Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Live Dead recording
    #7401698 -

I am looking for a live recording of Black Muddy River. It was one of the last times Jerry ever sang the song live, he was getting choked up and misty eyed. I heard it once from a buddy of mine on a tape cassette and now he says he traded it for some other recordings and doesn´t know where the guy lives or his number. It was the most amazing live recording I have ever heard. It made me teary eyed. Any help would be appreciated.


--------------------
Free Gary Mckinnon!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: GratefulStranger]
    #7401759 -

i have it. u are refering to the soldier feil show right. it is rather depressing. seconed to last tune ever played. box of rain was the last but it was racked with electronic errors. a perfect end to the perfect band :smile:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: GratefulStranger]
    #7401779 -
Log in to view attachment

I listened to this show last night actually... :undecided:

Edited by eeso (09/12/07 06:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: notapillow]
    #7401790 -

Not a great rendition but very significant.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: eeso]
    #7401795 -

shit wrong one - sorry one sec.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: eeso]
    #7401800 -

I was just going to post that.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: eeso]
    #7401812 -

Sweet Unbroken Chain though!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: Ripple]
    #7401823 -

damn i missed it. UNBOKEN CHAIN!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: Ripple]
    #7401830 -
Log in to view attachment

fixed it - heh  :stoner:

Unbroken chain ^

Edited by eeso (09/12/07 06:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: eeso]
    #7401846 -

Well now it's not fair to deprive others of that beautiful song;)

Phil's not ON but I love the old bastard!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: GratefulStranger]
    #7401873 -
Log in to view attachment

This is from the soundboard recording. What eeso posted sounds like a very good audience recording but this one is just a little crisper. You can hear the drums much better.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401904 -

Cool :thumbup:

Mine's a soundboard too but your's higher bitrate. Does sound crisper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401910 -

Thank you everyone!

:peace::heart::shineon: and :potleaf:


--------------------
Free Gary Mckinnon!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401919 -

Nice.....Thanks KC


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: GratefulStranger]
    #7401923 -

What's so stunning about this particular performance is that I believe Jerry knew it was his last.  If you listen closely, right near the 50 second mark instead of singing "I will walk alone by the black muddy river" Jerry clearly sings "I will walk alone by the last muddy river."  Gives me chills every time.

When the last rose of summer pricks my finger
And the hot sun chills me to the bone
When I can't hear the song for the singer
And I can't tell my pillow from a stone...

:frown:


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401935 -

I have chills just reading this post!:sad:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: eeso]
    #7401972 -

eeso said:
Cool :thumbup:

Mine's a soundboard too but your's higher bitrate. Does sound crisper.



I just realized that it sounds much better when you download the mp3 rather than stream it right from the post.  Now I can hardly tell the difference between the one you posted and the one I posted.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401976 -

Yeah he does say "Last".......no doubt


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: Ripple]
    #7401982 -

Unbelievable, isn't it?


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Live Dead recording [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #7401992 -

Truly......I still have shivers man!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Adom 53,885 128 12/13/18 02:16 AM
by Reblackah
* Have The Dead ever commented on other jam bands?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
LearyfanS 13,596 104 09/09/11 09:38 PM
by PiRepeating
* For the dead heads
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 1,330 22 10/22/04 10:01 AM
by JettaJay
* What Dead CD should I get? theocean06 1,298 17 08/21/04 07:03 PM
by Krishna
* good quality live dead shows
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 5,207 50 03/12/05 09:22 PM
by Adom
* The Dead Summer Getaway 2003!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
kosmic_charlie 32,195 209 09/12/04 09:42 PM
by notapillow
* Grateful Dead show downloading help...(Get the music!)
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 12,272 22 06/13/10 12:21 AM
by skunkjar
* The Grateful Dead - "The Shroomery PIcks Vol. 1"
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 5,256 40 10/03/03 06:59 AM
by Ripple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,324 topic views. 7 members, 7 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.