Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Rain Water
    #758677 - 07/19/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

sup growers...

on one of my Puerto Rican cakes i used rain water instead of tap water... and so far it spawned a day earlier and i will post results of how long it takes for full colonization..

btw i steralized the rain water by boiling it for 10 minutes... i think the reason its better than tap is because it is more rich in nutrients...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Rain Water [Re: JohnnyR]
    #758696 - 07/19/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Depending on where you live it could also be really acidic!

Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
    #758704 - 07/19/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Ehh...I highly doubt rain water contains any viable nutes. The nutes are in the substrate(BRF,Rye etc) It spawning a day earlier has nothing to do with the rain water. Rain water can be pretty acidic and dirty. I used tap water for a long time..never had a prob but now i just pick up gallons of spring water for like a $1. I use this for syringes aswell.

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Rain Water [Re: goolag]
    #758715 - 07/19/02 08:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

the rain is acidic where i am... its not dirty either..

im in the Mountain forests and it has been raining here everyday for about 2-3 weeks....

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Offlinebladerunnerss
journeyman
    #758840 - 07/19/02 09:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is from a reply of mine from a diffrent thread.

Note that the pond water i used was from my own backyard gold fish pond. its small has lillys and 10 goldfish good amount of algea. it is near crystal clear and is well maintained. there obviously is a pump/filter so i know where the water is coming from and how clean it is.
so if you have access to something like that where you know the water is natural but not contaminated give it a try.

I still recomend using this type of water, like i said you can always use natural water in X amont of jars and bottled water on X amount of jars to be safe, just in case. but last batch i used pond water on 100% of my jars and they are doing very very well.

PF says "A note on water: A recent update is worth mentioning. Water quality is indeed important. I have found out that "natural" water is the water to use. It makes for better cultivation of this mushroom on this simple substrate. Distilled water is good for making spore solutions and syringes and storing spore solution. But for growing, they seem to like the "natural" water such as: swamp, lake, stream, pond,river, ground or any water that is rich in organics. I suppose that water seeping from an organic compost pile would be about the best."

bladeruNNer

--------------------
bladeruNNer

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: Rain Water [Re: bladerunnerss]
    #758927 - 07/19/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well if you sterilzed it, wouldnt that just make it regular clean water?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures