Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Scam letters.
    #7341160 -

heh my mum got one today. Do people actually fall for this shit?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341200 -

I guess so. For every million people who don't bite there's got to be at least one sucker, and compared to the price of sending letters, the money that the scammer makes from just one person could finance an entire scamming operation


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #7341207 -

Well damn what type of stuff do these letters say to get you to send money?


--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.


Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: sublimistri]
    #7341223 -

Dunno, I never open em.


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341230 -

I havnt received any of these yet 'I hope..' but i would be keen to see one .. ne chance you could scan the letter for us TurntableJunky ? Your located in Southern NSW correct ? Im in SE QLD and havnt heared any stories of anyone trying to be had but like i sorta insinuated before maybe they have and just don't know it.

If you cant scan it cause it was thrown away or watever can you give us a bit more info about the letter ? company name ? specific idiocies ? etc..


--------------------
~CognitiveShift

Edited by cognitiveshift (08/27/07 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: cognitiveshift]
    #7341236 -

yup one sec


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341277 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341279 -

Can you guys read that?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341285 -

Scams are a huge business. I read an article in consumer reports about a few of the more succesfull ones. Shit, I would fall for a few.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341287 -

kinda hard to read


--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.


Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7341313 -

I know two girls who were gullible enough to fall for them...

One of them I stopped before it was too late, the second one lost almost 500 bucks...


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: sublimistri]
    #7341318 -

Sadly yes, older people do..


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scam letters. [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7342256 -

I saw a thing on Dateline about the Nigerian money making schemes. They actually went to Nigeria and busted people on the internet at some internet cafe sending out the e-mails. Real intense.

The best part was there were rappers in Nigeria rapping about how they take American's money in these schemes and how the people are stupid. It was fucking hilarious.


--------------------
This person does not engage in illegal activities. All questions are hypothetical. All answers are theoretical.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fraudulent Email Scams mjshroomer 1,803 7 12/22/06 11:44 PM
by ParanoidAndroid
* Scam Mail Swami 1,552 7 02/16/04 09:50 PM
by Deviant
* "The Letter D"...long, detailed, beautiful poem...read it :) MiRrOr 1,241 4 12/09/05 12:15 AM
by MiRrOr
* SAVE THE INTERNET!
( 1 2 all )
Hrethic 2,178 28 04/26/06 07:37 PM
by LuNaTiX
* Liek el oh el @ scam Konnrade 780 9 01/27/06 01:07 AM
by Konnrade
* Is it Possible to Scam Restaurants?
( 1 2 3 all )
Atheist 3,891 53 10/21/09 06:30 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Nigeria Police Are Top Notch VilifiedShon 722 12 01/26/09 10:59 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Organic Foods *The Scam*
( 1 2 3 all )
Prisoner#1 3,591 46 08/02/06 03:17 PM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
986 topic views. 2 members, 54 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.