friend there i think they have some pretty nice laws.

--------------------

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3650471 - 01/19/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If I were you, I'd move there. I sure would miss everyone but I think it would be well worth it. There's too many stupid laws and restrictions here in the U.S., in Amsterdam you can be much more free and I'm sure you'll have a good time and meet great people at the same time.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

#3650486 - 01/19/05 10:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Well, i've already given up hope that America can be saved. America has made it's mind up. It wants to be "The Waltons" and that's all there is to it. 

:lol: the waltons :lol: Well, in that case, pack your bags and godspeed...if I move out there i'll have to look ya up, i'd love to meet you someday!  :laugh: :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3650487 - 01/19/05 10:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomOmatic said:
i dunno. i might move to holland i have a friend there i think they have some pretty nice laws.

Well I don't know what your situation is, but I lucked into a very easy, stable and tolerable job 5 1/2 years ago. I get meager but steady paychecks but don't have any skills to take with me when I leave. Leaving this job and everything I have here would be earth shattering for me.

Not only that, but I haven't paid my car off yet and the people that I rent my apartment from don't let you rent month to month. In other words, I can only leave my apartment in July of whatever year.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3650494 - 01/19/05 10:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i recently moved 1500 miles from where i grew up, friends, family...everything i knew for 20 years...the first few months were rough - granted, this isn't across the ocean in a whole different country - but after a few months i've started to meet people and i can feel that i'm beginning to build a life and a network of friends again...it's definitely not easy, but it's extremely rewarding and worth it in the long run. and home is such a great place to visit when you've been gone for a while! :laugh:

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Hendostan]
    #3650521 - 01/19/05 10:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
i recently moved 1500 miles from where i grew up, friends, family...everything i knew for 20 years...the first few months were rough - granted, this isn't across the ocean in a whole different country - but after a few months i've started to meet people and i can feel that i'm beginning to build a life and a network of friends again...it's definitely not easy, but it's extremely rewarding and worth it in the long run. and home is such a great place to visit when you've been gone for a while! :laugh:

Can I ask why you moved?

And if you were addicted to stability and predictability like myself, would you have been able to drop it all in search of freedom?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

#3650556 - 01/19/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Do you enjoy tripping?  Perhaps you aren't as addicted to stability and predictabiltity as you think you are.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3650573 - 01/19/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i moved in search of freedom, and "myself" i suppose, and also to go to school...i always wanted to move west and be in the mountains, so i did, and also this school offers programs i couldn't get back home.
i don' tknow, my life has never really been stable and predictable and "easy", but i was always relatively close to my family had some really great friends that i left behind. i often wonder if it was the right thing to do, but i can feel it going up hill, slowly but surely. i have only lived here for almost 6 months, i'd say the first 4 were really tough, but it's been getting better :smile: i do love it here, and i don't doubt that following my heart was the right decision.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#3650576 - 01/19/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Do you enjoy tripping?  Perhaps you aren't as addicted to stability and predictabiltity as you think you are.  :wink:

I don't trip very much at all anymore. I tripped on acid December 4th for the first time in 3 1/2 years. I'm looking into rolling again soon, though.

You make a good point, but after tripping I still have my easy and predictable job. I'm very afraid of losing that as well as my wonderful friends and family.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
Re: Stability vs. Amsterdam [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3650623 - 01/19/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hedostan, I can totally relate to that. I moved out of my mother's house a few years ago, for the same reasons you listed above, and the first years were very hard. I found myself staring at the cell and asking myself who I was, what I was doing here and such...

However, after a few months I got to know people and all came together. Now I have a nice apartment, friends, and a life I'm comfortable with.

Learyfan, I'd say if you really want to, go for it. There are pros and cons for sure, but that's something you've got to resolve for yourself.

My advice, if any, is for you to go visit Holland, maybe stay there for a month? just to get the vibe of the place and to think of your possible choices in all it's deepness. It's an important decision :wink:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#3650640 - 01/19/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Deepman said:
My advice, if any, is for you to go visit Holland, maybe stay there for a month? just to get the vibe of the place and to think of your possible choices in all it's deepness. It's an important decision :wink:

That's a great point, but I can't just leave my job for a month. I'll definitely want to visit before I move there, but it would probably be for only a week or so.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3650687 - 01/19/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, this very august you'll have the perfect opportunity: the European gathering :wink:

I give you that advice because that is what I'll do. Maybe we can meet in Amsterdam in a few years eh? :tongue:

BTW, I just love the images and links you post! I'm a big Leary and McKenna fan because of you! :heart:

--------------------

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

#3650743 - 01/19/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:

if it's America's police state you fear then don't worry Amsterdam won't be much better. America is controlled by European bankers. Our federal reserve system is owned by private bankers, who are in turned owned by the wealthiest of the wealthiest. These wealthy happen to be pre-dominantly European or direct European decent. I think America will be the first to fall, as we are currently one of the biggest threats, along with the Arabs, to the 5th objective, as stated by George bush Sr.

"It is a big ideal. a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause, to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind. peace security, freedom, and the rule of law." -
George Bush Sr.- September 11, 1990 *no shit look it up*

"Out of these troubles times our 5th objective, a new world order can emerge." -George Bush Sr.- another speech about the war in Iraq

"Now we can see a new world coming into view a world in which there is a very real prospect of a new world order. -George Bush Sr.- Sometime later in another speech."

"There is a chance the president of the United States can use this disaster to carry our what his father phrased, he said once, but i don't think he has said since, a New World Order." -Council on Foreign Relations- September 12, 2001

Remember the Madrid train bombings came exactly 911 days after September 11, 2001, landing on March, 11, 2002. 9-11, 911 days latter 3-11. We are ruled by an occult elite just like Hitlers Nazi's.

Do not forget Dutch troops were training in Marshal-Law style training in northern California not too long back. Of course this was repeated several times. American troops training side by side with police and foreign troops. Training on taking people into camps, and detained without warrants or right to do so. The volunteers playing the part of the citizens being taken into camps were told to yell, "I'm an American, I have rights!", "I'm an AMERICAN!".
WTF??????? I have the video to prove this, and will gladly send it to you, or allow you to download it from me.

It will get much worse before it gets better. History proves this.
I would rather hide out in the middle of nowhere and let everyone kill themselves. If things keep on the path they are headed, then it will be just a matter of time before the nukes roll out. I want no part of that mess, or the results of it after-wards.
Just my 2 cents.

as far as moving to Amsterdam, so for it.
Family never fades, true friends are always there (and now have an reason to travel there), and if shit gets too much over there, you can always return to these family and friends. You may never have another chance to make it over there.
Again just my 2 cents.

InvisibleLeaveMeAlone
Stranger

#3650971 - 01/20/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Have you put some serious thought into how you will be supporting yourself there? How long you plan on living there? IF you plan on staying there for life, how will you get citizenship? I hope your plan of "selling mushrooms and weed" is not your ONLY plan because if it is you will be in for a very rude awakening.

food for thought.

--------------------
Love.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Community >> The Pub