Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Year old Dung Bros. dung still good?
    #758731 -

I have some Dung Brothers dung still sealed in it's sterile bag that I've had for a little over a year now. Anyone have any clues as to whether or not it's still good to use right out of the bag? Should I re-pasteurise it?

I can smell it through the air patches and it smells OK.

I guess I will just test a small portion of it and see what happens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mushroom God]
    #759434 -

Anyone?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mushroom God]
    #759439 -

I'll take it if you don't want it!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mushroom God]
    #759441 -

Your best bet is probably to re-pastuerize it. This is to kill any mold, bacteria etc that might have grown on in it in that year time. After properly pastuerizing it, the only thing you can do is try it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mycelium]
    #759443 -

He said it's still sealed in the filter patch bag it came in.

What mold/bacteria are you talking about?

The only thing he may have to do is add some water to re-moisten it.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: TM]
    #759463 -

Don't contradict me, boy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mycelium]
    #759468 -

Boy? Boy? You call me boy????

10 pounds of swingin' meat between my legs and enough hair around my asshole to weave 10 indian blankets and you call me BOY???




--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: TM]
    #759783 -

Actually, the dung is still quite moist. I'll more than likely end up just opening it when ready, and testing a small bit to see if it still works alright. I think the fact that it still smells good is a good sign.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Year old Dung Bros. dung still good? [Re: Mushroom God]
    #759889 -

If it's still quite moist (condensation inside the bag) and smells good, I'd be willing to bet the price of replacement that it's fine. I'd knock up the whole thing and have a big party in a few weeks.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pasteurize or Sterilize my Dung Bros dung LucidDayDream 734 1 07/19/02 06:02 AM
by Joshua
* dung bros compost littlewing 802 4 10/06/03 12:40 PM
by littlewing
* Compost Comparison - Dung Bros vs. Homestead TM 1,970 8 07/24/02 12:20 PM
by TM
* Dung Bro Question Buddha5254 685 1 08/06/01 04:55 AM
by nestafy
* 40 Quarts of Dung innoculated, now what? LucidDayDream 1,814 10 11/30/01 09:31 AM
by XAZIA
* Re: Compost is Compost - Dung Is Dung wingnutx 960 3 03/03/01 07:36 PM
by wingnutx
* Dung Bro's IHeartShrooms 576 2 07/17/01 12:48 PM
by tom
* 2nd grow Ecuadorian, or Elephant Dung? euphoricpoison 1,675 15 12/07/06 08:54 PM
by Blutjager

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,065 topic views. 19 members, 289 guests and 453 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.