Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
NFL Week 1 Picks
    #7383380 -

Remember we got a lot of people doing it last year? Let's get it going again. I'm not putting my reasons, just my picks.

Broncos @ Bills

Steelers @ Browns

Eagles @ Packers

Panthers @ Rams

Falcons @ Vikings

Patriots @ Jets

Dolphins @ Redskins

Titans @ Jaguars

Chiefs @ Texans

Lions @ Raiders

Bears @ Chargers

Buccaneers @ Seahawks

Giants @ Cowboys

Ravens @ Bengals

Cardinals @ 49'ers


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7383395 -

I agree, except for the Jets over the Patriots...  :wtf:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7383407 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
I agree, except for the Jets over the Patriots...  :wtf:



I'm a Jets fan...Thomas Jones...Pats are gonna be missing Rodney Harrison, Asante Samuel, and Richard Seymour...and Brady had to cut practice short two days in a row due to shoulder discomfort. I'm just being optimistic here. :grin: I don't necessarily always pick the way I feel when it comes to the teams I like.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7383892 -

EDIT: Saints @ COLTS - C

BRONCOS @ Bills - C

Steelers @ BROWNS - W

EAGLES @ Packers - W

PANTHERS @ Rams - C

Falcons @ VIKINGS - C

PATRIOTS @ Jets - C

Dolphins @ REDSKINS - C

Titans @ JAGS - W

Chiefs @ TEXANS - C

Lions @ RAIDERS - W

Bears @ CHARGERS - C

Buccs @ SEAHAWKS - C

Giants @ COWBOYS - C

Ravens @ BENGELS - C

Cards @ FOURTY-NINERS - C

Corrects and Wrongs.

Edited by cApTaInCrAp (09/10/07 11:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #7383917 -

Broncos @ Bills

Steelers @ Browns

Eagles @ Packers

Panthers @ Rams

Falcons @ Vikings

Patriots @ Jets

Dolphins @ Redskins

Titans @ Jags

Chiefs @ Texans

Lions @ Raiders (Do I really have to pick this game??)

Bears @ Chargers

Bucs @ Seahawks

Giants @ Cowboys

Ravens @ Bengals

Cards @ Niners


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7383924 -

Oh, and Saints @ Colts

We should keep track all year and put something up to be won at the end of the year or something.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: jewunit]
    #7383925 -

Yeah I think that's a great idea. It'll be up to everyone to tally their record up at the end of each week. For the record I thought the Saints would beat the Colts, so I'm 0-1 so far.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7383962 -

OneLessForeskin said:
Penguarky Tunguin said:
I agree, except for the Jets over the Patriots...  :wtf:



I'm a Jets fan...Thomas Jones...Pats are gonna be missing Rodney Harrison, Asante Samuel, and Richard Seymour...and Brady had to cut practice short two days in a row due to shoulder discomfort. I'm just being optimistic here. :grin: I don't necessarily always pick the way I feel when it comes to the teams I like.



I was just givin' ya shit, bra.  I'll always pick the Broncos to win, even when I know they won't.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7383965 -

So, seriously, are you optimistic about the Broncos' chances this season? You think Cutler will come into his own? Shanahan is gonna make a BEAST out of Travis Henry.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: jewunit]
    #7384092 -

I can't believe out of the 3 people that picked TWO were dumb enough to pick the browns over the Steelers....WTF


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #7384096 -

Willie and Ben are just gonna tear them up...and the defense is gonna make Brady Quinn look real appetizing to Romeo Crennel. I feel like it's gonna be a goddamn massacre!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #7384104 -

Can't pick everything straight up, that's not fun!
If it was in Pittsburgh I would go the other way.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7384119 -

OneLessForeskin said:
So, seriously, are you optimistic about the Broncos' chances this season? You think Cutler will come into his own? Shanahan is gonna make a BEAST out of Travis Henry.



I'm very optimistic. And yes, Travis Henry is gonna rip some shit up, but what I like the most so far in the preseason, was his back up, an undrafted free agent named Selvin Young. That guy can fucking run.

I say they'll go 11-5 and win a playoff game.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7384122 -

Yeah I just picked up Selvin in the fantasy league as a backup to Henry.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7385441 -

I disagree VEHEMENTLY.

Broncos @ Bills


Steelers @ Browns

Eagles
@ Packers

Panthers @ Rams

Falcons @ Vikings

Patriots @ Jets

Dolphins @ Redskins

Titans @ Jaguars

Chiefs @ Texans

Lions @ Raiders

Bears @ Chargers

Buccaneers @ Seahawks

Giants @ Cowboys

Ravens @ Bengals

Cardinals @ 49'ers

Ravens @ Bengals

Cardinals @ 49'ers


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7385458 -

Man, no one has any love for the Ravens it seems.
I'm also starting to regret picking the Vikings, and the Raiders. Hopefully the Vikings can continue their trend of the past couple of years by starting out their first 6 games or so winning and seeming good, but then when you actually look they just get lucky as fuck and then start to get crushed the rest of the season.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: jewunit]
    #7385462 -

Then again, Vick is gone, Dunn is one year older, they still have no WRs, and I don't think they're Def is going to be too great either.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: jewunit]
    #7385493 -

Okay.

Have you seen the Vikings starter? I'm a NFC Central fan, so I've been paying attention. Tavaris Jackson is TERRIBLE. He wouldn't start at Appalachian State. If he is not gone by week 3, he will get better. But he's certainly not going to be fresh out of the gate on Week 1. He's really really bad. And Adrian Peterson is going to snap right in half the first time an NLF player hits him.

And the Lions should be a bit better this year. I think Kitna is a pretty good QB. And most of the dead-weight form that offense is gone, right? All those shitty WR's? I can't seem them not beating OAKLAND. Who are they starting again at QB? Oh, thats right. Nobody knows. And the Falcons, I think, will be better off with Harrington than with Vick.

But I'm not a big Vick fan at all.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7386422 -

I'm just going to completely delete this post because it was way fucking off.


--------------------
!

Edited by jewunit (09/09/07 11:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: NFL Week 1 Picks [Re: jewunit]
    #7386448 -

I apologize in advance, by the way. I'm fucking hammered right now. Not to say it's an excuse... but it's a fucking excuse. So if anything I said doesn't make sense, I'm blaming it on alcohol. I'll read this shit over tomorrow and edit anything that I say "What the fuck?!" to.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rex Grossman: Fuck It, I'm Throwing It Downfield OneMoreRobot3021 9,864 10 11/30/06 02:53 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Seahawks vs Bears
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RogerRabbitM 6,333 68 01/15/07 12:11 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Is anyone gonna watch the NFL drafts?
( 1 2 all )
Stein 8,772 38 04/24/19 02:49 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* NFL Talk.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Banez 11,978 92 11/24/12 02:56 AM
by elax420
* 2006 NFL Draft Banez 2,067 9 04/06/06 11:22 AM
by Redstorm
* Paws NFL pre-season thread...
( 1 2 all )
OldSpice 5,550 20 04/09/06 01:00 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* I L M's 2006 NFL draft first round predictions Pat Bateman, VP 4,063 18 04/16/06 08:50 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* NFL Offseason talk Banez 1,578 11 05/11/06 06:54 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,732 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.